Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

PS Admin said:
bean said:
PS Admin said:
bean said:
One thing I've noticed that isn't a huge deal but a little annoying is that when I click on FORUM and then try to find a sub-forum, that specific sub-forum will highlight but when I click on it, nothing happens. So, I move the cursor a few pixels towards the middle of the highlighted portion and it will go then. I think the "hot" area of the highlighted portion might be a little too small... or don't have the sub-forum light up until it will actually direct you where you want to go. Does that make sense how I described it?

Hi Bean,

Do you mean on the mouse over menu or on thr Forum main page?

Mouse over menu. On the forum page, the section lights up with a cursor (for the ability to copy and paste) and turns into the hand pointer when I click on the sub-forum I want to go to. But, on the mouse over menu, if I go to the Forum tab (but don't click on it) and pull down to Pearls for example, the sub-forum lights up to the lighter blue, but sometimes it won't go to that sub-forum until I move the mouse closer to the middle of the text and then it goes. It really depends on where you click. It happens probably 2-3 times a day if I'm logged in.

Hi Bean,

Will look into it. Thanks for the information.

We made a small change let us know if we got it right.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

the Font colour feature don't work.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Dancing Fire said:

oops :) Will get it fixed.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

The threads are all compressed again on the subforum pages and it is really hard to read...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D said:
The threads are all compressed again on the subforum pages and it is really hard to read...

I noticed that too. I thought it was just my computer.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PS Admin said:
Dancing Fire said:

oops :) Will get it fixed.
still not working for me... ::)

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin said:
Regular Guy said:
Hi guys.

So, I am only now starting to slog through these now 15 or so pages of troubleshooting items.

Only on page 5 (so far) have I seen a page which brings back enough features from the old advanced search ( search.php ) that I could actually find something. But, I think I could only find it again by going to page 5 of the trouble shooting items. Is it on the board otherwise, and I'm not seeing it?

Also, you DO have to be a dedicated user to be willing to go through these 15 pages. I guess you'll eventually just get to everything, which will obviate this whole section in the first place. But, meanwhile, really, consider making a temporary "best of troubleshooting," or something. Some more casual users will just be satisfied to be irritated, and not go through all these pages.

Best,

Ira, Good point. It is on my list.

Just have not gotten to it.
Hopefully in a few days. :)

Andrey,

Can you advise if your plans have changed since you replied to me about the search functionality at the end of July? At that time, you thought you would integrate it in a few days.

In the last week, I noticed this functionality being pointed to in the Prosumer guidelines, here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rockytalky-prosumer-guidelines.145983/

But, after noting this in the latter part of last week, and pointing it out in the trade participation thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/trade-participation-on-pricescope.149926/

I see these guidelines have been re-written to no longer reference searching the archives as intended functionality.

Understanding your current thinking about Pricescope readers ability to search would be helpful. I do see the functionality is available with the special search page, but seemingly...really only with this special page, in any practical way.

Thanks in advance.

Ira Z.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

When adding links to pages, as you (obviously) know it requires that you use the URL button. But no one is doing that! Instead people are understandably just pasting the link, which automatically adds a forward slash to the end. This breaks the link, directing it back to the knowledge page.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-forum-troubleshooting-please-post-questions-and-answers.145981///
vs
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ing-please-post-questions-and-answers.145981/

Is there any way to change this requirement that you must insert the link in the URL tabs? I generally do it anyway, because I like the look of smart links, but it would save a lot of irritation if it wasn't required.

Thanks!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Regular Guy said:
PS Admin said:
Regular Guy said:
Hi guys.

So, I am only now starting to slog through these now 15 or so pages of troubleshooting items.

Only on page 5 (so far) have I seen a page which brings back enough features from the old advanced search ( search.php ) that I could actually find something. But, I think I could only find it again by going to page 5 of the trouble shooting items. Is it on the board otherwise, and I'm not seeing it?

Also, you DO have to be a dedicated user to be willing to go through these 15 pages. I guess you'll eventually just get to everything, which will obviate this whole section in the first place. But, meanwhile, really, consider making a temporary "best of troubleshooting," or something. Some more casual users will just be satisfied to be irritated, and not go through all these pages.

Best,

Ira, Good point. It is on my list.

Just have not gotten to it.
Hopefully in a few days. :)

Andrey,

Can you advise if your plans have changed since you replied to me about the search functionality at the end of July? At that time, you thought you would integrate it in a few days.

In the last week, I noticed this functionality being pointed to in the Prosumer guidelines, here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rockytalky-prosumer-guidelines.145983/

But, after noting this in the latter part of last week, and pointing it out in the trade participation thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/trade-participation-on-pricescope.149926/

I see these guidelines have been re-written to no longer reference searching the archives as intended functionality.

Understanding your current thinking about Pricescope readers ability to search would be helpful. I do see the functionality is available with the special search page, but seemingly...really only with this special page, in any practical way.

Thanks in advance.

Ira Z.

Hi Ira,

The search engine appears to have a glitch and we are evaluating different options to have it improved.

