shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm glad that Sprite was trapped and happy he's going to get the care he needs, and I join you in being concerned for him (((hugs))). This is a good thing even though it's hard on him right now. Hmm, yes, kind of an odd thing about the other cat and the phone call, not quite sure what to make of that. I guess the next time you speak to her you could ask her about it. Some kind of mix-up on her end maybe? Try not to worry too much, she sounds dedicated and competent so I think the ferals are in good hands. I hope she can try again at some point. :pray:

LLJsmom, so good to hear from you! Glad you had a good day, brunch with dh sounds like fun, hope you can check back in soon!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, everyone!

Missy, I totally had deja vu on Norm Abram because I said that same comment before and you sent me the pictures before! I saw them and went "Oh, yeah." But still very cool the second time around. I bought the sunscreen you recommended and will have to try it out as we're setting heat records these days. It was over 80 here and that's unheard of in the middle of April. I'm so glad you had a good first cycling weekend. That's a big stress reliever for you. And I'm happy to hear Sprite will get neutered. He's a good looking guy so the ladies would have loved him.

Junebug, I hear you on how some days things just weight a little heavier on our minds. We may not even know why that day is a little harder. Some bling may be a good idea. I keep debating it as I have something very specific in mind, but can't seem to pull the trigger.

Scandinavia, I understand the bird obsession for your sweet dog. Nina could have been quite the birder as she was attracted to them from the start. She'd even watch airplanes! But the food hound part of her took over, and being the city dog that she was, she learned to go for the people because they're the ones with dog treats in their pockets. But how great to be training your dog. And such good exercise for you! You are quite the amazing do-it-all person!

Jimmianne, I had to laugh about your French teacher. Sounds like you made the right decision because he didn't seem very interested in teaching! And it will be especially sweet as you ride around basking in your rediscovered love for your sports car. Honk when you see him then keep going! It's funny how the thought of parting with something can make you remember what made you like it in the first place.

Marcy, sorry that your coworkers can't seem to figure out how to do their jobs well. And don't seem to care. That makes it even worse! I hope our fabulous weather heads your way for the next few days. And I understand about not wanting to cook when you're on your own. That remains a struggle for me. Particularly as I've decided I do need to go gluten-free for awhile because I think it's an issue. And I've decided to add dairy for the next few weeks. That rules out a lot of my go-tos and favorites for a quick meal. I even had popcorn last night. You can relate to that!

LLJ's Mom, hurray that tax season must be over! I'm one of those bad clients who couldn't get everything together in time and the accountant had to file extensions for each of the returns I have to do (mine and my late mother's).

The weekend with my niece, her husband, and his daughter went as well as it could possibly have gone. The weather was perfect, she's a sweetheart of a kid, and everyone had a great time (including me) even though her mother has bad-mouthed both my niece and her husband pretty much the entire last year - to a four-year-old! But she loves her dad and my niece, both of whom are great with her but particularly my niece who works with kids as part of her job and is really good at keeping kids both well-behaved and happy which can be a hard combo! It's unfortunate that the mom is the way she is, but she doesn't have a great life (due to her own choices and an unfortunate family upbringing) and she's mad that he didn't marry her even though she's the one who left the country and the relationship. It was so wonderful to see them all having a great time and how resilient kids can be.

Yesterday was a busy day for me for different reasons. I decided to get a NEXUS card so I can go through the "express" lane when going to Canada, and also use it to save time at US and Canadian airports. The application can be done online, but there is an in-person interview that's required. I checked the website and they have an interview location where I live, so I decided "Great, I'll sign up" and filled out the application and sent in the fee. They went though the application and did a conditional approval after a few weeks so the next step was the interview. I tried to schedule it and the next available appointment was in October! Six months. But there was a cancellation at the location near the border so I did the two and a half hour drive up, did the interview, but they couldn't do the retina scan there. But he said it's just 5 minutes up the road. Turns out it was across the border, at a different border crossing than I thought, in a poorly marked area that I couldn't find for awhile. Then it was back across the border and the drive home. Shortest trip to Canada ever! One of the major bridges back in town was malfunctioning so the last part of the drive that should have taken 10 minutes took over an hour. I was beat when I finally made it back, but I'm hoping to have fewer long lines in the future.

Have a good mid-week, everybody!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia!

Well, at least it is morning. Not a good morning at all actually. There is a problem with the foundation for the house. The concrete part that the timber logs shall rest upon is too small. And logs do need a foundation, they are not very well equipped for floating around in mid air by themselves.. Had the company doing the log house part at our place yesterday to do some measuring (after we discovered the problem) and they confirm that we did the measuring correctly, and that the foundation is too short from north to south. Not good, especially as the logs are coming on Monday for assembly, and the contractor for the foundation is not answering emails or calls...

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

So back to calling them every 10 min until they pick up. We were going to use the same company for carpenter work inside (floors, ceiling, doors, etc) but think we will replace them. So angry. We even asked them before they left that they had confirmed all measurements, and they said that all the foundation walls are perfectly fine.

Moving on to happier things!

Jimmianne, so glad that you did not sell your car! It sounds like a fun car to drive :) You are so lucky that you have nice thick hair so you can pull off the goddess style! Mine is a bit too Scandinavian.. Was your eye exam ok? French club sounds great :) Is your horse's eye any better? So difficult with animals, hard to ask them where it hurts.

