clarity

Now I really did it :((

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1461340523|4022451 said:
Scandinavian|1461324997|4022389 said:
missy|1461323582|4022382 said:
I just emailed Ann asking her if Greg and I could get some of the trapped cats she has neutered and vaccinated this Sunday. I asked her if the clinic she uses has Sunday hours and if we could get appointments for the cats she now has trapped because then we would make the trip Sunday get the cats she has and take care of that. This would make room for her trapping more ferals for the April 29th appointment she already has. I am unsure they have Sunday hours and if they do if they would be able to give us appointments for neuter/spay/rabies vaccination/flea and tick treatments on such short notice for multiple cats but fingers crossed because it would be great to get this done earlier so they wouldn't be in cages for so long! Think good thoughts for them girls and thank you. (((HUGS))).

Missy, this is a really good idea! I really hope it works out!

Try to picture the kitties in the summer when the sun is nice and warm and their bellies are full and they are stretching out and enjoying the sun like only a cat can do :love:

Sadly it won't work out. Just received a reply back from Ann and she said the clinic is closed Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays and she is helping her mom paint this weekend anyway so she is busy. Not sure why she added the helping her mom paint this weekend as I emailed her Greg and I would take the kitties in to the clinic to get the procedures done early. Oh well. I am disappointed :(( but focusing on the positive. And I will picture the kitties stretching out on our deck enjoying the summer sun. Thanks Scandinavian.

Nature - and life - can be a bit difficult and hard sometimes. But spring is in the air - quite literally here today - and lots of good things will happen and the world will be nice and warm and cosy. And if we believe it enough - maybe it will happen. Lots of love to all your kitties and to you too :halo:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, please don't be so hard on yourself, you are doing a great job caring for the ferals and you are most definitely NOT letting anyone down - a lot of people wouldn't go to the lengths you're going to, I can guarantee you that. I think you are very strong and smart to recognize that others have an easier time doing certain tasks and we all have areas where we are more confident in handling a particular job. Everybody has times when they say "I just couldn't do that." I know I do! At those times I am grateful that there are people who can handle things I can't and I remind myself that there are things I can do that others would have a hard time dealing with. And honestly, all of this is a moot point anyway because TNR is very involved and it would be nearly impossible for you to do it anyway since you're not at the beach house full-time. I remember a time when you didn't think you could find anyone to help and you ended up finding Ann! Please don't feel badly, you are doing a wonderful job caring for these kitties!

Your idea of trying to get the kitties in on Sunday is a great one, I hope it works out - I agree with you that although it isn't perfect, you really have no choice but to work within the confines Ann is under. With any kind of luck it will work out and all the ferals will be taken care of. Some of this is just out of your control. Believe me, I feel badly for Sammy and Squirt too but it's important to look at the big picture and the end result will be less ferals being born. I hope you don't think I'm making light of your concerns and worry, because it's virtually impossible not to be anxious about all of this and I'm concerned too!!! I just want to offer you some comfort and support, and try to ease your anxiety a little. Big hugs, you're doing great!

Keeping Bobby and Fred in my thoughts and hoping for good news!

My week went ok, nothing out of the ordinary - nothing big planned for this weekend except to work on the rooms my mother will be staying in. We have to put up doors so we'll go shopping for them. We'll probably go out for something to eat, that seems to be our big outing on the weekends lol. I think I'm going to go with the first agency I spoke to, I read good reviews about it online and I think I just have to make a decision at this point.

Rainwood, good luck with altering your diet, and I hope the changes you're making will help you pinpoint the foods that are causing you to feel unwell. Hopefully you will see some improvement over the next few weeks. I'm sorry you have to deal with these food issues but it's worth it to cut certain foods out if it will make you feel better. And as missy pointed out, there are other delicious alternatives you can try! There are so many recipes available online.

I understand your feelings about the ring, I think all of us struggle a little at times with making a jewelry purchase. But as long as you have the funds I say go ahead and get that rock lol! :dance: Personally I don't think it's self-indulgent and if it's going to bring you happiness I think you should go for it. And you know what, even if it you do feel it's a bit self-indulgent and frivolous, who cares? :D And I think you should wear it on any hand you please! I also don't wear rings on my right hand because I know they will get knocked unmercifully. Obviously, you have to do what you're comfortable with, but junebug the enabler gives her approval! :devil: I'm excited for you, I'd love a large solitaire myself :halo:

Scandianavian, you sound like you're feeling a bit better! I'm glad your father is able to help you out today. I love your new bed, it's beautiful! You have great taste.

Marcy, I hope Marty got home safe and sound - Love the pic of Killer! :D I'm glad you'll have company this weekend - I mean Marty, not Killer ha!

Talk to you all soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, we are definitely more exciting to read in the morning than any newspaper. I hope the contractors got the foundation all fixed up. That is odd your fur baby doesn’t like to eat. She’s too busy doing other things. That is good your dad is watching the guys work on the foundation. My dad used to check out what they were doing on our house when they were building it. We were gone for 2 weeks during that time and my dad gave me a report every day. Quite a few of the couples we hang out with react differently to the stalking app - the girls love the idea and the guys say no way. One of those guys I’ve always been suspicious of so I wasn’t surprised he reacted the way he did. Marty and I use it for nefarious things like “ooh they are on their way home I’ll start supper.” Great looking bed!

