One under 100KB...sorry

jane_russella.jpg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

tourmaline_lover said:
I guess I'll never be able to see full posts and photos on my work computer. I'm sure this is not a good thing for newbies with out of date browsers too. ;(

No promises , but we are looking into it.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This surely has been covered, but don't have time to read all the post.

I cannot see full post and photos. Using Windows XP 2007

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

bright ice said:
This surely has been covered, but don't have time to read all the post.

I cannot see full post and photos. Using Windows XP 2007

Hi Bright Ice,

it sounds like you may be using IE 6. Unfortunately some of the features do not work well with it. We are trying to do what we can.

In the meant time I would like to suggest you download Firefoxor Chrome. Both are excellent browsers easy to install and use.

They will import your bookmarks for you. I have made them links so it is easy for you to get going.

Hope that helps and Sorry for the inconvenience.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock

i am posting here as i can not find a place to send a message to the administrators. my email address has been incorrect for a long time. each time i try to change it it does not work. i am still having time issues and it is kind of irritating when you can not figure it out. thank you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

I tried to find a thread, I know the title but it said no matches... Can we have it like on PS1?? I know many are searching for threads, and are coming up on empty....

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

crown1 said:
i am posting here as i can not find a place to send a message to the administrators. my email address has been incorrect for a long time. each time i try to change it it does not work. i am still having time issues and it is kind of irritating when you can not figure it out. thank you.

Hi Crowne,

Please use the following link to contact us.

Http://www.Pricescope.com/contact

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Kaleigh said:
I tried to find a thread, I know the title but it said no matches... Can we have it like on PS1?? I know many are searching for threads, and are coming up on empty....

Hi Kaleigh,
Can you tell us what thread you are looking for and what keyword you used?
It would help us figure out why you didn't find it.
Thank you

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kaleigh and others searching for known threads - try typing the thread title or known words followed by pricescope into google, I've been having good luck finding old threads that way.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Yssie said:
Kaleigh and others searching for known threads - try typing the thread title or known words followed by pricescope into google, I've been having good luck finding old threads that way.

Hi Yssie,

Thanks for the work around. :) Hopefully that will help others.

I would still appreciate an example of which one does not work so we can fix the search.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PS Admin said:
Yssie said:

Hi Yssie,

I would still appreciate an example of which one does not work so we can fix the search.

Hi mods - words with an apostrophe don't seem to be working, not sure what else - I just tried searching for my own thread "yssie's new ring is here" (both with and without quotations) and it came up with no search results.
this is the thread viewtopic.php?t=144010

ETA: searching for yssie"s new ring didn't come up with anything either

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Yssie said:
PS Admin said:
Yssie said:

Hi Yssie,

Hi mods - words with an apostrophe don't seem to be working, not sure what else - I just tried searching for my own thread "yssie's new ring is here" (both with and without quotations) and it came up with no search results.
this is the thread viewtopic.php?t=144010

ETA: searching for yssie"s new ring didn't come up with anything either

Hi Yisse,

thanks for the details we will look into it.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock

I'm also having trouble with the search function. I did a search for "small table" and got the following message: "No posts were found because the word small is not contained in any post."

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Lurchie said:
I'm also having trouble with the search function. I did a search for "small table" and got the following message: "No posts were found because the word small is not contained in any post."

Thank you everyone about the Search engine. We are looking into it. We may need to rebuild it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

I typed in the exact title of the thread, I know it, it meant a lot to me. I read it for comfort now and then, it was when my Nanny died. Nan posted it for me.

I know it backwards and forwards, so no problem, just wanted to say the search engine isn't like what we had on PS1...

I wish I had printed out many threads before the transition, I know many of the new Mom's did that, to record their journey of their pregnancies.. From birth and beyond such a great journey...

I do not want to google a thread that was started for me....I think I would come up on empty...

PLain truth, the search engine should work as PS 1 did.... No problems with that at all. I understand that is difficult to manage and to do..

But am hoping in the end it's as close to PS1's as possible.

Because that is one thing that worked really well, and people are missing big time....

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Kaleigh said:
I typed in the exact title of the thread, I know it, it meant a lot to me. I read it for comfort now and then, it was when my Nanny died. Nan posted it for me.

I know it backwards and forwards, so no problem, just wanted to say the search engine isn't like what we had on PS1...

I wish I had printed out many threads before the transition, I know many of the new Mom's did that, to record their journey of their pregnancies.. From birth and beyond such a great journey...

I do not want to google a thread that was started for me....I think I would come up on empty...

PLain truth, the search engine should work as PS 1 did.... No problems with that at all. I understand that is difficult to manage and to do..

Because that is one thing that worked really well, and people are missing big time....

Andrey is working very hard at making the search work optimally but it is a big job and unfortunately not an easy one. We promise that we will get it working properly and it will be even better than PS1. :))

Please do not worry. All threads with the exception of a few posted after we started the transition on July 4 weekend are still intact even if they are not easily searchable.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PS Admin said:
tourmaline_lover said:
I guess I'll never be able to see full posts and photos on my work computer. I'm sure this is not a good thing for newbies with out of date browsers too. ;(

Any estimate as to when you'll fix this? This is a major glitch, and I'm sure lurkers and newbies are going to drop off like flies because of this. It's really frustrating not being able to see photos at all, and having to "quote" someone's post just to read the whole thing.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock

Ella said:
Kaleigh said:

Andrey is working very hard at making the search work optimally but it is a big job and unfortunately not an easy one. We promise that we will get it working properly and it will be even better than PS1. :))

Please do not worry. All threads with the exception of a few posted after we started the transition on July 4 weekend are still intact even if they are not easily searchable.