Missy, Sprite is so beautiful. I think this trapping woman maybe trapped one that is not part of your usual bunch? I think I would just send her a text and say that you are curious as you did not recognize the cat from the description and if she please could send you a picture? My DB is going to rest for a few weeks now, taking down her form curve (right word? probably not but who cares, lol) a bit before building it up again during the summer. All to get her to maximum capacity for the fall season, lol. These dogs are such top athletes :angel:

June, hope today is a better day with less of a *blah* feeling! Personally, I like to go for a long walk when *blah* sneaks up on me. Thank you for saying such nice things about my dog! :) She is a true sweetheart with the kindest heart in the world!

Missy, please try to not worry about the cats - they will be fine! I'm used to cats catching mice for food :shock: - which is why I don't have a cat, LOL. If they are anything like dogs, they can go days without food and be just fine as long as they have water. (NOT saying its ideal, just trying to say that they will be ok).

LLJsmom :wavey: Hope today will be a good day for you :)

Marcy, shock collars are used (legally and required!) to teach dogs not to hunt/kill sheep. It is a requirement to allow dogs to run free in the forrest and the mountains. The "test" is performed every two years for each dog. My baby hates sheep, so we have to carry her into the sheep paddock. So they let her off without the small shock that they are supposed to give when the nose of the dog touches the sheep. No way she is getting her nose close to that scary thing, LOL. To the point: do they think that I look like (a) a sheep or (b) a sheep killing dog??? LOL. I think I would prefer to be a dog... Perhaps I should by bunny slippers for my DH. I don't think he would ever forgive me, LOL LOL.

Rainwood, that is such a nice story about Nina! My dog is not fond of food at all! When we train, you are supposed to give treats to the dog when they do a good job, and also to reduce their stress level when they are finished with a bird situation. LOL. My DB darling baby dog does not like treats (not even sausages). So on time when I tried to put it in her mouth after a bird situation, she almost chocked, because she did not realise it was in her mouth... Oh well... The weekend with your niece + family sounds very nice :) Express lanes are always a good idea :)

- S

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, thanks, I know you always get how I am feeling and you are a big comfort to me. I hope you are feeling better today. It's going to be a beautiful day the next 2 days and I hope you have some time to enjoy the Spring sunshine. Sending more (((hugs))) your way.

Marcy, Rain is better than snow and I hope there is no more snow in your forecast. Marty is home tomorrow right? Wishing a safe trip back for him. Yes ask Marty to make your laptop easier to print from because otherwise it is a pain. Glad you were able to finally make your employee see the error of her ways. Threats work. ::) Glad you didn't check your work email after work yesterday. You deserve a break.

Yesterday the ride back took about 75 minutes. Not bad. It really is an easy ride if you go off hours unless there is construction or an accident which are big complicating factors and let's just say there is often construction all around NYC. But yesterday's home was a breeze. Thanks for the reassurance about Sprite.

Rainwood, so pleased you had a terrific time with your niece, her dh and his daughter. I don't get people who bad mouth others. It usually just makes the person doing the bad mouthing look bad. I am glad you had fun with them and it is good to be around people who care about you who you care about.

Ha, I thought we had the Norm Abram conversation before but my memory isn't great so I thought must have been with someone else. LOL. He is a really nice guy. Just like how he appears to be on TV.

The NEXUS card is a great idea though I am sorry it wasn't as easy to get as you were led to believe. But yay you now have it and hopefully it will begin making your trips across the border easier and more efficient.

Hope the sunscreen works out well for you. If not let me know as I have other recommendations you can try but also with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. They are usually the most tolerated and least irritating sunscreens around and do the job.

Haha yes the ladies (or men) will definitely love Sprite (who I am not sure is a boy or girl). Just keeping my fingers crossed that she does trap all the kitties and they all get safely neutered/spayed and vaccinated and released safely back to their environment and that they will continue to eat at our feeding station. One of my concerns is that they will no longer come to our food because that is where she had to has/to trap them. And they will remember and stay away. But I realize it is what it is and we have no choice but to proceed and hope it goes smoothly.

Ann said we have the most amazing feeding station set up she has ever seen. I told her Greg (after checking with him) would be happy to make the same for any of her people who are feeding the local ferals. And we would take care of the cost of the dog crate too since she mentioned most of them don't have to money to buy the materials/dog crate. Of course then I start worrying how are they affording the cat food each day. That stuff is not cheap and we end up using a whole big bag per week I think of the dry food. But anyway she now knows we would be happy to duplicate our feeding station setup for anyone who would like one for their ferals.

And I keep thinking of poor scared Sprite (and maybe Sammy if that is who she has) and you know me. I am thinking of the kitties too much of the time now and have to get my mind on something else. Thank you all for letting me talk it through.

Scandinavian, ugh, I am sorry about the foundation mess and I know you and your dh will get this fixed and straightened out but in the meantime I am mad for you and sorry you have this extra aggravation. Thank goodness you discovered the problem before they started doing the actual work. I agree best not to use these guys again. :angryfire:

I sent Ann the pics I have of Sammy and Squirt (no good pics of Fresca or Dr Pepper) and she emailed me back it was Sammy. I am still skeptical and when I can will go through the security pics from overnight to see if Sammy was eating or if he/she is not there. I will know if I see Sammy that it was not Sammy who she has. Haha my power of deductions are amazing aren't they? :cheeky:
Thank you for your reassurance about the kitties. It is a good thing I never had human children. I wouldn't have survived it.

Good luck getting in touch with the foundation contractor today and hoping for a quick and not stressful resolution. (((Hugs))).

Hi LLJsmom, so glad tax season is over and happy you are taking some time for yourself.

Jimmianne, How is your sweet Gypsy doing today? Thinking of her and hoping she is improving. (((Hugs))).

