carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

MonkeyPie said:
Actually, I don't like the squished rows - I can't focus on anything and it hurts my eyes. The fire I like, though I'd like it better unanimated. This is really bad, guys, I'm sorry to say. What on earth made you make it SMALLER? :((

I hate it too. And like Danny, I also hate that all the titles are bold, and not just the new thread titles.

I really really really loved the format of the old forum. I thought the usability and readability were awesome! Now I feel like I'm back in high school twelve years ago reading the first version of the first forum I ever posted on. It just seems so much less polished and professional. :sick:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

risingsun said:
I can't drag and drop any of my pics...

I can't drag and drop either.....

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PS Admin said:
MonkeyPie said:
Actually, I don't like the squished rows - I can't focus on anything and it hurts my eyes. The fire I like, though I'd like it better unanimated. This is really bad, guys, I'm sorry to say. What on earth made you make it SMALLER? :((

Hi MonkeyPie,

Sorry about it hurting your eyes. I have had many requests to make it smaller to reduce the scrolling of the threads.

I will look into it a bit and see what can be done.

Anyone else like it the old way?

I think somewhere in size between the old size and this new size would be perfect. The rows of threads are so narrow and squished together, that I can't focus on anything. I found that I read three or four and then gave up.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

There were MANY complaints about how hard it was to scroll, so Andrey was trying to address their concerns. Hopefully we can find a middle ground for everyone.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ella said:
There were MANY complaints about how hard it was to scroll, so Andrey was trying to address their concerns. Hopefully we can find a middle ground for everyone.

Oh I really hope you can find some middle ground because I really hate this new squished way.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

The compression makes my eys glaze over a bit. It seems tight. How about adding an empty line at the bottom of each new entry. Each entry now is 2 lines high and if a blank was inserted at the end of each to make a third open line space this might make the individuals posts stand apart. I am glad to see things are making progress and hope this can be addressed in some way.

starshine

Shiny_Rock

Catmom said:
Ella said:

Oh I really hope you can find some middle ground because I really hate this new squished way.

+1 A bit *too* squished! =) I appreciate the hard work they're doing, though!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

LOL! I was just thinking about how much I liked the new look.

Wink

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Thank for everyones comment. I will look to see for a good compromise.

In the mean time any other thoughts on the threads being to squishy would be appreciated.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

It really does seem a little too "squished" now. Is there any way to separate out the pinned or stickied threads. It seems tedious to constantly be trying to visually figure out where they end. The bold titles for all the threads is also a little overwhelming. The improvements you all have been making are much appreciated.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

I think it got a wee bit too squished in the change, but I SO appreciate the effort in trying to accommodate suggestions!

If there could be about a half-space more room above and below the text, I think it would help a lot in making it readable but aiding in scrolling.

(BTW - THANK YOU for making the icon to go the first unread post bigger - a huge help!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Catmom said:
Ella said:

I am hoping so too. This is painful on the eyes!!

A middle ground would be very appreciated..

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

gemgirl said:
risingsun said:
I can't drag and drop any of my pics...

I can't drag and drop either.....

I discovered that if you click on the image, it will post as an image. I'm doing a lot of experimentation :idea:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kaleigh said:
Catmom said:
Ella said:

I am hoping so too. This is painful on the eyes!!

A middle ground would be very appreciated..

I have to strongly agree. It is very difficult to read now, too squished. Sorry. :((

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

Maybe instead of narrowing the sub-sections, narrow the entire forum - I was under the impression that everyone had to scroll to the RIGHT and that is what they hated, not that they hated scrolling DOWN. Narrowing the width of the forum itself would fix this problem and you could keep the same text size you have now, just remove the bolding.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Toooo squished!!!!!!!!!!!! :errrr: I do like the spacing on the main forum page where the sub forums are listed, but the threads themselves are too hard to read. The text is fine, but perhaps a tad more spacing between the threads, like a space after the final line of text for each thread would help.

And I detest the new fire icon on the threads.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Hi everyone,

the fire animation is removed it is now static.

We are working on the spacing so hopefully tomorrow it will be just right.

