shape
carat
color
clarity

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL !!!! 2010 - 2011

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
Howdy Boys & Girls .... I'm baaaaaaaack !!!! Some of you might remember my old football threads from years past. It's that time of year once again when life is a happy place. :bigsmile:

Super excited about this season with new rules and players changing sides.

This is the place to post your pictures, experiences, and any thoughts about football that come to mind. Please feel free to include Pee Wee, High School, College and of course the NFL !!!

I've done one Fantasy Football Draft so far. Still have about 3 more to go. Anyone doing Fantasy this year ??

We will be attending every Texans home game this year as we have season tickets and of course Tailgating !!! Anyone here Tailgate ??

I have loads of stories and pictures to share so everyone please do the same.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
OMG COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the University of Michigan and marched in the marching band there for four years. Football is pretty much my life. I'm really excited for this season and hoping that Michigan can get back to where it needs to be...even if that means keeping Rich Rodriguez. :shock:

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh wow ... that must have been awesome !!! College Football games are soooo much fun. Who's your favorite NFL team ??

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Denise222 said:
Oh wow ... that must have been awesome !!! College Football games are soooo much fun. Who's your favorite NFL team ??

I'm a Browns fan by birth...but I'm more about rooting AGAINST the Steelers and the Ravens than *for* any team!!!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um said:
Denise222 said:

I'm a Browns fan by birth...but I'm more about rooting AGAINST the Steelers and the Ravens than *for* any team!!!

Root against the Ravens all you want, it's gonna be a great season in Baltimore! I'm going to four games and can't wait!!

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow.... I was dying to take my lunch and get in here!!! I loooove me some football!!! My alma mater, Marshall University, is playing my beloved Buckeyes tonight!! WOOOHOOOO!!! :appl: I was born and reared in OH-IO so I'll be cheering for my BUCKS tonight. Although, I'll probably be wearing one of the gazillion Marshall t-shirts I still sport proudly! :naughty:

Anywho, I reallllly can't wait to see #4 take the Vikings all the way to the Super Bowl this year on the NFL scene. :loopy: I'm also interested to see T.O. take my Bengals pretty far this year too. It's going to be SUPER exciting and life will grand!!

Cheers to football and fall! I love it!

:wavey:

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!! Love me some college football!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
YIPPEEE for College and NFL fooseball!!!!! :appl:

NCAA - GOOOOOO Gators (Doodle, woohoo for some SEC love)!!!

I was born and raised in Florida and have got nothing but love for the Gators (hence the screen name). It sucks being in ACC land b/c they just don't understand but I plan on going to two Gator games this year, so I can't WAIT! :mrgreen:

NFL - Go Titans and Dolphins!!!

Fl girl again, and my DH is from TN, so I cheer those guys on.

I am also doing a fantasy league this year and the draft is on Monday. Time to research... :naughty:

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
Well vc10um are you happy about getting Colt McCoy ?? And being in Fantasy football you find yourself not "hating" any other teams. It totally changes everything :o Altough I love giving Jamie a hard time about being an Eagles fan ... TEE HEE.

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
I actually tried to get the Ravens for my defense for my first FF draft but ended up with the Cowboys. I did do some research in going to my BF's Fantasy Drafts but didn't get into the draft room in time to get my picks !!! I was soooooooooooooooo disappointed. Last year I had Drew Brees and Peyton Manning as my QB's and the rest of my players were in the playoffs or in the Super Bowl. I did AWESOME for my first time drafting !!! :naughty:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Princess said:
Wow.... I was dying to take my lunch and get in here!!! I loooove me some football!!! My alma mater, Marshall University, is playing my beloved Buckeyes tonight!! WOOOHOOOO!!! :appl: I was born and reared in OH-IO so I'll be cheering for my BUCKS tonight. Although, I'll probably be wearing one of the gazillion Marshall t-shirts I still sport proudly! :naughty:

Anywho, I reallllly can't wait to see #4 take the Vikings all the way to the Super Bowl this year on the NFL scene. :loopy: I'm also interested to see T.O. take my Bengals pretty far this year too. It's going to be SUPER exciting and life will grand!!

Oh man, Bucks AND Bengals?!?!? Diamond Princess, you and I are going to have *WORDS*!!! :cheeky:

As for you, stephbolt, I thought you had better taste than that! :nono: The Ravens??? Really?!? ;))

As for Colt McCoy...I'm cool with Texas, so it's all good!