Have a good Wednesday girls. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom :wavey: :appl: :wavey: Happy to see you here.

Missy, you saved me twice! Yesterday I came home from the eye-doctor and thought I would chill out for the afternoon. Then I saw your comment about my French group and I thought - holy moly! I forgot. Got back in the car and went. and it was great - I found a new teacher.
Then just now I was sitting down to read through the NIRDI posts and you asked how Gypsy was - - - again - - - omg! I forgot to bring her in at dawn! [she is on atropine] Her eye looks better - still tearing up quite a bit, but completely open this morning. whew!
So, thank you. Would you like a job as my manager??? : )
or do you have enough on your plate with your kitties?
Congrats on getting Sprite all straightened out. The world will be better for it, and good for his health for so many reasons.

Marcy, here is my goddess hair. img_3900.jpg It looks short on one side, but it's not IRL. I feel liberated and I hope your haircut does the same for you.
I want you to have a CURBY plate, darn it. They should make an exception for you. I guess CRBY doesn't cut it...? It sort of looks like crybaby : ( So the only answer is for the NIRDIs to give you another nickname for your plate.
Happy for your little toy. Another bling prop? Waiting for the Snoopy Wallet-prop photos!

Scandi, that you for all the nice things you said : ) What a bummer about the foundation. There is always something with construction as I am sure you know. That was a serious error! Maybe this will be the only glitch and you can get on with the fun part.
Yes, I have thick Scottish hair, but I would love to have your beautiful Scandinavian hair!

I'm going to post this and write more - just lost the post but happily I had copied most of it. now fearful of the dreaded nothing :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg your new hairdo is terrific. You are gorgeous Ms Jimmianne!!! Inside and out. All of the NIRDIS are!

So glad I was able to help in whatever small way. Mainly relieved Gypsy's eye is looking better. Does she seem in less discomfort? Atropine should help that but what is she taking for the eye infection/ulcer?

Glad you enjoyed a new French professor and class. :appl:

Happy to help you manage anytime Jimmianne! :halo: :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW I know I have typos in my post, but am thinking every time I edit and other email goes out? I meant THANK YOU, Scandi.

Missy, Gypsy is also getting a pain killer, a triple antibiotic gel every few hours and a anti-fungal eye cream. I keep her inside all day and let her out at night.
YOU are gorgeous, Missy.
We are ALL goddesses. yes?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for updating me about Gypsy. Relieved as that seems a thorough treatment just in case. Continued healing vibes being sent her way! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And thanks for the lovely compliment. Yes we are all goddesses. :bigsmile:
And we are doing ok for our collective (ha who am I kidding we are doing ok for our individual ages too) ages right? :cheeky:
Most importantly of course is that we are beautifully on the inside. Love all you girls (and guy!).

Hugs to Gypsy, Puffie boy and all our furry animal families. Feral and tame.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne,myou have gorgeous hair. You should read my story about someone asking me about my gray hair. It's in the growing old bread missy started. It will make you laugh.

Scandinavian, I'm sorry about the house foundation issue. That is no good. Yes, they had better address the issue. I can't imagine screwing up something so important to you and fundamental to their business. I hope you reach them and they fix it at no cost to you.

Hi missy. Glad you are taking care of the kitties and that they are finally being trapped. You are persistent. Good for you. I can only imagine how your feeding station looks like IRL. I hope you are feeling better today. I'm up early cause I still am wound up from busy season. Need at least a week to adjust. Hope you all have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, ooh what new piece of bling are you considering? Of course I’d pick right up on that! It is hard to just cook for yourself. A lot of places offer gluten free food anymore. One of our local pizza places has a gluten free pizza and my nephew who has to eat that says it’s the best pizza like that he’s had. It just makes it more difficult. That will be nice to add dairy next week. I generally don’t like to go to a restaurant by myself but I stopped at a Sharis after work today and had breakfast. It apparently was free pie day for ladies so I had them pack me up a piece of cherry pie and I’ll have it tomorrow. Such a deal. Sometimes I’ll make some and split up the leftovers for lunch or supper but then I get sick of it too. I still think popcorn isn’t that bad of a meal sometimes. It was pretty nice here today so thank you for sending some warm weather our way. I sure hate to hear that little girl’s mother bad mouthed your niece and her husband; that is just shameful. People have no right doing that to a child. What an adventure to get your interview and retinal scan done today but you’ll be glad you have it. Marty has TSA Pre and appreciates it.

Scandinavian, I sure am sorry to hear about your foundation problems. I hope they can figure out how to adjust it and make it right. Wow that is something all the dogs are tested there every 2 years to make sure they wouldn’t hunt sheep. That is something. What does your dog like to eat?

Missy, right now our forecast doesn’t call for any snow but you never know this time of year. Yes Marty gets home tomorrow. I think he is very ready to come home. I told him tonight he has been ignoring me and the Killer Rabbit. Glad to hear your ride home yesterday was smooth. That’s great Ann is impressed with your Kitty shelter - I bet she won’t forget your generous offer to make some for others trying to help some feral kitties.

Jimmianne, I like your haircut. It looks fabulous on you. I have so much hair layers work best for me too. I keep getting bangs cut back and then they make my forehead itch and I start pinning them to the side until they dry and keep them mostly off my face. That’s great Gypsy opened her eye today. I am glad you think CRBY would make people think crybaby because that is exactly what I said when Marty suggested it. I thought of doing CURB but it’s not the same. All of you ladies could write our highway department and say please let Marcy have a CURBY plate made. They allow 5 numbers why not 5 letters? Of course none of those letters are small.

