shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Okay, it's real. Line isn't as dark as I would have liked but I know it's still early.

image-3342214074.jpg

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Looks good AMC. :wavey:

AFM (cross-post from 6months+):
Looks like I ovulated yesterday. Not ideal timing but it is what it is. So we hit 0, 0-2 and 0-3. Just in case we'll bd today too. (Yes I like to plug in future dates just to see ;)) )

Also last night I almost had to go to the er my pain from ovulating was so bad. I thought it was kidney stones at first until my temp shot up this morning. I'm really praying that I'm not starting to accumulate more endo because it was the ovary that wasn't affected by the endometriosis as of 4 months ago :nono:

_304.png

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats Amc! Sticky bean dust all around you!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Random- I think your timing is really good. Sorry about the pain. I always had really painful ovulation. I had an HSG this cycle and didn't feel pain at all. Not sure if it was related but definitely interesting. Welcome to the tww!

Meg- thanks! How are you doing?

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

amc, I hope this is is it for you!!!

SL - did you end up testing again? Early testing is such a rollercoaster, I only did it one cycle (when we weren't even really trying) and it did my head in!

random your timing really sounds pretty spot on there, not sure what else you could have done! Fingers crossed.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Ugh, my tests just aren't getting much darker. I seem to have better luck with SMU so I'm waiting to test again with that. My test this morning was about the same as my SMU yesterday. I *know* you aren't supposed to read into the darkness of the lines, but really, they should be getting darker by this point.

3-27prog.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, ugh, I know how hard it must be not to read too much into the test results, especially after last month. I really, really hope the line starts darkening up in the next few days as it is still really early. Will you be having your betas tested or are you trying to avoid that? Sending lots of dust your way.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1395938871|3642353 said:
amc, ugh, I know how hard it must be not to read too much into the test results, especially after last month. I really, really hope the line starts darkening up in the next few days as it is still really early. Will you be having your betas tested or are you trying to avoid that? Sending lots of dust your way.

I had it done this morning but won't get the results until tomorrow morning. If it's going to be another CP I'd rather know now. The only comfort I have is that if I just look at my FMU tests, the line is getting darker. And my line was barely visible at 10dpo which means my HCG was probably around 7, since FRERs can pick up at like 6.4 or something. So today it should be 14, and I think my line looks about right for that. But I'm also trying to be realistic that the lines really should be darker by now, at 12dpo.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Congtratulations on the BFP, AMC! And, good luck on your beta results. Hope this is a sticky bean!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Okay, just took another with SMU (and that pee was super concentrated, gross). It didn't look much darker at first, but once I let it cook for a bit longer it thickened up a little. Thoughts?

_16263.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, I know it's impossible to do, but step away from the pee sticks. At this point I'd only test every other day, and then once a week.

SL, keeping my fingers crossed for you. You're still early so hopefully you can keep AMC company.

RT, sorry about the crazy O pain, but 2WW for you.

AFM, very faint positives on OPKs yesterday and today. Not sure if it's getting darker or not, but I'll keep testing until I get a definitive either way.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

LC- I know, I know I know. I'm actually feeling a lot better right now. I looked at the test again after it dried and compared it to the others (which are all dry) and it really is thicker and darker. So for now I will just accept that I'm pregnant :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I didn't test today, aren't you proud? :)

I got my beta back- 12. I hate seeing so low of a number, but that is right around where I figured it would be. I got a "just barely there" line on a FRER two days prior, and those are sensitive to 6. So 12 two days later makes sense. Retest tomorrow.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, wow, I am impressed by your self control in not testing this a.m. :) Keeping my fingers crossed that you get good news after your next beta. As far as the 12, it's got to start somewhere, right? Grow baby grow!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1396026780|3642945 said:
amc, wow, I am impressed by your self control in not testing this a.m. :) Keeping my fingers crossed that you get good news after your next beta. As far as the 12, it's got to start somewhere, right? Grow baby grow!

Thanks! Apparently all I need to do is keep the tests in my car. No way I'm walking outside to get them when it's cold and dark!!

I've spent the last several minutes analyzing my chart. There's a debate as to whether I'm currently 11 or 13 dpo. 13dpo makes sense based on OPKs, but 11dpo makes sense from a BBT standpoint. If I am only 11DPO, that beta of 12 feels much better. So, for peace of mind, I'm going with that :) How do you like that rationale? And I know, it has to start somewhere. Hoping and praying I get a good number tomorrow!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1396027892|3642963 said:
monkeyprincess|1396026780|3642945 said:

Thanks! Apparently all I need to do is keep the tests in my car. No way I'm walking outside to get them when it's cold and dark!!

I've spent the last several minutes analyzing my chart. There's a debate as to whether I'm currently 11 or 13 dpo. 13dpo makes sense based on OPKs, but 11dpo makes sense from a BBT standpoint. If I am only 11DPO, that beta of 12 feels much better. So, for peace of mind, I'm going with that :) How do you like that rationale? And I know, it has to start somewhere. Hoping and praying I get a good number tomorrow!