Jimmianne, you are so right any man carrying around a killer rabbit should be stalked at all times. Those books do sound interesting; I might look for them in Kindle books. How exciting you’ll be getting your ring next month. I can hardly wait. I love solitaires too - show off that gorgeous diamond although I know halos are very popular. Overall I think everyone should pick what style of ring makes their heart sing.

Missy, have fun with the family this weekend. Your dream kitty farm would be fabulous. Kitty Nirvana. I bet our slippers would sell well. The stalking app is called Find Friends. You have to give someone permission to “see” where your phone is located. Marty can see where all of our Apple devices are on his app. I think it’s good we are easily amused and our dear hubbies get us. Lucky for us. Sorry to hear the clinic is closed for the weekend. Please don’t feel bad about how things are going with the feral kitties; you are doing all you can and then some to help them out. Your are their guardian angel. I am sending lots of PS dust for Bobby and Fred.

Rainwood, we will certainly be here through your gluten and dairy free experiment and naturally encourage any bling shopping you might decide to pursue. Good luck with both! I hope you have a nice time at the island this weekend. It sounds like you’ve found a diamond you really love so I hope it works out for you to buy it and make that special piece of jewelry. I often suffer buyers remorse when I buy jewelry because I sure don’t need any more bling. However, I don’t regret for a moment the money I spent on my ACA diamond ring. It’s a very special piece of jewelry to me and I really enjoy seeing it on my hand.

Junebug, good plan to go with the agency that feels rights to you and has good reviews. It sounds like you are finalizing things for moving your mom to your place. Good luck getting everything ready. I hope you do enjoy a quiet weekend. It is amazing the recipes you can find online. I keep seeing a recipe for Chex Mix in the crock pot. I must try it sometime. Yes, little Killer has been photographed in airports around the world.

Marty got home okay and spent the day running errands. I have a massive pile of laundry to work on so I should be working on it now but I’ll do it tomorrow. He cooked supper for us today - asparagus, baked potatoes and dead animal / fish. I had a filet and he had salmon.

Marty is playing golf tomorrow and I have an eye apartment in the morning. I am anxious to get new glasses - the ones I have not leave a dent in my nose. They are plastic without nose pads so I am going back to metal glasses. I am looking at Tiffany’s frames first. Ha! I’ll turn in my RayBans to get new lenses put in too. Might as well the second set of lenses are usually 1/2 off.

Marty’s wedding band is really loose and he almost lost it in the swimming pool this week so naturally I started shopping for a new band for him. His current ring can’t be sized. I found a Simon G “Golf” band. It’s awesome. He thinks it is too expensive but I love it. Isn’t it perfect?

Work wasn’t too bad today and I left at 5 pm. Sweet.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

screen_shot_2016-04-22_at_9.png

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia!
Life is better today as the foundation was actually corrected yesterday, and almost everything is ready for the logs that arrive on Monday - Yippi!
I think you are very right Jimmianne, a construction project certainly needs a good psychologist - or the NIRDIs :D I'm sure there will be more obstacles along the way, but its nice with a break from troubles. What really gets to me is when someone is not willing to fix the problems they have caused - mistakes happen, but just fix it..
Jimmianne, how is your sweet horse doing? And the ring? Any news?
Missy, hoping for good news from the blood works - ?
Marcy, please be careful around that killer rabbit.. perhaps you should lock him up whilst Marty is golfing..? Never trust a rabbit by its fluffyness... :lol:
Marcy, the ring you posted a picture of look stunning! I'm from a different tradition, where wedding rings don't get upgraded/changed, so for us, a natural "first line of defence" would be to buy a ring as similar to the first one as possible. But as I think you don't have that issue, I say go for it :love: But we require hand shots with Marty and the ring options, please, LOL
Rainwood, is it possible to put the diamond you like on hold while you think it over? I would hate for it to disappear if you decide you need it 8-)
June, I think just picking one of the available agencies is a very good idea! It is impossible to know if you like them without trying and see how it goes in practice. And it sounds like you have done your due diligence well. After all, your mother is probably not going to like them after all, so it does not matter (sorry, really bad joke, trying to lighten your mood but I don't know if you have my strange sense of humor.. please forgive me if you do not!) I think it will be a good thing and that when your mother adjusts to the new situations - which might take some time - she will be very happy to have someone help her out a little and keep her company so she does not get bored when you are not there. And door shopping sounds like fun! I like all kinds of shopping, LOL. Please take care of your self in all this. You deserve to have good and fun days too!
Jimmianne, are you looking forward to your trip to France now? Any idea what you will do while you are there? Sightseeing?
LLJsmom: do you run marathons? So impressive! I hate running, even if I do exercise quite a bit, lol.

Today: a bit of work, then dinner at friends with the children, then fixing things before the construction workers arrive on Monday. Tomorrow: more work, then watching a ballett show where our oldest ( 8 year) is dancing. It's not "professional standard" but they are ok for practicing only once a week, so it should be fun and she is super exited that the whole family is coming to watch her perform :D

Happy weekend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Some of you already know this news but last night Sprite gave birth to 3 kittens!!! :shock:

We had no clue she was pregnant! Ann was shocked to the point of being speechless and when she called me she first couldn't get the words out and I started imagining the worse. That one of the ferals had died g-d forbid because she called me and then couldn't tell me what happened and was fumbling for words. I felt my heart beating a hundred miles a minute. And then when she finally told me I felt relieved because Sprite and Sammy and so far the newborn kittens are OK.