Junebug, I hope you are feeling better today.

LLJsmom, my mom was 86 and still had black hair. I had dark blonde and it hasn’t started to gray or go white. It’s funny how different that is for people.

Yes ladies we are all beautiful inside and out. Beauty comes from the inside and you ladies are so kind and supportive. You are the best.

I was so excited to get caught up at work today. We still have a few more weeks of being really busy then I’ll be bored. I hope to do lots of training both with my employees and with my boss’s other team.

Have a wonderful evening and great day tomorrow.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Marty's bunny slippers. They are Dearfoam with kids earmuffs attached. I made them myself.

_3228.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes, this thread exploded lol! I'll do my best to catch up -

Missy, how great Ann was impressed with your feeding station! It is awesome. :clap: And it's so generous of you and Greg to be willing to help others set up their own. I know you are so worried about Sprite but I hope you are feeling a bit better now. And I know you're concerned about the kitties avoiding the feeding station but I feel confident they will still use it, they won't be able to resist the food when they get hungry! Big hugs to you, you are doing an amazing job taking care of these ferals and they are so lucky to have you and Greg in their lives!

Marcy, thanks, I'm feeling better today, I appreciate your support and good thoughts so much! Lol to the sandwiches, yeah, I could see where that would wear thin! Ugh, what a pain you had trouble printing, I hate when things like that happen, it's such a waste of time and so frustrating. I'm so glad you're caught up at work, it must feel great. Yay for Marty coming home tomorrow! I love those bunny slippers, they are just too funny! :lol: I'm impressed you made them yourself lol.

Rainwood, I am very intrigued by your possible bling purchase! :naughty: Yes, a new sparkly would definitely cheer me up; it wouldn't solve all my problems but it would at least distract me from them lol! I'm glad you had a nice weekend with your niece and her family. It's so sad when a parent makes things difficult for her own child by bad-mouthing the other. I suppose some people are so miserable they want to make everyone around them miserable too. I'm so happy they can finally spend time together, I'm sure it means so much to that sweet little girl, and to her father and your niece as well. Wow, that was quite the adventure you had! You must have been exhausted after all of that. I'm sorry it was such a hassle but it will be such a great time-saver for you when you travel. :clap:

Scandinavian, that is just terrible about the foundation, I am so sorry! Sending lots of good thoughts that you get this resolved soon, I know it's very stressful but at least it was discovered before they started the work. I'm doing better today, thanks so much for thinking of me!

Jimmianne, I LOVE your hair! It looks fabulous and I wish I had hair like yours :love: You're beautiful. Good thing you have missy to keep you on track haha! I'm so glad to hear Gypsy's eye is doing better. I'm SO excited about your reset for your asscher! I absolutely love it!

Guess I better call it a night - see you all soon!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have to say, those slippers made my morning. Marcy, you and Marty have so much fun together. I love you as a couple!
Darn that 4 letter maximum! A travesty for CURBY!

Rainwood, I really have lost control of the details of this thread. We are getting new bling?!?! I WIll
have to re-enter the jungle that is NIRDI. I think there is a rule here somewhere that says at least one of us has to be on a bling hunt at any given time. Tag, you're it!

June, thank you for the support. The ring is so unlike "me" with the onyx. I commend you on catching up with the thread. More power to you : )

Missy, I agree. Your feeding station is a well-thought-out invention and how great that you can share it with the world to benefit kitties.
You and Greg are certainly doing your part to make the world better for them. Any word on Sprite this morning?

I am still on the fence about France and the fluctuating prices don't help. On Tuesday the plane ticket was 1100, on Wed. it was 1352 but literally while I was making my reservation it went up to 1412 so I didn't buy the ticket because I was annoyed. I told my house sitter I would decide on my dates by today.

Yes, we are all beautiful. I love the word "goddess" because it makes it so easy to remember that feeling of empowerment that comes from knowing one is a beautiful, wonderful person and letting that light shine. Hugs to my NIRDI goddesses! :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made my reservation. a journey of a thousand miles [well 4500 in this case] begins with one step! whew!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, LOVE those bunny slippers. I want a pair of kitty slippers now. You are very talented!
Now you need to make teddy bear slippers so your bears won't get jealous. :cheeky:
Yay for Marty's arrival home today and yay for leaving work on time yesterday and yay for no snow in the forecast. Things are looking up. :appl:

Rainwood, if you are in the mood please share your bling thoughts. You know we will share our honest opinions and perhaps help you decide. And as Jimmianne said-tag, you're it. 8)

Jimmianne, woohoo, congrats on moving forward and buying your ticket to France. :appl:

Sprite and Sammy (if that is indeed who Ann has) are doing OK according to Ann. Eating and not swiping or hissing at her. She has gotten all the cats she can this go around so unfortunately Squirt and Fresca and Dr Pepper are not going to be trapped this time. I wish she had them all so we didn't need to do this again. I am not sure how it works because once they are released we are going to have to remove food again and put the traps out again and well not sure what Sprite and Sammy will do. I mean will Squirt, Fresca and Dr Pepper go into the traps with Sprite and Sammy avoiding them? Anyway it hurts my head thinking about it and the vet appointment for Sammy and Sprite is not till April 29th so that feels far away right now with the kitties being in a cage/carrier/IDK but we know they are not roaming free. OK got that off my chest and focusing on the fact they are hopefully safe and will be neutered soon and not have babies and increase the feral kitty population.

How is Gypsy doing this morning?

