shape
carat
color
clarity

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS and a bit spazzed out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! Nervous but hoping things go well. Cannot take the stress.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been to bar and bat mitzvahs before, but I take it that they were nothing like what your son is going to have. I''m sure it''ll be fine. I do wish I was still in Philly though, I might have been able to help out. We have similar personalities.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I am sure you are going to have it done perfectly...and you will find it is worth the stress :) however, I hope you feel better soon!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan,

Just saw this, and wanted to wish you and yours well.

Our older son just celebrated his becoming a bar mitzvah this past labor Day weekend.

I''m sure you''re going a bit crazy. Hold tight, and...

Warmest regards,

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you are beyind stressed sweetie. But look, all the bad weather will be out of here come Saturday. Looks like a great forecast. Again if you need anything I am here. I will be wearing my dancing shoes, can''t wait!!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 1:14:00 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I know you are beyind stressed sweetie. But look, all the bad weather will be out of here come Saturday. Looks like a great forecast. Again if you need anything I am here. I will be wearing my dancing shoes, can''t wait!!
36.gif
Amost there Dfan!!! I am so glad Kaleigh is near you and will be there - rock those dancing shoes K !!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with everything, Caroline. I know it will all work out beautifully. Please, please, try to relax so that you can at least enjoy it a little bit! This will be your son up there! You deserve to have a special day, not just a stressful day!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, I know everything will be just wonderful for you. You have worked so darn hard and it will be just perfect for you.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 1:51:50 PM
Author: Linda W
Caroline, I know everything will be just wonderful for you. You have worked so darn hard and it will be just perfect for you.

Linda
I agree w/Linda; it all will be perfection!!! Hugs and it sounds like it will be a gorgeous day!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. in the home stretch now! Weather should be great, let''s hope Phillies win and we can put baseball behind us!!!

Ira, you know what it is like. And yes, though this is ultimately a 13 year old''s party, and a happy milestone, I have lots of relatives who might not make it back for the next one (health issues) and I really am such a perfectionist that this is becoming all encompassing. I am on things to the last detail, are the clothes all fitting right, does the valet have extra guys like I asked so no one waits too long for their car, did I make sure to tell the caterer about any allergies or issues...there are so many details, even with the best in the business like I have hired. I want this to be a memorable night. And some people''s selfish crappy side come out at times like this, so you have to be prepared for it, which is yuck. I mean, just getting haircuts and clothes/ties/socks/shoes/belts for Fri night, Sat and Sun brunch for three kids was a troop movement...all the details that went in that MUST be done and attended too but are easy to forget about...makes my head spin.

Luckily the weather should be wonderful and not too cold, and hopefully all flights and transportation will flow smoothly too!!!

I will update all of you and thank you so much for your kind wishes!!! It means so much to me to have you guys to vent to!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
You got your wish! Baseball is done. Mazel Tov to all of Philly! Th is for the fans and Friday is for your son to shine! May the celebration bring your family closer with shared joys multiplying.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAYYY PHILLIES. Now we can move on, have the parade and I will not have to bring a big screen into my party!!!!

Now if the flights work and car services pick people up and the weather holds....yay!!!!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Best of Luck - Mazel Tov ... I am glad the Phillies won tonight so it would not a distraction for your guests.. We are having our wedding on the same day as an Eagles home game . They will be playing at night. I know there are a few guests leaving ( probably early ) to rush over to the game....
I was also informed the Eagles Chant will be played at the end of the reception..

Too bad my sons are not Eagles fans... My Fiance and his friends are fierce Eagles fans..
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Eagles, I actually way prefer football to baseball BUT was thrilled for the win tonight.

My friends and I were hysterical laughing...the Phillies make it after 15 years this WEEK, and then in the stoppage in the 6th inning, a heretofore never occurred event...we were all just praying they were DONE by Fri. The parade is during the day, some of my guests come in the late afternoon but I arranged car services for them so we are all set, and our hotel is out in the burbs and not in town.

I am thrilled for the city, who''s fans wanted this so badly...and hope the weather is a nice as they say it will be and there is still some fall color to the leaves!!!

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
The upcoming bar mitzvah party sounds fun! I really hope you find time to relaxe and enjoy the party
1.gif

PS. You should post pics of the party, would be interesting to see...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am back from the nicest party ever. Caroline gave me permission to blog about it. The service was beautiful her son did such an amazing job. He's just the cutest kid ever, so articulate and thoughtful I loved that he is passioante about giving back, he's a fine young Man. Caroline should be very proud.
2.gif

Then we had cocktail hour, caught up with friends, Caroline changed into her gorgeous evening dress. She wore a Chanel black suit for the Bar Mitzvh it was classsic and chic. Her hair?? To DIE for. She had sweepeing bangs, the sides were pulled up and she had cascading curls. She lookedso beautiful. Her jewelry was so her, classic and elegant.
5.gif

Then we went upstaris for dinner. The BAND???? OMG. My husband said best band ever. It was Mowtown, and then some. The singers were awe inspiring. We danced and danced. Everyone was on the dance floor!!
36.gif

There were 2 highlights, 2 that were a surprise to me. When we arrived for dinner, there was a special videao. I mean a very Hollywood produced video. It was a play on Ferris Bueller's day off. Showing Caroline's son, not feeling well, getting the day off from school Then he has technology to lower his voice, makes it like he's the big wig in a company and order's limo's for his company but wants to test out the services to make sure they do a great job. He wants to have the limo take him to the shore for a surfing contest. They had him super imposed riding huge waves, it was the coolest thing ever. He's a natural at the acting thing,it comes with the genes.