I just hope and pray that the kittens survive that the ferals who are still outside don't start all having babies simultaneously and that this whole thing works out. We are all doing the best we can and now Ann is keeping Sprite and the babies for at least 8 weeks as they cannot be released now. We are hoping the babies can be socialized and made adoptable. It's a big wish but what we are hoping for and to that end you know I will be searching for good homes for the kittens. There are so many kittens who are looking for homes all the time that it is overwhelming but one day at a time. Please continue keeping all the ferals in your thoughts especially Sprite and her 3 (so far) newborn babies. Ann says they are teeny tiny and gray and white. She doesn't even have texting capability on her phone so no chance of me getting pics. I don't even know where Ann lives but am hoping one day she might let us come over to visit but right now Sprite and the kittens do not need any company as they need to be in a quiet low stress environment and the main thing is that they stay safe and healthy.

I don't know if we have any cat experts reading and I will ask my sister but does anyone have any recommendations for cat cage/carrier that would be big enough to accommodate Sprite and her expanding family as they grow? Ann cannot let them roam around free obviously as Sprite is feral but wants them to be as comfortable as possible. She linked me to a carrier but it doesn't seem big enough and a dog crate would let the kittens escape as they are so tiny. Any suggestions? Here is what Ann linked me to and she plans on getting supplies today but I don't love this choice.

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies-training/carriers/grreat-choice-dog-carrier-zid36-531/cat-36-catid-100085?var_id=36-531&_t=pfm%3Dend_cap%26pfmvalue%3DBEST%2520SELLERS

So I just spent some time looking through options and found what I think are better options. That is larger and more comfortable. I keep telling Ann we are covering all costs and she says thank you but no money has exchanged hands despite me telling her we are happy to give her money in advance etc. I worry that money is holding her back from finding the best options for the ferals. And now the food has to be special for Sprite as she is nursing and all this is expensive. I told her she has carte blanche and money is not an issue. LOL hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the butt...I didn't check with Greg but I know he feels the same way.

OK what do you think of these options?

In the XX large size.

http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/dog/dog-containment/dog-carriers-crates-and-kennels/precision-pet-elite-3-door-great-crate-in-copper-hammertone

Or the giant carrier size here.

https://www.chewy.com/dp/101599?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Petmate&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKEAjwuuy4BRCvs43g9fX9mz4SJACiYydPwI_2ltn4x-YEGiCNH7NBH-iucaRtKS0_CbmJ2O7VLBoCSrfw_wcB

Anyway it is up to Ann but sent her the links for these too.

OK that's enough from me and what's going on here except to also let you know Bobby's blood results are normal and his liver is back to functioning! Woohoo!!!! And Fred's blood work is normal too so still not sure what's going on with him though Debbie rehydrated him and also gave him an NSAID injection and he jumped up on the counter Thursday night and yesterday albeit a difficult jump for him you could tell he struggled. So it is either arthritis or something to do with his dehydration and since we don't know why he was dehydrated that might not make itself known to us right away. The NSAID injection is only good for 2 days so we will see if he can still jump up or not and then we will know if it is due to arthritis. Though if he gets dehydrated again it could still be that as the reason.

OK onto you girls!

Rainwood, Woohoo on being 5 days gluten and dairy and peanut free already! That is awesome. Peanut butter was the most challenging food item for me to give up and I do cheat on the holidays when Greg and/or my sister make their famous PB frozen brownies.

I am happy you are going to the island for a few days but I understand the feeling of how hard it is to be going without Nina. In time it will be easier but her loss is still so recent and painful. Big (((HUGS))) to you.

Thank you for all your support, love and encouragement. You are always such a huge help to me truly. You have a great way of making things clear and putting them forth just as they need to be and I appreciate that greatly. Even if it is something I don't want to hear.

The Farmer's market sounds like fun. I love Farmer's markets and we are fortunate that they are year round in Brooklyn but not at the beach. Isn't that funny? You would think a city Farmer's market would be more seasonal but no. I am interested in what fun projects you are planning to work on. I love the way you designed your beach house. You have a real talent for that. I could use your expertise at our beach house. Maybe one day I can get your input there.

How is your knee doing? Hoping you are pain free!

Look what we impulse bought yesterday on our outing in our neighborhood just walking around enjoying the warm sunny weather. Isn't Wally the whale adorable? Haha that is the kind of rescue animal we can adopt all the time. Not too much care and feeding necessary. :lol:

wallyandgreg.jpg

I think you need a Wally for your beach house too. :bigsmile:

Junie, I think that's great that you are going with the first agency. They seem conscientious caring and reliable and don't worry because if they are not all that you are not stuck with them. And wishing you lots of luck with the reno so your mom can be comfortable in your home. I completely agree with Rainwood. What you are doing for your mom is amazing and admirable and all that. And thank you for being so supportive.

Marcy, love your idea of getting Marty a Simon G golf band so he won't lose it in the pool or golfing either. Nice band. Glad he is home and dinner sounded delicious. Especially the asparagus and Salmon. Good luck with your eye exam today and new glasses selection. Yay for leaving work at 5PM. That is sweet. And thank you for the info on the "stalking app" LOL. No wonder I couldn't find it as I was searching stalking app on my phone haha. Love this and will set it up so I can see when I need to get my boyfriend out of the apartment before Greg gets home. Hahaha. :lol: JK!!!