Junie, so glad you are feeling better! What's going on with you this week? In just another 4 or so weeks your long holiday weekend trip to your beach house woohoo!

LLJsmom, glad you are (almost) done with all your heavy lifting re work and I am with you on going gray. I caved 5 months into going gray and did a temporary color with Tuey but it is almost all gone and I think I am going to try going gray again. Going natural is empowering and phooey to any rude individuals who criticize us for doing so. My mom never colored her hair and she is just fine the way she is! Aging gracefully and never doing anything to try stopping or fighting the process. Not judging anyone who does but also appreciate when others don't judge our decisions not to do anything.

Are you planning on running the NYC marathon this year?

My day yesterday was full of things I would have rather it wasn't lol.
I had another toenail procedure yesterday that was much more aggressive. My podiatrist girlfriend felt she had to remove both sides of the left toenail as she thought they were impinging on my toe but now my toe is angry looking and red and I am diligently soaking in hibiclens and applying antibiotic ointment and hoping fervently it does not become infected. It hurts and I am so ready for this to be over with already. Seems like I have been struggling with my big toe on the left foot (where I have the leg plates) for a long while now. If it becomes infected I am screwed.

Greg is bringing Fred and Bobby in to see my sister this morning so fingers crossed they are both OK. Fred has definitely lost weight because he feels so much lighter to me now. :blackeye: Bobby seems OK but we will see what the liver enzymes are doing once she takes his blood today and gets the results back.

Off to work soon and just want to say have a great day girls. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:
Sorry to have missed posting this morning. The stupid foundation :wall: for our house is taking all my energy. I had a nice time reading your posts though whilst drinking my morning coffee :) I promise to do better tomorrow. At least they have been here to prepare for the concrete which is coming tomorrow. I cross my fingers but will not hold my breath..
Bought (ordered) a new bed yesterday on the way home from work. Will tell you about it tomorrow.

Missy, any updates on your DBs? I have started to worry about your feral cats too now. Hope they don't have any babies or we will have more worries. Have you seen them on the security video?

Jimmianne, how is your sweet horse? I do hope her eye is better! Sounds like you are taking really good care of her!

I'm not able to be positive today, so Marcy, June, Rainwood and all the rest of you - I'm thinking good thoughts your way - and forgive me for being too preoccupied with being :wall: :angryfire: :devil: :twisted: :evil: :devil: :wall: :angryfire: :wall: :evil: :evil: - You get the idea..

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian, I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much aggravation and stress - I totally get how something like this could really affect your spirits. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and I hope it all gets taken care of and you're back on track soon. Hang in there, it's completely understandable that you are preoccupied with this issue and please know we are here for you!

Missy, thanks for the updates on Squirt and (possibly?) Sammy - I've been thinking about them and so glad to hear they seem to be doing well. I totally get how nerve-wracking this all is but try your best to take things one day at a time - I know, much easier said than done. I'm hoping that the rest of the soda gang can be trapped eventually but some of this just can't be controlled, those kitties are going to do what they do - and you and Ann are doing all you can.

Also keeping Fred and Bobby in my thoughts, and hoping for good news about their check-ups.

Sorry about your nail issue too - sounds like you're doing all the right things to avoid infection. Sending good thoughts that it heals up well with no problems.

Jimmianne, congrats on making the reservations! Wow, crazy how the price fluctuated. I really love the onyx, I just think it is different and unique as well a beautiful - and it creates such a lovely contrast with the diamond.

Just wanted to check in quickly, will be back later!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a quick check-in for me too. I had to laugh about the typo in my last post, probably due to wishful thinking. I'm going off dairy for 2 weeks as well as wheat, and I threw in peanuts as well as I seem to be having a bit of an allergic reaction to those lately - not anaphylactic shock but definitely a bit of my kind of allergic reaction if I eat too much peanut butter which I love. It's easier to go gluten-free now as I was mostly doing it anyway, and when I see something with gluten, I just decide it's not worth fouling up the test period to eat it.

Dairy will be harder. I realized I was lactose-intolerant awhile ago (didn't use to be), but wondered if I might be allergic to casein, the milk protein, as well because I wasn't improving as much as I'd hoped going GF. It makes some sense on both because I was tested as being allergic to both when I was a kid. I'd gotten around the lactose issue by doing lactose-free milk and yogurt, and keeping the other dairy to low-lactose types. That made the gastrointestinal issues go away, but I'm still showing food sensitivity symptoms so I need to keep searching for the culprit(s). I don't really like any of the non-dairy milks and I miss having my morning latte. But I can do it for 2 weeks and see if things improve. I'd really like if this were different, partly because I hate being trendy even if unintentionally so, and partly because I really love the foods I'm giving up. Gah, enough about me and my food issues, I'm even boring myself!

On the bling front, I've been thinking for awhile about getting something that is kind of an "I'll be okay" symbol, something that signals my new life. I'd already decided it needed to be a ring so I can look at it frequently as a reminder, and I wanted it to be a statement piece as in big. And I'm really more of a solitaire girl than a five stone or eternity ring person so it would be a solitaire. And I've found out the hard way that wearing my wedding set on my right hand causes the stone to get knocked around a lot more than when I wear it on my left because I'm right-handed and somewhat clutzy. So I'd be buying a solitaire that I'd wear on my left hand. That probably seems a bit weird to some, but it's really the only thing I'd want to do and I'm not looking for another relationship so if it scared someone off, so be it. And at first I wanted an MRB, then cushion or squarish, then realized that's not the right look for my hands, and went back to round. And I know the stone but don't want to identify it here in case someone sees it and snaps it up. It would be a fair amount of money. I can afford it, but I'm not sure I can justify it, even to me. I have a perfectly beautiful 1.5 solitaire in a setting I had custom made and I still love it. Getting another ring just seems frivolous, self-indulgent, and maybe the wrong solution to the problem. And I can't quite get over those feelings enough to buy it, but would be sad if someone else purchased what I think of as my stone (usually I'm relieved when the one I'm thinking of disappears). So that's my dilemma. Feel free to weigh in.

