Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

Drool! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous bracelet! Looks lovely on your wrist and the motifs are the perfect size. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks so much Junebug, PintoBean, and Snowdrop!!

Snowdrop, too bad we don't live near each other so we could share!!! :bigsmile: The yg really is more beautiful in person than pictures show!

simurgh

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1457471534|4001738 said:

Snowdrop, too bad we don't live near each other so we could share!!! :bigsmile: The yg really is more beautiful in person than pictures show!

I'm late to this party but I think this was the best choice! Via is a slippery slope (like dss) so planning on fututpre matching is a good idea, and it looks lovely.

Ps - i feel like I found my pricescope peeps in this thread!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eeep!!

Good choice DS, the YG colour works marvellously on your skin! It suits but doesn't blend, and YG is a classic colour - dare I say it's the classic VCA colour? - you won't have any trouble mixing and matching with other pieces old and new ::)

Does the stock length work for you out-of-box or did you/will you need it altered?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

simurgh|1457582710|4002387 said:

I'm late to this party but I think this was the best choice! Via is a slippery slope (like dss) so planning on fututpre matching is a good idea, and it looks lovely.

Ps - i feel like I found my pricescope peeps in this thread!

Thank you! And we are always happy to welcome new peeps here! :wavey: :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1457616953|4002638 said:
Eeep!!

Good choice DS, the YG colour works marvellously on your skin! It suits but doesn't blend, and YG is a classic colour - dare I say it's the classic VCA colour? - you won't have any trouble mixing and matching with other pieces old and new ::)

Does the stock length work for you out-of-box or did you/will you need it altered?

Thanks, Yssie! I am SO glad I changed it! I do think the YG was a good decision for VCA for several reasons, but at least partly because I needed some variety and not all white metals in my jewelry box! I remembered FancyDiamond say there was a richness to the YG, and I do agree with that.

I think my wrist is about 6", so the stock 7" seems to be fine. I like them a little loose, but it won't fall off!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1457721061|4003505 said:
Yssie|1457616953|4002638 said:
Eeep!!

Thanks, Yssie! I am SO glad I changed it! I do think the YG was a good decision for VCA for several reasons, but at least partly because I needed some variety and not all white metals in my jewelry box! I remembered FancyDiamond say there was a richness to the YG, and I do agree with that.

I think my wrist is about 6", so the stock 7" seems to be fine. I like them a little loose, but it won't fall off!

:appl:

I agree - rose gold is beautiful, and I thought it looked lovely on you, but I know that ensuring new additions 'fit' well with your other pieces is very important to you, as it is to me! YG is a universally classic colour.

Great that the stock size works well for you too! ::) I hate buying something only to immediately lose it to adjustments!

I'm curious... is the texture in your new Vintage motifs similar to the Sweet motifs, if you remember? They look similar in pictures, but I'm wondering if there's anything that changes with the size difference.

I'm on my last attempt to buy a diamond. If this one falls through too, well, I'm just getting the Perlee and enjoying it :bigsmile: I have a 4ct J VS1 near-H&A reserved and paid for; I'm hoping it's actually available and accessible as it was confirmed to be...

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds like a dream stone, Yssie! It's going to look huge on your tiny fingers! 8) Will you use EW for a matching ER setting?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ohhhhh Yssie!!!!!! I hope the stone materializes and that you love it! Specs sound perfect! :appl:

I would say yes, the design on the two bracelets is the same, but the yg seems to have a brighter finish, but it may just be the color. I have seen an old bracelet like this for sale, and they seem to have improved the shape of the clovers and made them a little shinier..not glossy, but shiny satin kind of finish.

vca_ygvintagealhambrabracelet5_2016-03-12.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m2b That's my Grand Plan! I love Erika's designs and workmanship and I feel so comfortable working with her - I'd love to see what she comes up with for this stone! It won't be for a while though, I've completely blew the budget and then some :eeek:

I'm trying not to get too invested until I have it in-hand next week, just in case it turns out to not be available afterall or something unexpected is wrong with it, but... I'm not really succeeding... ::Snort::

DS I've been bitten by the high clarity bug!! I just love the idea of not seeing anything at all bug clean clear facet, from any angle, at any distance...

It isn't precision-cut. It has excellent hearts and arrows patterns, and a less-rigorous line might label it H&A, but I would consider that false advertising :)) I was seriously considering having a stone precision-cut for me, as nothing was available ready-to-go, but... my favourite proportions are small tables, very high crowns, shallow pavilions, thick mains - proportions that are just too extreme for any of the PS boutique vendors to target for their H&A brands :(sad

I've seen older pieces as well, and I know what you are talking about re. the shape of the motifs: the older motifs seem straighter-sided and longer, the new clovers are chubbier and rounder. I also prefer the beading on the newer design, vs. the older "rope" edging... your observation that your new YG motifs are shinier than your RG sweet is interesting though! I wonder if RG was slightly oxidized, perhaps?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, I adore the EW setting that matches your studs! :love: That is my favorite EW setting! I can't wait to hear what you think of the stone and hope it's "the one"! I think most of us who have been around here can pick great diamonds without them necessarily being "H&A". Of all people, I know YOU can! :appl:

And...yay for high clarity!!! lol!

Yes! You knew exactly what I meant about the old clovers! I am just not sure about the shine on the rose gold. They were smaller, for one thing, and I think the color difference just made them less bright. They probably had the same finish. The pink was beautiful but I think it works better on dark or very pale skin. Mine is just too pink.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh. This is why I don't text - I feel like a baboon reading what I've written!