Scandinavian, Woohoo!!! So glad your foundation issues are all fixed!!! What a huge relief. And now all ready for log delivery on Monday. Very happy for you. :appl:
Enjoy dinner with friends tonight and good luck to your DD on her ballet recital tomorrow night. I am sure she will be terrific.

Jimmianne, I hope Gypsy is continuing to make progress. What did the veterinarian say yesterday?

Thank you all girls for continuing to be so supportive and encouraging and listening to me at all times of the day or night. LOL none of us need psychologists with the NIRDIs available for consult at all times of the day and night. Hahaha.

Have a great Saturday girls. We are spending the evening with my parents and sister's family and my aunt and uncle for the 2nd night of Passover. So I will be up past my bedtime today LOL. See you tomorrow and thank you again for all the love and support. Thinking of each one of you and sending lots of love your way.

Leaving you girls with some spring urban flowers from our walk yesterday.

springurbanflowers.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - very nice whale! gorgeous piece.
OMG about Sprite. At least kittens can be tamed and adopted.I have no doubt. Ah well, kittens happen! and I'll bet they are adorable.
And I did not say yesterday that you can only be given accolades for all your work for the kitties. We never think we do enough when we are the very ones doing what others do not! You are a CHAMP!

Thanks for asking about Gypsy. There is a god, truly, because this morning her nose is running, not her eye. Thank goodness I didn't let the vet tranquilize her and do a procedure. As it was the bill was about $300 on top of Monday's $500. [NYC conversion..$600 on top of $1000 LOL ]
But it wasn't the money that stopped me, I just could not let the vet bother Gypsy anymore with needles and prodding after the other procedures done this week.

Marcy, that ring is beautiful. I think you guys should go for it.

Having a hard time with my DD this week. We have the occasional fallout - this one hit deep. The gist is that she loves me very much but cannot tolerate being around me and said she has always felt this way. I feel as though the whole foundation has crumbled and am feeling quite depressed and angry. I know I'm a good mother, but how much c**p is one supposed to take? I am just taking care of myself and doing one day at a time. This seems like something that cannot be healed, ever. Maybe there is a reason for memory loss as we age LOL

Love to all you guys and look forward to reading the happy stuff of NIRDI life. I am sure I will be back with some silliness in a day or two.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, what a relief that Gypsy is doing much better! Please tell me what procedure the vet wanted to do yesterday??? She seems a bit aggressive but perhaps I am overreacting given the news that Gypsy is much better this morning. (((HUGS))).

And LOL sure about being back with an illness in a day or 2. Sigh it seems that's the way life is going the last few years. Not loving that at all and wishing for all the NIRDIs happiness, health, peace and longevity for them and all their fur babies. Tame, feral and imaginary. :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1461414010|4022718 said:
Jimmianne, what a relief that Gypsy is doing much better! Please tell me what procedure the vet wanted to do yesterday??? She seems a bit aggressive but perhaps I am overreacting given the news that Gypsy is much better this morning. (((HUGS))).

And LOL sure about being back with an illness in a day or 2. Sigh it seems that's the way life is going the last few years. Not loving that at all and wishing for all the NIRDIs happiness, health, peace and longevity for them and all their fur babies. Tame, feral and imaginary. :lol:

Silliness! haha
Missy, thanks for the silliness!
It made me chuckle and I'm feeling better already : )

Vet= nothing terrible, just tranquilize and flush the tear duct channel. The vet gets enthusiastic! even though she was hesitant to tranquilize on Monday due to Gypsy's age - - - she wanted to do it again yesterday! nonono

ps. My bear, Glen is in excellent health! he should be - all he does is hibernate on my pillow or get hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL at least I am good at one thing right? Being silly is my forte. So relieved you didn't let the vet tranquilize Gypsy now that we know she is better all on her own!

And am I being crazy secretly thinking (i.e. without sharing it with Greg) that we should adopt all 3 kittens and Sprite and Sammy? That would make a family of 11. 9 cats and Greg and me. LOL I know that is not going to happen but it is a secret wish to keep them safe and loved. Though I suspect Sprite and Sammy are better off out in the wild because it is where they would be happiest being feral even if their life span is shortened by a lot. :((

Have a good Saturday Jimmianne and you know I want you to please keep me posted re Gypsy OK? And hugs to Glen. I always manage to forget him but I love him too!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love your secret wish. I was a VERY bad foster and ended up with eight dogs. yikes. My house sitter is also a foster and has 22 dogs. double yikes.
Think of each of those dear kittens being the prince or princess in their new home - no competition for pets & love!
Even though you and Greg would give them oodles.
Perhaps someone will like to have all three - I wonder if she has had any more???
Someday I will adopt a kitten from The Greg and Missy foundation. If I come up to go to Adam's with you, perhaps I can bring home a meow-type souvenir of NYC!

Lovely Saturday to you and everyone reading here.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New baby kitties :) :) It will work out :) kitties are do adorable! Well. At least you know she is a girl now, lol.