I've rambled on more than I have time for and need to leave, but will get back to all of you as I don't want my posts to be all about me.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out all day and just popping in for a quick read before a VERY late lunch.
Rainwood, i love the way you think. I'm glad you took time to write it all down.
more later!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Killer is getting close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1461278705.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I am glad you are feeling better. When Marty started his current job he kept joking he was going to wear flannel pants, t-shirts and bunny slippers to work so naturally I made him a pair of bunny slippers. It was a challenge cutting the headband off the earmuffs but after that it was easy sewing the rabbit heads on top of the slippers. I’ve had to sew the bunnies back on a few times but they are holding up well.

Jimmianne, well at least Marty and I are easily amused. I guess we should move to a state that allows 5 letters on their plates just so I could get CURBY. Too funny at least one of us NIRDIs has to be on a bling hunt at all time. I think we all take that role seriously. Woo hoo for making your reservations. Isn’t is crazy how prices can fluctuate? I hope you got a good deal.

Missy, you should have kitty slippers and I should have bear slippers. We could start an ESTY store and make bigs bucks. That would have been nice is Ann could have taken the entire soda gang in at once; but hopefully it all works out for the kitties. Sorry to hear your toes are angry and sore - I hope they feel better soon. How did Bobby and Fred do at their appointment?

Scandinavian, I’ve been thinking of you about your foundation. I hope they get it fixed without more issues. Yea for a new bed.

Rainwood, rats for the typo on dairy products. That would be me and chicken. I can’t eat it but want it all the time. It sounds like you have lots of food problems and I know how much fun that can be - I feel like I am allergic to the universe. I can take gastrocrom for food allergies but it raises my blood pressure so rarely take it. I think if you want a solitaire to wear on your left hand that is perfectly fine. I think you’d love it!

Marty is almost here. I love the stalking app.

Marcy / Curby

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello :wavey:

You girls are the best! Thank you for all your support! It helps to have a "friendly face" to keep my coffee company in the morning :)

The contractors are at the house now, rigging up. Fingers crossed all goes well.

LLJsmom, I sure hope they fix it too.. And I'm not paying the bill even if they send it to me, lol. :halo: :devil: :halo:

Missy, I just cant get over the view from your beach house! I would have stayed an extra day always, lol. :love:

Marcy, my little fur baby simply does not like to eat at all.. She likes wild game (birds, elk, reindeer etc) but her stomach cant handle it very well, so it only results in me getting up too many times at night to take her outside.. :wall: So she eats dog food (Royal Canine 4800) especially made for working dogs (hunting, sled dogs etc). At least it keeps her healthy, if not happy and fat :angel: She would have liked living with you and Marty, lots of good food :)

Marcy, the bunny slippers are just too cute!!

Missy, the feeding station is pure genius! Please tell Greg :)

Rainwood, bling is always a good thing! I like bling to represent something - a happy memory, life lessons etc. That way the important stuff is easier to remember :halo: I think some new bling could be a really nice idea. As long as you can afford it, I think it is nice to remember that you really do deserve it! You have been through a lot! And you still keep your head up high and get through each day and that is worth some bling to remind yourself how amazing and strong you are!!

Jimmianne, that hair (and face!) sure screams goddess :) I think it was a really good hair cut. I try to cut mine every now and then too, because if it gets too long, it also gets VERY flat.. You don't have that issue, obviously, but I still think the new cut really shows off your thick hair in a good way :)

I have left my phone at home today. Not a good day for it. The construction work is - apparently - a bit of a chaos today. Got an email from my dad.. But at least he is there now to play angry-me so I hope that will improve the work.

June, you are too kind. I appreciate your kind words :) :angel:

Jimmianne, glad you got the flight reservation! I think you will have a good time and a lot of fun :) It is France, after all.. :) :appl:

Missy, I don't get the whole cat thing.. Why is Ann not able to take more cats? Especially if you are the one doing the paying? And why do they have to wait so long for an appointment with the vet? (I am blond, I know...) It annoys me. Not the blond part, the "I want all the cats to be ok right now" part. You are doing such an amazing job for them, and I think you deserve a little halo - perhaps you should put one on your wish list for Santa? In diamonds, preferably... :angel: :lol:

Missy, thinking about your toenail. It sounds painful. I really hope it is better today!

Rainwood, I'm intolerant to gluten and my system is not too fond of lactose either. The doctors say that the lactose intolerance is due to the gluten - the gluten has irritated my system for a while before I knew that I was intolerant. So even if I don't test positive to lactose intolerance, I still get a bit unwell if I have too much of it, as the lactose is hard for the body to digest. So in my personal opinion, gluten and lactose is a horrible thing - but then again I'm not exactly impartial, LOL. (My body is sensitive - so I always tell people that I'm allergic, not intolerant, as even a really small residue (think like some are with peanuts) makes me sooooo not well (9 months pregnant in 30 min flat - quite the achievement). To the point: If you are sensitive, the "lactose free" is not really free from lactose, at least here it only means that it is reduced. So I would say to stick with the plan!