I'm sure that everybody who is having problems searching already realizes this, but I wanted to put it out there anyway since it's caught me a couple of times. There are now TWO search boxes. There's a search box for the whole forum, and there's a search box for just the forum/topic you are in. The search box for the whole forum is located at the very tippy top of the screen in the middle right half, and just says "search". It's in the dark blue bar that's at the very top of the screen. The search box for just the forum/topic you are in is further down, just above the thread/forum you are reading and actually sits pretty much where the old Pscope forum search used to be. If you want to search the whole forum for something, you need to use the one at the top of the screen. If you're just looking for something within the thread or specific subforum you are currently in, you use the one further down. I have misused these a couple of times, for example just the other day I was wondering to myself: "why on earth isn't "brian gavin" coming up with anything jeez I know that appears in a million threads-oh, I'm using the thread search not the forum search again."

Hope this helps. :wavey:

Now if anybody could tell me how on earth I log out, I'd greatly appreciate it! Haha!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock

Aryana said:
I am also experiencing problems with my time zone. It is showing up as military time and is not the accurate military time. I verified my account setting was the correct time zone. Even though the time zone was correct, I tried to submit it again. Every time I clicked the 'Submit' button it said my password was required. Once I entered my password, I received the error message '(email id) is already registered. Have you forgotten your password?'

I know you have many other pressing issues, I just wanted to mention I am also having the time problem. Am I doing something incorrectly on the Account Settings page so that it won't accept my updates?

I am still having issues with my time zone. It is no longer displaying in military time, but it doesn't display the correct time. I tried again to resubmit the time zone on the Account Setting page (even though it is the correct setting), but I still get the same error as above. Am I doing something wrong on the the Account Setting page, such that it will not allow me to make updates?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

tourmaline_lover said:
PS Admin said:
tourmaline_lover said:

Any estimate as to when you'll fix this? This is a major glitch, and I'm sure lurkers and newbies are going to drop off like flies because of this. It's really frustrating not being able to see photos at all, and having to "quote" someone's post just to read the whole thing.

I don't have one yet.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

ts44 said:
Ella said:
Kaleigh said:

I'm sure that everybody who is having problems searching already realizes this, but I wanted to put it out there anyway since it's caught me a couple of times. There are now TWO search boxes. There's a search box for the whole forum, and there's a search box for just the forum/topic you are in. The search box for the whole forum is located at the very tippy top of the screen in the middle right half, and just says "search". It's in the dark blue bar that's at the very top of the screen. The search box for just the forum/topic you are in is further down, just above the thread/forum you are reading and actually sits pretty much where the old Pscope forum search used to be. If you want to search the whole forum for something, you need to use the one at the top of the screen. If you're just looking for something within the thread or specific subforum you are currently in, you use the one further down. I have misused these a couple of times, for example just the other day I was wondering to myself: "why on earth isn't "brian gavin" coming up with anything jeez I know that appears in a million threads-oh, I'm using the thread search not the forum search again."

Hope this helps. :wavey:

Now if anybody could tell me how on earth I log out, I'd greatly appreciate it! Haha!

Hi ts44,

Click on the "My pages" tab in the upper right corner of the menu. You should see a logout.

Thanks for the info for others incase the have the same issue.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Aryana said:
Aryana said:
I am also experiencing problems with my time zone. It is showing up as military time and is not the accurate military time. I verified my account setting was the correct time zone. Even though the time zone was correct, I tried to submit it again. Every time I clicked the 'Submit' button it said my password was required. Once I entered my password, I received the error message '(email id) is already registered. Have you forgotten your password?'

I know you have many other pressing issues, I just wanted to mention I am also having the time problem. Am I doing something incorrectly on the Account Settings page so that it won't accept my updates?

I am still having issues with my time zone. It is no longer displaying in military time, but it doesn't display the correct time. I tried again to resubmit the time zone on the Account Setting page (even though it is the correct setting), but I still get the same error as above. Am I doing something wrong on the the Account Setting page, such that it will not allow me to make updates?

You should be all good now.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

PS Admin said:
Aryana said:
Aryana said:

You should be all good now.

Ella

I am still having problems with the correct time/time zone as well as the military time. After reading over your suggestion to Aryana, I went in and reset my time to NY time. The time was set to the correct time yesterday, but it reverted back to miliarty time. I can handle military time, so long as it is correct. However, when I came back to PS today, the time was not only still in military, but was now back to some random time zone. Could you please look into that for me?

Thanks!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Ella

Correction - It appears that when I log in, the time will set to the right time zone, however, it stays in military time? Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks again

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't know if this is where I should post this, but when you upload photos they appear in the reverse order than the order the are uploaded. If I want to comment on three photos that I upload in my post in order a-b-c, then I need to have the forthought to upload them in order c-b-a. Confusing as heck! I am not the only one with this issue. If it can be changed it would help a lot.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

FWIW I like the new search a lot since it lets you get really specific in yioru search and narrow as you go, which is cool. The down side is that you need to know what you are doing to use it. Maybe a tutorial page would help? With a step by step on how to do common types of searches?

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock

Is there a 'Today's Posts' button anywhere? I know this has been mentioned earlier in the thread and a temporary alternate link was provided, but it doesn't work for me anymore for some reason.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

I was just able to use my image storage. Then I uploaded another pic and I can't bring up the images at all. Please help me ;(

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun said:
I was just able to use my image storage. Then I uploaded another pic and I can't bring up the images at all. Please help me ;(

Hi Marian,

I sent you email. Please check if you received it. You may need to also check the spam folder.

Thank you,

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

chiquitapet said:
Is there a 'Today's Posts' button anywhere? I know this has been mentioned earlier in the thread and a temporary alternate link was provided, but it doesn't work for me anymore for some reason.

There is a button at the main forum page called "View new posts". We are planning to out it on all forum pages.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results