Jimmianne, so sorry to hear that you had a falling out with your mother. Please try to not take it to heart. I had a lot of them with my mother when I was younger because we are from different planets sometimes and totally misunderstand eachother. You love each other so it will work out. And you should definitely not have to listen to such stupidities. I think perhaps she is upset and sad, but not with you. Hugs!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I'll be back later, am heading out soon - but Jimmianne, I just wanted to send you thoughts of love and comfort and let you know I'm thinking of you…I am really sorry you had a fall-out with dd, sounds like she said some hurtful things and as a mother I can understand how upsetting it is. You are a very devoted, caring mother and it doesn't seem to me that you deserve to be treated this way. She might be upset about other things and taking it out on you. Hugs to you, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and am hoping you and dd can eventually patch things up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, keeping your issues in mind from our conversation the other day I started a new thread about those complicated mother daughter relationships. (((HUGS))) again and always. You know we get it and we completely understand and are always here for you.

Thank you Junie and Scandinavian. Sending much love and many hugs to you!!!
Junie, want to adopt a kitten or 2 or 3? Zoe and your mom might like the company...the newborn kitties won't be ready for adoption for a couple of months so gives you time to think about it...8) :bigsmile:

And in the great words of Bill Watterson...I know Curby gets this. :halo:

If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.

_3274.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are WONDERFUL
hugs to ALL.

Ms.Curby, do you have an astronomy phone app?
I like pointing mine at the floor and seeing the stars under my feet on the other side of the earth.
magic.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, that is awesome they got your foundation fixed yesterday. Score! That would actually be pretty funny to lock up all of the killer rabbits. I was protecting them from themselves. I am all for getting Marty that ring but he hasn’t said okay yet. A store about 50 miles away might have one in their store for us to look at. I had sentiment attached to my original rings but Marty says it’s a ring. He upgraded his ring after 16 years when I got my first upgrade. He hasn’t kept up with me since though. Ha Ha. It sounds like you have a lot of nice plans for the day. I am sure the ballet will be fun and be very special for your daughter.

Missy, Sprite had kitties! Hopefully they can be adopted by some nice family down the line. I am glad you had a nice day with your family. I am delighted to hear the test results for Fred and Bobby came back okay. What a relief. Marty is totally resisting getting the golf band - it’s $1875 and he thinks that is way too much money. I countered with you spend a lot more than that on watches and he responded and they are worth it. Then I pointed out I spend more than that on rings for me and he just repeated he’s not spending that money on a band. I need to get him to a store to see it so he can fall in love with it. That is too funny you were looking for the stalking app. Marty used to call and leave me messages to get my boyfriend out of the house because he was on his way home. He’s such a comedian. I love the pictures of cute Wally, handsome Greg and pretty flowers. I love the Calvin and Hobbes shot - it’s perfect.

Jimmianne, I am glad Gypsy is doing better and you saved her from getting a shot too. I will work on Marty about that band but he is resisting so far. I am so sorry about what your DD said to you. Sometimes things just come out of our mouths that we never meant to say and I hope she will work at making that right with you. I can tell you are a loving, caring and supportive mother and I am sure she knows that. Hugs to you. I honestly don’t use any astronomy apps on my phone since I know the constellations already but the ones I have are Planets, SkySafari and pUniverse. I use heavens-above.com on my PC - it has star maps and well tell you when you can see the space station or where to find bright comets. There is also Whatsouttonight and Skymaps. Are the stars good where you live? Can you see the Milky Way - that means you have dark skies.

Hi Junebug, LLJsmom, Kristie, Rainwood and Sharon.

We stayed up until after midnight watching a movie and then I heard sirens about 6:15 and never really went back to sleep.

Marty went to the range early and I went to the eye doctor. I picked out new glasses - they are Tiffany. Sweet. Their computers were down so they couldn’t process the order and come up with the price so I’ll have to go back and pay next week after they call me.

Marty played golf today with some friends of ours. I got the huge stack of laundry done that was in Marty’s suitcase. At least a lot of it is heading to the dry cleaners.

Have a great evening and Sunday.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, everyone!

Jimmianne, I'm so sorry about what happened with your daughter. That must have cut you to the core. Big, big hugs because you didn't deserve it. My guess is that at least part of this comes from something going on with her, and you ended up being the target because you were there. But I can understand how it makes you sad and depressed. Maybe give each other some space for awhile so that more hurtful words aren't said. Go get on the tractor and move some earth around. That's what I recommend!

Missy, I'm so sorry about your mom being difficult. I'm glad it's been patched up enough to go to Passover dinner, but understand that it all gets so tiring and upsetting. Someone once told me that as people get older, we become more of who we are. Maybe that's the case for your mom. Plus aches and pains and the difficulties of aging don't help. But still, that kind of behavior is not okay. I had a great relationship with my mom, but I have to take extended timeouts away from my MIL. She can sometimes work my last nerve, but try not to take it too personally as she did that to her own kids as well. And on a more cheerful note, kitties! Guess we know Sprite is a girl now! I will lose all my goodwill with Greg for saying this, but I can certainly see the two of you adopting one of her kitties, but just one. It just seems like destiny. That could be its name! And for me to say that takes a lot as I've advised against a 5th feline family member, but this seems different somehow. But only if the logistics work, and you two know more about that than I do. And I love the new addition for the beach house! Every one needs at least one whale. I have two. One in the dining area:

And one in the living rooms:

Marcy, I love the dimples on that wedding band to match a golf ball. So appropriate for Marty, but I can see the price tag scaring him off. Keep working on him though because that seems like such a good choice for him. And I admire your ability to identify all the constellations. I'm an astronomy dunce. I can pick out the North Star and Orion and the Milky Way, but get stuck after that.

Junie, hope the remodeling efforts with the doors go well this weekend.