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
vc10um- I had no idea that we were rivals!! I honestly can't get myself to type that "M" word being a Buckeye fan and all! :naughty: We will just have to let the scores talk for themselves!! :bigsmile:

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
OH MY GOD Sillyberry. I LOVE that !!! Jamie over here (Diamond Princess) no likey that. So I thank you for that. :lol:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
RAVENS!!!! I'm from Maryland, so of course I root for them! Totally dislike the Steelers! My husband likes the Eagles so I don't mind watching them either. But he's a HUGE University of Michigan fan! Tomorrow is College Colors Day! I'll be wearing my blue and maize! :bigsmile:

The last two years I have been getting into football.

I'm actually excited this year for football instead of dreading it.. weird.. huh?

I'm a Vikings fan. It's almost embarrassing to say that. :twisted: :lol: :oops:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Missy0483 said:
RAVENS!!!! I'm from Maryland, so of course I root for them! Totally dislike the Steelers! My husband likes the Eagles so I don't mind watching them either. But he's a HUGE University of Michigan fan! Tomorrow is College Colors Day! I'll be wearing my blue and maize! :bigsmile:

Missy, my fellow Ravens fan! I'm in a Ravens/Eagles marriage as well. Makes for some hard days when they are both playing at the same time and we are trying to watch both games. We live up in Philly but have Sunday Ticket so I can get all the Baltimore games.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Princess said:

I too am a Marshall alum - but I'm a West Virginia Mountaineer fan. I'm cheering for Marshall tonight. Though they don't have much of a chance, I would love for the Herd to make a good showing with their new coach Doc Holliday.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
doodle said:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!! Love me some college football!

Sic EM!, and also Go Tigers, and Go Jackets! My life is very conflicted during college football season.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Nooooo, not the jackets! I can deal with Auburn, but I became a Georgia fan in the first place primarily to piss off my Tech-obsessed father, so blech to Tech! :cheeky: Seriously though, what I don't understand--when the mascot's this cute, how is EVERYONE not a UGA fan?! uga71.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
stephb0lt said:
Missy0483 said:

Missy, my fellow Ravens fan! I'm in a Ravens/Eagles marriage as well. Makes for some hard days when they are both playing at the same time and we are trying to watch both games. We live up in Philly but have Sunday Ticket so I can get all the Baltimore games.

Steph, that's funny that we're both in a Ravens/Eagles marriage! We live in PA also, but closer to the PA/MD line. I just starting getting into football, so some stuff still confuses me!! I try to watch by myself so my husband doesn't have to hear all my stupid questions! :tongue:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
OMFG FOOOOOOTTTBAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be my first year seriously watching NFL as I'll be rooting on Tebow and several other FL players from this past team. AND COLLEGE YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For NFL I'll officially be a Bronco, but will be watching everything. College, I'm all about Gators (DUH) but plan to watch as many games as I can. AAAAHHH football!!!!!!!!!! Craziness, jumping around, food, beer, tailgating, cooking out. I LOVE FALL!

Denise - THANK YOU for starting this

DC - YOURE A GATOR TOO?????????????????????????

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
OMFG FOOOOOOTTTBAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be my first year seriously watching NFL as I'll be rooting on Tebow and several other FL players from this past team. AND COLLEGE YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For NFL I'll officially be a Bronco, but will be watching everything. College, I'm all about Gators (DUH) but plan to watch as many games as I can. AAAAHHH football!!!!!!!!!! Craziness, jumping around, food, beer, tailgating, cooking out. I LOVE FALL!

DC - YOURE A GATOR TOO?????????????????????????

But of COURSE, hence the name, hehe :rodent:

I got my bachelors and my masters at UF and I was even a Cicerone :bigsmile: . How about you, I take it you were there for Tebow-mania? Sadly, I missed that part of UF's history, but I loved Gator football all the same :appl: Are you in CO, b/c if so I am super jealous!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I was born and raised here. I'm currently at SFC then will transfer to UF. I had dropped school itself for about two years, I needed some grow up time I think. Anyways, Yes I have been here for all of Tebow mania. I am SO GLAD I got to be here and experience that team together, not just him, but all of them, Harvin and the Pouncy twins (who my cousin went to school with) and Moody and all of them, they were just such a great team together. Both championships we were downtown going wild with everyone. I got to go watch Tebow play several times, including his last official home game. It was an emotional day.

What was your degree in if I might ask? Just wondering how the program was. I'll be bouncing between ag and I guess "health" of some sort. I'll have to do all pre-med related things, as well as a lot of botany and agricultural related things. I'm doing Nutrition and food sciences, so it requires dabbling in both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results