:)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock

Thanks PS for trying to keep everyone happy - not an easy job i bet :bigsmile:

I dont know if this is a realistic request (and my apologies if its been made before), but i would like the advanced search feature to have L:W ratio as a search field, for fancy shapes obviously! I find it a pain to search for ECs without that feature...

thanks for listening :oP

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

PS Admin said:
Hi everyone,

The fire animation isn't removed for me?? Or it's not static....

Hoping all gets sorted out, many thanks for listening to us. I know it's a super hard job...

But having everything all bunched is worse than having to scroll IMHO..

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

We are doing our very best. Please know that for each change that is made Andrey is spending many hours working on it. So please show some kindness towards all the hard work he is doing.

Suggestions are welcome and encouraged but please remember to keep the tone polite. We are doing our best.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Kaleigh said:
PS Admin said:
Hi everyone,

The fire animation isn't removed for me?? Or it's not static....

Hoping all gets sorted out, many thanks for listening to us. I know it's a super hard job...

But having everything all bunched is worse than having to scroll IMHO..

Hi Kaleigh,

It takes a little time before your browser may recache the new icons.

A refresh can help speed it up.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Blackpaw said:
Thanks PS for trying to keep everyone happy - not an easy job i bet :bigsmile:

I dont know if this is a realistic request (and my apologies if its been made before), but i would like the advanced search feature to have L:W ratio as a search field, for fancy shapes obviously! I find it a pain to search for ECs without that feature...

thanks for listening :oP

It is on my list to look into, but no promises. ;-)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not sure if anyone else has faced this problem, but I am unable to save a signature. I click on submit and it erases the blurb in the signature block. Any suggestions?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

Hi guys.

So, I am only now starting to slog through these now 15 or so pages of troubleshooting items.

Only on page 5 (so far) have I seen a page which brings back enough features from the old advanced search ( search.php ) that I could actually find something. But, I think I could only find it again by going to page 5 of the trouble shooting items. Is it on the board otherwise, and I'm not seeing it?

Also, you DO have to be a dedicated user to be willing to go through these 15 pages. I guess you'll eventually just get to everything, which will obviate this whole section in the first place. But, meanwhile, really, consider making a temporary "best of troubleshooting," or something. Some more casual users will just be satisfied to be irritated, and not go through all these pages.

Best,

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Regular Guy said:
Hi guys.

So, I am only now starting to slog through these now 15 or so pages of troubleshooting items.

Only on page 5 (so far) have I seen a page which brings back enough features from the old advanced search ( search.php ) that I could actually find something. But, I think I could only find it again by going to page 5 of the trouble shooting items. Is it on the board otherwise, and I'm not seeing it?

Also, you DO have to be a dedicated user to be willing to go through these 15 pages. I guess you'll eventually just get to everything, which will obviate this whole section in the first place. But, meanwhile, really, consider making a temporary "best of troubleshooting," or something. Some more casual users will just be satisfied to be irritated, and not go through all these pages.

Best,

Ira, Good point. It is on my list.

Just have not gotten to it.
Hopefully in a few days. :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock

Hi, admins, thanks again for all your work. I looked through this thread, but couldn't find the answer to my question. I was wondering if there is an explanation to be found somewhere of all the symbols to the left of the posts.

I get that there are site notices (with the exclamation mark, but I don't get the two types of stickies, and while I understand that flame threads are "hot", I don't know what it means for one to have a star or have some red lines in it vs. others that don't.

Thanks!

stci

Ideal_Rock

Really annoying bug report:

When I hit the back button (browser), I would like to return where I was before in the topics list.

Each time I use the back button to return I have to scroll down all the topics to continue to the next subject.

I think you can solve this easily.

Thank you!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock

One more question: I tried to get to a thread that I started myself and I could find it neither through search nor through my account. In PS1 there was an option to see topics started by each user. I am not sure if there is an easy way to do this now. If there isn't, I know it's probably not high priority, but it would be nice to add it back at some point.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

I also miss the option of being able to search a users posts by threads started by the user or just threads they posted in.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Don't shoot me, I'll do it myself :confused: I've noticed that if you look for a designer [haven't checked the vendors, yet], you have to scroll through them page by page*. May we please have the one page with the icons back? This method leaves me not wanting to use this function. I'll leave quietly...

There are ~five designers per page

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results