Marcy, a few of our friends have the stalking app. The girls tend to like it more than the boys, lol. One of them is a doctor, and when there were really interesting cases at the hospital, he would sometimes stay a bit longer. And then call from the car and blame traffic. Now he only accomplishes getting yelled at for driving too fast, LOL LOL.

All my best! S

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the stalking app :lol:
Indeed a necessity with a man carrying a rabbit.

I am reading two books this week:
the first has a corny title but it's an inspiring read...Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza,
and the Upanishads introduced by Eknath Easwaran.
Both have to do with living in a higher state of consciousness.
The first was recommended by my best friend, and the second by my cleaning person I am finding them helpful in rising above fears and living more consciously.

I OKed the final CAD yesterday with Tony and in a few weeks...ta da!!
So I feel my obligation to the NIRDIs is fulfilled for MAY. lol

Rainwood I love solitaires. I love falling in love with a diamond. I wear mine on both hands [drive a stick shift] but my friend say not to do that because all the wonderful men will think I'm engaged. haha

I like the symbolism behind your next acquisition. Our rings mean so much more than "I have this beautiful thing - SEE?!".
My asscher is my travel companion. Lovely for me to look at when alone - it uplifts my spirit and it is pretty, but does not shout money, so I can wear it when travelling alone. It has been to France with me twice and is my French Ring - and incorporates the idea [to me] of a compass. ie, guide. and also a little spaceship : )

Here is the thing. You can afford it. OK that is the big hurdle. Justifying is, I think, just a matter of - - - why not, life is short, you deserve to have what you want, to have pleasure in materials things, etc. etc. If it lifts you up to have and wear that diamond there is no reason why you should not joyfully bring it into your life!

I want to see it! :appl:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Todays picture:

A new bed :) I'm really happy about it. Not so happy that I threw out the old one before ordering a new one - 6 weeks delivery time. My DH is not too happy about that all though he has not actually said anything I can tell.. LOL he does not like sleeping on the spare.. LOL.

http://jensen-beds.com/build-your-bed/prestige/continental/headboard/?material=headboard-textile-431&leg=mistral-bed-stead-oak-14-cm&bedding=bedding&legtype=bed-base&topper=softline-i&headboard=fenix-decor

There is a lot of options, but I tried to replicate it for you based on my memory.. LOL. Obviously I'm still blond, so I'm not able to copy paste a picture for you directly. But I hope you like it. The quality is supposed to be really good. And we chose the "very firm" option as my DH prefers that and I don't really care :) So I hope (hope hope) that it will be a good investment. I could have bought some nice bling for that price... :Up_to_something:

- S

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, From one goddess to another : )
yay about the new bed! It is a beautiful island.
I love your taste in decor and furnishings.

I have always found that a good psychiatrist is essential to a successful construction project :lol:
but you have US instead, so you know it will be OK!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Happy Earth Day!

Junie, Hi there! How is the rest of your week going? Any weekend plans? It is supposed to be a relatively nice weekend though I don't think we are going to the beach house at all. It is Passover and we are spending time with my parents and nieces and sister on Saturday and Sunday looks like a cool day so not worth making the trip to bike ride just for a few hours.

How is your mom doing? Any further in finding help?

Rainwood, I love your bling thoughts and think a beautiful solitaire is the perfect purchase. Who cares what anyone else thinks. You should get what your heart desires and the fact that you would be sad if it sold is very telling.

I gave up dairy almost completely and though I too love dairy it wasn't that hard. It is amazing what one can give up when it really helps you feel better. Going cold turkey was the best way for me. That's how I gave up bread and other delicious food and I never look back. Not saying I don't cheat once in a blue moon but in general I don't miss it because not feeling well is much worse than giving up some of the stuff you love eating. There's always other good things to eat to take its place Good luck.

How is your knee? How is acupuncture working out?

Scandinavian love your new bed. I am hoping your foundation issues are being fixed as we speak and that things are improving on the renovation/building front. Yes I share your frustration re the feral kitties but this is how Ann does it. She had to make an appointment ahead of time and only gets 6 slots at a time. She made it far ahead as she never knows how easy it will be to trap 6 cats so she is conservative in her appointment date. Of course I am agonizing about that and woke up at 4AM unable to go back to sleep thinking about Sprite and Sammy in cages all this time. :cry: :cry: :cry: And the fact that Squirt is on his own for a long while.

We have seen Squirt, Fresca and Dr Pepper on our security camera and they have been eating. Thanks for caring. I am so worried about all of them. I am not cut out for this. I feel weak admitting this but it's the truth. I definitely am letting myself and the kitties down but just managing it the best way I can. :(

Yes it breaks my heart but I don't see a better solution as Ann is the only person who is willing to do this work. She is an angel in that respect but yes I would have done it differently but who am I to criticize as she is doing this out of the goodness of her heart and I am not the one doing it. I have decided I am not cut out for rescue work sadly. I wish I was tougher but I am not so that's that.

If I was rich enough to buy lots of farmland near us and hire a large staff of caring people I still would open up an animal rescue farm but that's different than trapping feral cats neutering them and releasing them back. If I had a farm they would all be safe and could live there happily forever. And of course we would get them all neutered but it wouldn't be like this. And I would have full time veterinarians to care for their medical needs. It's a dream.

Now my dream is just to get the ferals taken care of health wise and release them back and hope they stay and eat at our feeding station and are safe and content. That's my dream for now. One day at a time and I wish I could fast forward to when all this was done already but I can't. Thank you all for thinking of them and continuing to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Still waiting on blood results for Bobby and Fred. I should get them later today. My sister saw them yesterday and gave Bobby another 2 week antibiotic vaccination and gave Fred an anti-inflammatory vaccination and also a little bit of fluids injected as he is dehydrated but she doesn't know why yet. A healthy cat should be able to maintain their moisture level and not get dehydrated so that is a concern. Thank you all for asking and caring.