Scandinavia, sounds like you have a busy and fun weekend, and fingers crossed that all goes well when the logs come on Monday.

img_1508_copy.jpg

img_1509_copy.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, I love the whales at your beach house. Those are prefect. I love seeing glimpses of your house too. The white cabinets and shelves look fabulous.

I hopefully can wear Marty down on that ring - I really like it. You are off to a good start on the constellations. I need to get out this summer and do some star gazing - now that we don't have a camper we haven't been out with scopes in a long time. I taught astronomy for 21 years and went to star parties every summer - not for 4 years now so I am getting rusty.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy,
Apparently men are not as susceptible to enablement as women : (
I love that we have an astronomer in our midst.
Pretty nice sky w/milky way here on a clear night, but nothing like Out West in the mts. Thick stars thar.
I hope you get out out more often with your scopes and soak up the overhead scenery.
Tiffany, heck sweet. When do we get photos Ms.Glam??

Rainwood, great minds think alike! That's what I did - went out and dug another small pond in a wet field. Got stuck for a few minutes too. Certainly takes one's mind off things LOL
Nice whales!
You and Missy are trending.

Last week I had an unpleasant confrontation with a woman because four years ago I funneled funds through her non-profit to my DD's green company still waiting for non-profit status and the funds are still sitting in a checking account.
She charged a fee, but now says it was not her job to let DD know the funds were available. I thought my DD had the money all this time and I was very upset. The next day the woman's teenage son died. Talk about putting things in perspective. A reminder to be kinder and not sweat the small stuff.
This is the second time in less than a year that a young man in my community has died of a heroin overdose. These are upper middle class kids from loving families. It's shocking and it's a travesty that these drugs are so readily available to kids.

Sorry to bring negativity in, it is just that I was thinking about it this morning and thinking how lucky I am to have a wonderful DD who is healthy, even if we aren't getting along. : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

LOL Marcy! That is exactly what Greg says to me when he calls me to say he is on his way home. "get my boyfriend out of the house because he was on his way home" OMG the very same words that Marty says to you. :lol:

I hope Marty decides he wants that band and will enjoy wearing it. I cannot wait to see your new Tiffany glasses and sorry for the difficulty ordering them yesterday. I bet they will look gorgeous on you when you get them!

Hope you had a better night's sleep last night and that you enjoy a wonderful Sunday.

Rainwood, I love your whales. They are beautiful. And you already know how much I love your taste and your beach house too. We had a good time last night. That's the way it goes with my mom and our relationship. I will keep working on making it better with her. I don't want to have any regrets when it is too late. I am so happy for you that you and your mom and your sister had/have a strong and healthy relationship.

LOL don't worry about your goodwill with Greg. It will always exist. And believe me if the kittens are friendly we might adopt one of them but if not we will work hard on finding them good homes if at all possible. It will come down to if the kittens are friendly if they will get a home. I sure hope it works out.

Hope you are enjoying a great weekend at your beach house.

Jimmianne, I am sorry you had that unpleasant confrontation and sorry that woman's son died. How tragic.
And yes it does put everything in perspective. Sending more love your and your DD's way.
How's Gypsy this morning?

Scandinavian, hope your DD's dance recital goes very well tonight. Hope you enjoyed a fun evening with your friends last night too.

Thank you girls for all your support behind the scenes too. Sharing some more pics with you from yesterday some before, some after and some during the Seder. As you know I enjoy sharing because I think it livens up all the text I am always full of LOL. :oops: :lol:

Have a great Sunday. :wavey:

Adding a glitter and green nail polish pic from my nieces last night. I don't wear nail polish but they do. And very colorful if not freshly done. :lol:
glitternailsandgreennailsonniecespassover2016.jpg

passover2016.jpg

passoverseder10plagues.jpg

passoverseder2016.jpg

bethanyandalexapassover2016.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Sunday.

Jimmianne, actually I think I enabled Marty’s watch addiction because that was the only thing he liked to look at when he was following me around jewelry stores. I am glad you have some nice skies where you live. Agreed there is nothing like the skies in the mountains out west. The place my club hosted it’s annual star party is at 9100 feet and far away from any city lights or sky glow. You honestly have to find the Big Dipper to orient yourself and the Milky Way casts a shadow on the ground. All that hard work during the day was worth that sight at night. I miss those skies but not running a major star party. As Marty and I tell people that ask if we are going to do it again - that ship has sailed. We ran it for over 25 years that was plenty. Yea for digging another small pond but rats you got stuck. Sounds like that didn’t last long though. That is so heartbreaking to hear about that lady’s teenage son. I think all communities large or small has way too much drug abuse going on anymore.

Missy, that is too funny Greg and Marty use the same line. They are comedians! Or so they think. I am wearing my old Tiffany glasses today. I am rethinking whether I like frameless lenses since i have fair skin and hair. But I liked them on me or was it just I walked in the door wanting Tiffany glasses? I didn’t even look at any other frames. I did sleep better - thank you. Your pictures are always fabulous. Your nieces are adorable and their nail polish looks fun. You and Greg are such a great look couple too. It looks like everyone is having a good time. I am glad you work at the relationship with your mom. As you said you don’t want to have regrets and you just never know. My bitter sister was so mean and nasty to my mom sometimes I often wonder if she regrets it. She’d call her just to pick a fight with her. She’d rant and rave about things she did or didn’t do and some of it was decades ago or it wasn’t based in reality.