This is not something easy so this may take some time. Search is very important since Pricescope has so much information on the forum and its knowledge base that can be helpful to all.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

sillyberry said:
When adding links to pages, as you (obviously) know it requires that you use the URL button. But no one is doing that! Instead people are understandably just pasting the link, which automatically adds a forward slash to the end. This breaks the link, directing it back to the knowledge page.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-forum-troubleshooting-please-post-questions-and-answers.145981////
vs
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ing-please-post-questions-and-answers.145981/

Is there any way to change this requirement that you must insert the link in the URL tabs? I generally do it anyway, because I like the look of smart links, but it would save a lot of irritation if it wasn't required.

Thanks!

Thanks for catching that, It is on the list to look into.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

gemgirl said:
Dreamer_D said:

Not your PC just a glitch on our side. Hopefully we can cleanup this week.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

PS Admin said:
gemgirl said:
Dreamer_D said:

Not your PC just a glitch on our side. Hopefully we can cleanup this week.

We fixed the compression and the colors.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I like the spacing now! not too squished together but not so spread out. :appl: :appl:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

slg47 said:
I like the spacing now! not too squished together but not so spread out. :appl: :appl:

Thanks

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Yup, looks great!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

PS Admin said:
sillyberry said:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-forum-troubleshooting-please-post-questions-and-answers.145981////']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-forum-troubleshooting-please-post-questions-and-answers.145981////[/URL]
vs

Thanks!

Thanks for catching that, It is on the list to look into.

This is fixed now.

The last few posts I've tried to make- I hit submit and it goes into preview mode. I hit submit again and it says "you can't make a post so close to your last"... it won't let me out of preview mode but once I X out and get back into the page my post is there.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

copy and drag the "emoticons" doesn't work on my computer... :(sad

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

For whatever reason, on the stickied universal threads (this one, the prosumer announcement, and the trade participation one), hitting the button to go to the newest unread post takes me to the very last post (regardless of where I left off).

It isn't a big deal, and it doesn't happen normally, but I wanted to pass that along.

Thanks for all your hard work - I really respect the job you're doing on this forum!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

sillyberry said:
For whatever reason, on the stickied universal threads (this one, the prosumer announcement, and the trade participation one), hitting the button to go to the newest unread post takes me to the very last post (regardless of where I left off).

It isn't a big deal, and it doesn't happen normally, but I wanted to pass that along.

Thanks for all your hard work - I really respect the job you're doing on this forum!

Hi Sillyberry and everyone.

Thank you for your continued help in letting us know.

We hope to get to everything eventually and thank you for your patience,

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Everytime I hit the submit (a post) button for some reason the page needs to refresh 3 times until I can see my post??
It used to work fine.

Also with the new Diamond Research forum.
I see it on the menu (right after pearls) of my iPhone but it doesnt exist on my IE on my laptop.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock

Something is wrong with the search and database display these posts(found from search) were not made in 1969.
1969bug.png

1969bug.png

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
URL Link Bugs and Put Back Functionality

Past pricescope had a button where you could enter the url in a box and enter the description and it would create the link in the message.

This should be added back for URLs in PS2.0.

AlsoIn threads when quoting URL links are truncated or the hyperlink is cutoff so as to make it unuseable please fix this.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock

When adding images with the IMG button they are added at the end of the message not where the cursor is.
When writing a post with several images in between text one has to go to the bottom and cut and paste to the correct spot.

The IMG button should post the link to the image at the spot of the cursor not at the bottom of the post.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I don't know if this is a PS problem; perhaps if it isn't you would let me know? :))

So for the past 2 days I can't access PS on my mobile. One of two things happen. Either the page downloads as a blank page with nothing at all on it. Or it downloads the PS header but not any other icons - no forum, resources etc buttons and nothing below the header.

It is a problem with my phone? Nokia E72.

Thanks,

ETA: I can use all other forums as normal, it is just PS that does this.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

When I press the down arrow on my keyboard [instead of scrolling with the mouse], it shoots me down to the bottom of the page. My up arrow doesn't work at all. This only happens on PS.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Steal said:
I don't know if this is a PS problem; perhaps if it isn't you would let me know? :))

So for the past 2 days I can't access PS on my mobile. One of two things happen. Either the page downloads as a blank page with nothing at all on it. Or it downloads the PS header but not any other icons - no forum, resources etc buttons and nothing below the header.

It is a problem with my phone? Nokia E72.

Thanks,

ETA: I can use all other forums as normal, it is just PS that does this.

....whine.....

Any thoughts on this before I start accusing my mobile phone co. of all sorts of shenanigans?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

Steal, I just opened PS on my Blackberry Curve and it loaded perfectly fine. Probably not the answer you were hoping for. :))

Steel

Ideal_Rock

sillyberry said:
Steal, I just opened PS on my Blackberry Curve and it loaded perfectly fine. Probably not the answer you were hoping for. :))

Awh, you are a sweetheart. Thank you.

But no, not what I wanted to hear. I have just sent the e-mail I didn't want to send to my phone company; this phone is less than 2 months old :blackeye: .

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Steal said:
sillyberry said:

Awh, you are a sweetheart. Thank you.

But no, not what I wanted to hear. I have just sent the e-mail I didn't want to send to my phone company; this phone is less than 2 months old :blackeye: .

Hi Steal,

Sorry for waiting to answer. We just did not have an answer for you. We tried with an E71 today and it worked, but that is as close as we could get to your phone model.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results