Hi Marcy, is Marty home safe and sound now? I bet you guys had a lovely reunion and are both glad to be back together. Yes I need kitty slippers and you need bear slippers. Let's get that Etsy store going. :cheeky:
Where is the stalking app? LOL I am so technoigcally challenged and I cannot find it. More info please.

I think being easily amused is a good skill and Greg and I enjoy that trait too. Lucky for us our men get our sense of humor and vice versa. I know especially with me it takes a unique person to get me and my sense of humor. 8-)

Do you have any special weekend plans? I think Marty is only back for a few days and hope you are both enjoying them to the max. And hope he is home for a long while very soon.

Jimmianne, waiting for an update on Gypsy... How is she doing?
Yay on finalizing the CAD. Cannot wait for you to get your beautiful new ring. :appl:

Have a good day girls. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just emailed Ann asking her if Greg and I could get some of the trapped cats she has neutered and vaccinated this Sunday. I asked her if the clinic she uses has Sunday hours and if we could get appointments for the cats she now has trapped because then we would make the trip Sunday get the cats she has and take care of that. This would make room for her trapping more ferals for the April 29th appointment she already has. I am unsure they have Sunday hours and if they do if they would be able to give us appointments for neuter/spay/rabies vaccination/flea and tick treatments on such short notice for multiple cats but fingers crossed because it would be great to get this done earlier so they wouldn't be in cages for so long! Think good thoughts for them girls and thank you. (((HUGS))).

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1461323582|4022382 said:
I just emailed Ann asking her if Greg and I could get some of the trapped cats she has neutered and vaccinated this Sunday. I asked her if the clinic she uses has Sunday hours and if we could get appointments for the cats she now has trapped because then we would make the trip Sunday get the cats she has and take care of that. This would make room for her trapping more ferals for the April 29th appointment she already has. I am unsure they have Sunday hours and if they do if they would be able to give us appointments for neuter/spay/rabies vaccination/flea and tick treatments on such short notice for multiple cats but fingers crossed because it would be great to get this done earlier so they wouldn't be in cages for so long! Think good thoughts for them girls and thank you. (((HUGS))).

Missy, this is a really good idea! I really hope it works out!

Try to picture the kitties in the summer when the sun is nice and warm and their bellies are full and they are stretching out and enjoying the sun like only a cat can do :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1461324997|4022389 said:
missy|1461323582|4022382 said:

Missy, this is a really good idea! I really hope it works out!

Try to picture the kitties in the summer when the sun is nice and warm and their bellies are full and they are stretching out and enjoying the sun like only a cat can do :love:

Sadly it won't work out. Just received a reply back from Ann and she said the clinic is closed Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays and she is helping her mom paint this weekend anyway so she is busy. Not sure why she added the helping her mom paint this weekend as I emailed her Greg and I would take the kitties in to the clinic to get the procedures done early. Oh well. I am disappointed :(( but focusing on the positive. And I will picture the kitties stretching out on our deck enjoying the summer sun. Thanks Scandinavian.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the encouragement on the new bling. If I decide to do something, it will be next week for reasons I will spill later. And thanks for the thoughts on going gluten and dairy-free. I'm 5 days in on both (plus the peanuts) and it's going okay. No cheating and no close calls. I'm trying to stay focused on the possibility of healing, and not look for short-term miracles.

Missy, the one thing you are NOT doing is letting the ferals down. You and Greg have gone above and beyond what anyone else would do. It's not your fault that some people don't care about animals, and abandon them to the wilds. You are doing way more than your fair share. You've persisted with feeding despite people like me telling you not to, and it's worked out really well. And the spay/neuter process is not going as quickly as you want, but it's important to stop the cycle where you can. And I'm so sorry you're still have trouble with your toe. Trimming the nail sounds painful. You're dealing with a lot of health stuff too and that doesn't help. It's bound to make you worry about everything. But I'm sure you'll have a wonderful Passover with your family. I saw gluten-free matzoh at the store yesterday!

Jimmianne, love the new haircut and your willingness to try new things. You're an excellent role model! Still loving the new tractor? And thanks for understanding about the possible new ring. I'm just trying to make sure that the reinforcement I'd get when I looked at it is "Good for you!" instead of "What an idiot!"

Scandinavia, my sympathies on the foundation issue. Construction can be one of the more stressful things anyone can do. Every project we've ever done had something go wrong, and it's good your dad is out there making sure they do what they're supposed to. I work for a construction company and have been in the industry for a long time, and we say that you should judge a contractor on what they do when there's a problem, not when everything is going well. There will always be something and it's how that contractor responds that reveals if they're good. And love the new bed. It looks like a wonderful oasis.

Marcy, I'm so glad Marty is home. And the stalking app is a hoot. It's difficult having a spouse who travels a lot, but you two seem to make it work very, very well.

Junebug, hope you're feeling okay. What you're doing for your mom is admirable. It can turn life upside down which is always disconcerting, and it forces us to face our limitations. You're doing the best you can do, and that's all anyone can ask.

I'm headed to the island on Saturday for a few days. I still kind of dread it without Nina, but I need to get over that. Avoiding the place certainly won't help. I'll go to the farmer's market, maybe check out a movie, and take along one of my fun projects I never seem to get to here.

Have a lovely weekend!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results