We watched movies last night and worked on getting Marty packed this morning. It is cooling off here with rain expected off and on today.

I want to go check out Coach Tote bags and small satchels today to see if I like the style enough to order one of them in the Snoopy bags. How exciting. If I can’t shop sapphire upgrades I’ll get new purses and Tiffany glasses. Ha!

BTW - James Allen has 15% everything through May 1st except certified diamonds and gems.

Have a great day.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you and Greg are such lovely people.
and your nieces too. I want to give them a hug.

Gypsy is OK. Jury still out - looks good but some tearing again - perhaps due to atropine and me not getting her into her dark stall before the sun came up.

Marcy,

Now you - don't tell me about the JA sale!! Last time I had to buy those earrings!
There are two things I would love to see - a true nighttime sky, and the aurora borealis.
It's a pretty good sky here now, but 7 miles from me a huge 30k unit development [w/hospitals, shops, etc. ] is going in and that will be THAT.

I hope ya'll have a good day. [people from NY who live in the South always end up saying ya'll, sad but true : ) ]
I had a fun date and we are going to a classic car show at the Pinehurst Country Club next week - his car is in the show. Turns out we both like metal detecting, so there is a hobby to share. I told him I couldn't wait to find a diamond ring. I hope he understood I meant find one on the beach haha

DD and I are back to OK good. Wow. kids. OMG. I thought I wanted to simply curl up & die LOL Thanks to the NIRDIs I am still here :lol:
Now it is time for me to mow and it's a beautiful day here, but a few minutes on JA can't hurt. right? :saint:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My official cookie tester. He said they don't suck.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1461535087.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I had to spill the beans on the JA sale. I've browsed through the website a few times.

I am delighted to hear you and DD are on okay to good terms today. I am glad you are feeling better now.

Your car date sounds fun and I hope you get to go with him metal detecting too. And naturally find a big whooping diamond ring.

We have been lucky enough to see some gorgeous aurora from our star party sight. Pretty cool.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Hope everyone had a good Sunday! I'll do my best to catch up!

Missy, I feel like I"ve missed so much…I'm glad you ended up having a nice Passover dinner with your family, even though there was an issue towards the end - and it's great that your father stuck up for you :appl: Also glad things were straightened out between you and your mother - it's a tough relationship to navigate sometimes even though there's a lot of love there as well! I think it really helped that you let your mother know how you were feeling, it sounds to me like it diffused the situation and helped smooth things over.

I'm so relieved to here that Sprite and the kittens are doing well so far - my gosh, what a shock. I think I like the metal crate you posted, it's really roomy and that might be more comfortable for them - although the other carrier might give the cats more of a sense of security. It will be interesting to hear what Ann thinks since she seems to have experience with all of this.

Very happy to hear about Bobby, yay! :dance: Fred sounds like he's doing a little better too, and I'm hoping that continues. It's hard to figure out exactly what's going on with our furbabies sometimes but he's in good hands with you and Greg.

Love your rescue whale, very pretty lol! Great pic of Greg too!

Lol to me getting another kitten or two! I really wish I could - I'm sure my mother would be fine with it, but dh might be a problem :cheeky:

Your nieces are adorable!!! And you and Greg look so good, such an amazing looking couple :love:

Love the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon - I'm enjoying the ones you are posting in other threads too, I think it might be my favorite comic strip - very funny, but also very insightful and wise.

Marcy, I love the band! I think it's perfect too! :clap: I hope you can talk Marty into it, as Jimmianne said I guess men can resist jewelry better than women haha! Your cookie looks SO delicious, and I love the bear who's holding it…he's a lucky bear.

Scandinavian, lol, you are absolutely right, my mother isn't going to like anyone I hire anyway so it really doesn't matter! No worries about making light of things, my brother and I joke around a lot and it's a good stress releaser. I don't show it on this thread but I have a weird and somewhat irreverent sense of humor so believe me, I'm not easily offended lol! Thank you for your support, and I am definitely going to find ways to enjoy life and get breaks while my mother is living with me. I know I'll get burned out if I don't.

Have fun at your daughter's ballet recital! Best wishes for a great show, I know she'll have a good experience with her family there to cheer her on!

Jimmianne, I'm really happy things are going better with dd! - in hindsight I feel I was a bit harsh or something in my comments so I'm sorry if I came across that way to you - I have had tough times with my dd too so I guess I was just very empathetic to how you were feeling. These situations have a way of working themselves out and I'm so glad you're feeling better. :clap:

So very sad about the woman's son, just heartbreaking; drugs are so scary - you're right, it really does put things into perspective.

Sounds like you've met someone nice to spend time with! Glad to hear you're having a good time, and how cool that you are both into metal detecting. So funny about finding a diamond ring! :D

Rainwood, I hope you had a pleasant and relaxing getaway this weekend - although I'm sorry it's still difficult for you to go and I hope that eases for you over time. I love your whales, they look beautiful where you've placed them! Good for you for sticking with your food restrictions, I know it's not easy so congrats to you for hanging in there :dance: Thanks for your nice words - I'm a little nervous about taking on this task and hopefully things will go smoothly with this transition.

The door shopping didn't go so well lol - the place we had in mind isn't going to work out so back to square one - hard to find someone willing to do a relatively small job like this - but a job big enough that dh can't really handle it on his own. And I'd like to do a pocket door for one of the doors, which will be a little complicated. Oh well, we'll figure something out.