My second favortie part and I shared this with her husband. Was that when he made a speech before diinner he was celebrating his son on his Bar Mitzvah, but took the time to celebrate Caroline. He said the nicest things, all from the heart. It was so nice to see, and to witness.

Dana and I had the best time, saw many friends, and had a blast. We danced our butts off!!!

Caroline, You out did yourself woman. You have the nicest family!!
1.gif

I forgot to mention the food, OMG, so delicious. I am trying to get all the details in. Sorry. But yeah to die for across the board. Caroline was so gracious even when the airconditioning wasn't working in the dining room. She was lovely, gracious and the perfect hostess. I really puffy heart her.
30.gif
30.gif

Lisa

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhh, sounds like a wonderful evening with a fabulous families and friends!!! Oh gosh, I bet Caroline looked gorgeous
30.gif
and her sons adorable and husband sound so fabulous like our Caroline! What a sweet/beautiful family, speech and everything sounds like it was perfect!!!
9.gif
Thanks for sharing the wonderful evening with us Lisa and Caroline.
36.gif
36.gif
Can't wait to hear more!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, OMG, THANK YOU for the lovely words. It meant the world to me to have you and Dana there to celebrate with us. I put so much effort into planning this event down to the smallest detail as some of you here know from my posts, from the save the date to the invite to the party bags for all the out of towners etc and making sure 140 adults and 110 kids all had a ball. The kids room downstairs was awesome, and the cocktail room was so great too...my party planner just outdid himself. There were even peonies on some of the tables which he got just for me. The details were very special to me, and I thought the room looked great...It was so nice to look out during the service and see so many lovely friends and family, some of whom traveled very far to be with us this weekend. We also had the most gorgeous weather and some of the beautiful foliage was still on the trees here, which is great.

Brunch tomorrow and then I will be at a loss as to what to do with myself!~Lisa, lunch and bling fest has to occur now!!

I am so glad you came and enjoyed yourselves, it meant a lot to us to have you and the fact that you had fun was the best part!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FABULOUS!!! I KNEW it would all go magnificently - congrats my friend!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
And thanks Kaleigh for the write up!!!
35.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like everything was just gorgeous! The video sounds hilarious, and I''m glad everything went off without a hitch! Congratulations!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew everything would go so perfectly Caroline. Lisa thank you so much for posting all of the beautiful details. I could just imagine how beautiful everything was and how gorgeous our Caroline looked. Caroline, your husband sounds so thoughtful and I know how wonderful your son is too.

Linda

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh I wouldn''t expect a party from DF any less fabulous! I am so glad you go to be there Lisa!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It made me so happy to have Lisa there, she and her hubby were wonderful and had fun, which is so nice. When you work hard on something for so long, it is a labor of love and so special but also somewhat stress inducing and the most wonderful thing is to have your friends and family have a blast.

It was a great night, and my party planner outdid himself. I love him so much, he was simply amazing. It was a great night. I think I am sort of a dream client in that I have lots of ideas too and really did not give him a budget at all, so he was thrilled!!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 10:22:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
It made me so happy to have Lisa there, she and her hubby were wonderful and had fun, which is so nice. When you work hard on something for so long, it is a labor of love and so special but also somewhat stress inducing and the most wonderful thing is to have your friends and family have a blast.

It was a great night, and my party planner outdid himself. I love him so much, he was simply amazing. It was a great night. I think I am sort of a dream client in that I have lots of ideas too and really did not give him a budget at all, so he was thrilled!!!

I''m glad everything went well. I bet it was a fabulous affair.

And you''re so right, planners love it when there isn''t a budget involved.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for your DF (Caroline)....you really are one of the kindest, down-to-earth people I "know" (hehe, albeit online!). You deserved a great day, which you cared so much about for your love of your son (which is beautiful). And I was really confident that you would have a wonderful party, and I know your son and family must be so proud of you...

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy to hear how wonderful your son did! I am sure you and your husband were beyond proud.
36.gif
It sounds like your hubby was very grateful for all your Love, dedication, and hard work as well.. very sweet
30.gif

And it sounds like everything turned out beautifully! It was a very nice weekend in Philly. How was the traffic on Friday when your guests arrived ? Did the Phillies Parade effect anything ?

One last question, As my wedding is next week, when were you able to really relax and enjoy yourself ? Do you have any advice ? I am trying not to get too nervous. -- Easier said then done.

PS Thanks Kaleigh for the post when you arrived home.. you sound like a great friend to DF

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa is a total doll, the real deal. She is sincere and true and she and her hubby genuinely wanted to be there which is so nice.

No advice about nerves, it IS easier said than done. I think you can only control so much, I was praying for baseball to end, wanted the Phillies to win of course but wanted to put it behind me too, and wanted weather to be nice and foliage to be stunning, and lucky for me it all worked out.

You just have to be so zen about the things you cannot change, since the moment will come and go and it is over in a blink!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like the celebration was wonderful! I could not be happier for you and your family.
A big mazel tov to you all for a much deserved simcha!

It''s so wonderful to read about a family that is involved and supportive of their children''s big life cycle events. You sound like an incredible mom.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Haven, I appreciate it. I try, it is hard rearing kids in this day and age, teaching them to have values and be respectful. This was about a milestone most of all, but also I did want to make it special as some of our family might not be around for the next one in 6 years, which is a sobering thought. It was important to me to have this be so special.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
DF, it sounds like it was a fabulous celebration. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results