Sounds great to me, AMC! Good luck with your beta tomorrow. :)

Pancake - I did test again, and all BFN. I now have AF, if you want to call it that. I started spotting last night and today I'm bleeding lightly, but it's all brown except when I wipe. Sorry for the TMI. Given my history, I know it'll probably be over by tomorrow. Do my light periods automatically mean that my lining is definitely way too thin? In any case, I made an appointment to see my OB, and he can actually see me in two weeks. That's not much of a wait at all for him, so I'm pretty happy about that. I'm also weaning off Prozac even though I know it's not a good idea for my mental health because I don't know what else to to do.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

So...I just sent my resume off to a company that offers paid medical and 2 weeks paid maternity leave in addition to 4 weeks vacation time. Good golly my fingers are crossed! Now if I could just get pregnant...hmm...

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1396043077|3643143 said:
So...I just sent my resume off to a company that offers paid medical and 2 weeks paid maternity leave in addition to 4 weeks vacation time. Good golly my fingers are crossed! Now if I could just get pregnant...hmm...

Paid maternity leave? That's awesome!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

RT, paid maternity leave, that sounds awesome. :)

AMC, hm, I think your rationale sounds pretty sound. Especially since you discarded one of your temp data points (can't remember which day). Maybe put it back in and see what your chart says.

SL, I'm no medical professional so I'd say please talk to your psychiatrist and OB before you wean yourself off your SSRI. If your lining is really what's worrying you, I'd suggest other methods to try to improve it. I did acupuncture and one of the focuses was to bring more blood to the uterus to create a better environment for the fertilized egg. Maybe do that instead? I went to a community acupuncture place so it wasn't super pricey to get treatments every week.

AFM: I think my OPKs are getting darker and I think I might have had some EWCM on Thursday. So now I just need to try to get some action.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what's up with my FMU this time but it sucks. SMU has been so much better. I had a minor freak out when my FMU was the same as my SMU from two days ago. Waiting in beta. In the mean time, I held for 4 hours and tested again. Definitely darker than two days ago. This has to be the worst part of pregnancy.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

6dpo, I think I need to stop temping after ovulation. All it does is drive me freaking crazy...

chart.png

amc80

Ideal_Rock
random_thought said:
6dpo, I think I need to stop temping after ovulation. All it does is drive me freaking crazy...

Just tell yourself that implantation dips aren't real. Good luck with that :)

I stopped temping early this cycle (like 9dpo). B was sick and I was sick and then I just didn't get back into it.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1396277034|3644278 said:
random_thought said:

I stopped temping early this cycle (like 9dpo). B was sick and I was sick and then I just didn't get back into it.

Yeah, I've heard both things. People who get their BFP with a temp below cover and others who just have a secondary estrogen surge. Sigh, guess I'll just have to wait and find out!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1396281779|3644351 said:
amc80|1396277034|3644278 said:
random_thought said:

Yeah, I've heard both things. People who get their BFP with a temp below cover and others who just have a secondary estrogen surge. Sigh, guess I'll just have to wait and find out!

When are you going to start testing?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Well crap. I felt some cramps and went to the bathroom. Looks like AF is here.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

RT, Don't feel out of it because of the temp dip yet. Fingers still crossed for you.

AMC, Like AF for real AF or just some spotting? I hope it's not AF for real. It'd seem strange since you're still getting positive HPTs.

AFM: I think I got a positive OPK this morning. We're not really ing trying, so I won't be heart broken if we don't get pregnant this cycle. It's straight after my D&C, and I think DH is thinking of waiting until next cycle. Whatever, we'll see what happens. Also, counting out EDD would be a Christmas baby, which I'd rather not do.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1396284630|3644380 said:
RT, Don't feel out of it because of the temp dip yet. Fingers still crossed for you.

AMC, Like AF for real AF or just some spotting? I hope it's not AF for real. It'd seem strange since you're still getting positive HPTs.

AFM: I think I got a positive OPK this morning. We're not really ing trying, so I won't be heart broken if we don't get pregnant this cycle. It's straight after my D&C, and I think DH is thinking of waiting until next cycle. Whatever, we'll see what happens. Also, counting out EDD would be a Christmas baby, which I'd rather not do.

Real AF. With this cramping it's got to be. I took a FRER while I was in the bathroom and it is still positive, but lighter than Saturday's test.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

AMC- I'm not surprised you're still registering positive on the tests. Doesn't it take a few weeks to get the hcg out of your system?

I don't know when I'll test, I guess either next Monday or Tuesday, that'll put me past my missed af.

I'm just over buying all those extra tests and wasting money at this point when I can just wait and find out, I guess I'm a fuddy duddy lol

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Last cycle it was out of my system pretty quickly. It went from 184 (the high- this was right after I started bleeding) on a Wednesday to 27 on Friday to 2 on Tuesday. Apparently it hangs out in your pee longer than your blood. I don't think it ever got about the 20-30 range, so I think it will be gone fast.

I hear ya on not wanting to waste tests. I'm thinking of taking a break from everything but BDing this cycle. No charting, no OPKs. We will just BD EOD from like CD12-20. I'd love to say I would wait to test until AF is due, but I don't know if I have it in me. And if I'm not charting I wouldn't know when AF was due anyway. So maybe I could just wait until CD30 or something. I don't know.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, so very sorry to hear your update. :blackeye:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results