Take care everyone, and have a good night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, that's great to hear you are a Calvin and Hobbes fan too. I like C&H, Peanuts, Dilbert and Far Side.

That is too bad the plans for getting the doors picked out and arranged this weekend didn't work out. It is hard to find someone to do little jobs. Maybe ask around for recommendations for someone who is good and reliable. I'm too lazy to look this up - what is a pocket door?

Marty actually did spend some time this afternoon looking through wedding bands and asked me for the website that has the golf band. I can't find my certificate or receipt for his current wedding band so I can use it to trade in where I buy my sapphires. Hopefully they can find it in their computer. I am pretty sure we bought it in June of 2007. He gets back from his golf / family vacation on Saturday so asked me if I want to go to the see about my sapphire upgrades next Sunday. Cross your fingers and toes we don't get a snow storm that day.

Arrows enjoyed my cookie. I was good and only ate 2 of them today. I had a small batch of popcorn for supper.

Have a great week!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Some good news. Yesterday we visited the K9Kastle adoption event in Brooklyn (as we usually do on Sundays when we are in Brooklyn) and Andres and Penelope both got adopted! Woohoo! We were there for a while yesterday and I was directly responsible for Andres's adoption. A lovely young couple walked in and were looking for a partner for their male cat because their other cat (a female) had died recently and their male cat was missing her. I was chatting with them and they told me they wanted a cat who would fit in well and engage their remaining cat. Initially they were looking for a female but I thought Andres would fit right in because he loves other kitties and he gets along well with male and female cats alike. So they went with my suggestion and I am hoping it works out. It is never for sure because it depends on the 2 individual cats gets along but fingers crossed. Andres has been waiting for a home for months now so really want this to work out. He is such a sweet baby and I was holding him yesterday and all he wanted to do was play and be active. And so happy Penelope finally got a home too. She is 9 months old and is going to a home with 2 other cats and a wonderful woman. YAY! Hope it works out for all of them! :appl:

Marcy, I am glad you had a few good days with Marty and before you know it he will be back home with you. Hope he arrived at his destination safely and will be back home very soon.

What is the name of your astronomy club? Greg has a very close friend who lives in South Carolina and is an astronomy aficionado and I wonder if he knows your club or if it is only a local thing?

How funny both Marty and Greg have a watch addiction and also say similar things. But Greg's watch addiction is all his own doing though when we were dating I bought a few watches for him since he was always buying be bling. Now we both choose our own LOL.

I am sorry about your sisters and you cannot control their behavior as I am always relearning the hard way. I am so glad you and your mom had a terrific relationship. (((HUGS))).

Rain is better than snow that's for sure. Hoping no snow comes your way.

You know I like popcorn for dinner. Another thing we share. I also love all those comic strips you love. Lots in common. Bling, comics, fur babies, watch loving handy men, popcorn, cookies...speaking of which... 8)
Can I please be your cookie taster? OMG that looks so good. I cannot believe it but I am jealous of your teddy bear Arrow. :lol:

Junie, About your dh and getting another kitten or 2 (you know you are not considered a crazy cat lady till you have MORE than 5 just saying... :devil: :cheeky: ) why don't you gently mention it to him after he has asked you for a big favor and then give it some time. We have at least 2 months before they will need loving homes. :halo: ;)) :pray:

I am glad you are enjoying my Calvin and Hobbes tribute. I hope people don't find it obnoxious but they have a comic strip for almost every life situation. LOVE Bill Waterson and I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes. <3

I am so sorry you are having trouble finding someone to help you with the doors and again wish we lived closer. Can you email me the details and I will share them with Greg to see if he can help in any way? You know he is pretty handy and might also have some suggestions where you can find what you are looking for...and now his woodworkshop is almost complete. What's one more project or 2? :halo: Email me and if we can help we will!

Jimmianne, So glad you and DD are back to being great. Mother Daughter relationships can be so challenging. No matter how much we love them. Glad you had a fun date with whom you share interests and hoping you have many many more! Very glad Gypsy's eye is improving and hoping that continues. Please keep us posted OK? I am anxious for her to get all better fingers crossed!

Thank you for the virtual hugs and I am sending some (((hugs))) your way too! To all the NIRDIs! ((((HUGS))).

Have a great day girls. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no. Greg was going through the security pics from last night and oh well, it was bound to happen...a baby raccoon got into the feeding station and had a snack. LOL it is baby season isn't it. I don't mind the babies getting food so that's just fine. Just don't mess with my feral kitties OK? :appl:

ETA: Jimmianne, I keep meaning to add that there is an Opioid addiction epidemic going on all over right now. So tragic. :((

babyraccoon.jpg

babyraccoongotin.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1461584003|4023290 said:
ETA: Jimmianne, I keep meaning to add that there is an Opioid addiction epidemic going on all over right now. So tragic. :((

yes. and apparently the young man who died recently was only smoking heroin recreationally.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for keeping my coffee company :) Construction difficulties again today. Hope they resolve soon. Will get back to you tomorrow :) Hugs and all the best!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian said:
Thank you for keeping my coffee company :) Construction difficulties again today. Hope they resolve soon. Will get back to you tomorrow :) Hugs and all the best!

Wishing you lots of good luck construction dust!!!! Thinking of you and hoping it proceeds smoothly. (((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results