Thank you DS! I really hope so too, and of course will post ALL the details when I get it!! ::) It'll be a full 1.1mm bigger than my stud stones, which is right about what I think I need at minimum to appreciate a clear difference. I know I said I'm too jaded to fall in love with diamonds at this point but I'm already so much more excited about this stone than I was about the 3.5 K, so... I'm taking it as a good sign :))

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh yes, I have been wondering if 5 motifs+10 motifs would be a good length to wear?! Maybe it would be too heavy?? Hope you are enjoying wearing this lovely piece!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop13|1457863954|4004361 said:

Oh yes, I have been wondering if 5 motifs+10 motifs would be a good length to wear?! Maybe it would be too heavy?? Hope you are enjoying wearing this lovely piece!

No, I don't think it would be too heavy at all! In fact, I'd love 2 tens as I like long necklaces, too! I haven't really had a chance to wear it yet, but I know I will enjoy it! I had to order a bracelet buddy thing to help me get it on by myself!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie. I am so excited to see your stone. Soooooo excited. I hope it will be exactly as your heart desires. :bigsmile:

DS, that yellow gold looks so beautiful on you. Congratulations. How are you liking it? Have you been wearing it?? I have been wearing my cuff more. Still love it. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Y'know how I said I didn't think I could fall for an RB? I was wrong ::) :love: I love everything about this stone!! The size, the mind-clean colour, the spotless clarity... I'm very glad I took PS advice and waited (impatiently) for the right stone :bigsmile:

4.01, J VS1, 56/36.5/40.6/75, just over 10mm, near-H&A. I found the same stone listed on another site day before yesterday - I bought it two weeks ago from BN, but the other site has better photos. I assume it's an old listing that they haven't taken down yet!

image_531.jpg
image_535.jpg

With a 9mm 2.7RB :))
image_537.jpg
image_538.jpg image_539.jpg

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Yssie it's beautiful!!! Love the H&A faceting on it, esp the arrows. It's also a gorgeous colour, and truly a wonderful size. It's going to look amazing on your finger. :love:
So happy you love it!!! :appl:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yessir, that's a stunner! So glad to hear you have found your stone :dance:

Do you have plans on how to set it?

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

I'm so happy you love your new rb, Yssie! :appl: :dance: Is it considered a FIC? What are the depth and star values? Do you have ASET and Idealscope images? ^o^

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you ringcat! I'm super excited :bigsmile: It's gorgeous IRL, and those thick arrows are my favourite part! The proportions are a bit unusual for most PSers I think - much higher crown than most would go for, and proportionally deeper (62.9), but this flavour has been my personal preference for years and I'm so excited to have found a stone like this!!

Snowdrop - me too! ::)
I'd love to have Erika Winters make something, but I'll have to save for a while for it. In this case, given my history of fickleness when it comes to settings... having a good long time to ruminate is probably for the best :bigsmile:

I'll take some better photos this weekend... couldn't resist sharing the iPhone bounty with my friends in this thread right away though :bigmsile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks skhii!

Nope, no light reflector imaging - BN doesn't offer those services. I know I have an IS in some drawer somewhere... I was comfortable buying with BN's return policy and the still face-up I had - fortunately for me MRBs are pretty predictable in terms of the behaviour you can expect from various flavours ::) I honestly couldn't be happier, having seen it!

_1053.png

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad you finally found your holy grail stone, Yssie! :appl:

I really like the difference in size in comparison to your studs. How does it stack up in terms of the J color compared to your studs?

Welcome to the 4ct MRB club! :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

EPIC, Yssie!!!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! BN had the perfect stone for you!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS, Yssie!!!! :love: :love: :love: I can usually tell from the face up pic if there is leakage, and that one seems fine!!! I love it!!! Wise to buy this now while prices are relatively decent. Are you going to set it in a temp setting? I hope so! Too pretty to not wear!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wowza, Yssie! You won't need AC this summer - just look at that GLACIER and you will cool off! :love: :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m2b ::)

Your collection has been my inspiration since you started consolidating a couple of years ago :love: I sold most everything to get this stone and... honestly, I'm thrilled to be left only with my studs, this beauty, and a small handful of other pieces! The only piece I truly miss and plan to re-create is my Uprong eternity with lower-coloured stones.

I'm completely, totally, utterly, wholly thrilled. Had anyone asked me a year ago if I thought I'd have a stone like this I'd have said "so not going to happen!!" without hesitation, but... yeah, I'm feeling very very lucky today :

Cheers Rose, Laila!! :bigsmile:

DS - Yup! I know what you mean - I'm very comfortable buying MRBs with missing chunks of the info we normally recommend in RT too. The relatively small table reflection for the size of the table was my first tipoff that this one's fine despite the crown - and it is fine IRL, no over-leakage or over-obstruction face-up or at slight tilt ::) So much easier than fancies!! :

I probably will wind up putting it in a temp but I'd love to hold off if possible... We'll see I guess! :cry:

:sun: pinto ::) another reason to be glad I got it in before summer! :bigsmile:

A quick couple in the holder thingy they sent :sun: And then I promise to leave off the iPhone snaps! ::)

image_541.jpg
image_543.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is cruel, Yssie. You can't just post a couple of shots, then say, oh, I'm gonna leave off the iphone snaps. I demand MORE DIAMOND ****!!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1457732601|4003614 said:
I'm on my last attempt to buy a diamond. If this one falls through too, well, I'm just getting the Perlee and enjoying it :bigsmile: I have a 4ct J VS1 near-H&A reserved and paid for; I'm hoping it's actually available and accessible as it was confirmed to be...

WHAAAAAATTTTTT?????!!!!!! :-o :-o :-o :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh my GAWD!! I'm dying over here!! 8) 8) 8) More pics!! MORE PICS!!! 8) 8) 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results