shape
carat
color
clarity

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS and a bit spazzed out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have less than two weeks til my son''s bar mitzvah. I think I worked even harder on this one. I am exhausted, the party planner is not seeing anyone new for the remainder of the time, I am going over details like crazy and am just worried about people having to travel, what with the airlines being so terrible.

I cannot sleep and I am stressed, which I do not want to be.

Just wanted to express it, and any brides feeling this way, come on in and say so, this is more about a big event and the planning and stress than about it being a bar mitzvah or a wedding!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh Dfan I am sorry everything is getting haywire!
40.gif
Just wanted to wish you some peaceful, relaxing dust and a glass of wine! *hugs*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANKS!

So far, nothing is really "wrong" but I am a worrywart and a "what iffer". I wanted people to come in early (like mid week) as I am worried about all the flights that get delayed and cancelled. Most of my family is doing so. But then I have to entertain them those nights too! No biggie, but more to think about.

This is two events Fri night, the bar mitzvah Sat and the brunch Sun. So like 5 events, and Sat night I have over 100 kids (not including my three) and it is crazy.

I am well organized but am such a detail person I am thinking down to what goes in each of the restrooms at the temple!!!! And my insomnia is wicked bad right about now~

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, I can imagine how stressed you must be. I am sure everything will turn out just beautiful. You have put so much time and effort into planning this event.

Please try just to relax. Is there anyway to can schedule a spa day this week, or is that a dumb question?

9.gif

Love, Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am trying. I have hair and make up this week for our photos, as we cannot take any during the service that night. But otherwise, I am going moment to moment during the day.

But thank you sweet Linda, I definitely need to try!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am free to help you in any way I can. I would love to help. Give me a job and it''s done. Seriously.
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, you are such a sweetheart. I wish we all lived closer. I would just love to sit down with you and Caroline, have a cup of tea and just plain old chit chat.

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 1:12:35 AM
Author: Linda W
Lisa, you are such a sweetheart. I wish we all lived closer. I would just love to sit down with you and Caroline, have a cup of tea and just plain old chit chat.

Linda
Come for a visit, we''d have a blast!! And bring Ellen and Stephanie too. Oh my, what fun we would have.
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, I so agree! Aren't I lucky I have Lisa literally 5 minutes from me?

Lisa, I just might take you up on it!!!

I keep panicking that I am forgetting something important. Just do not know what!!!

Just come that night, have a ball, eat and dance...that is the best thing you can do!

(but I will not hesitate to call on you, as long as you are not too busy yourself!!!)

Linda, come on down!!! or over or lateral! We would show you such great time!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 1:21:48 AM
Author: diamondfan
Linda, I so agree! Aren''t I lucky I have Lisa literally 5 minutes from me?

Lisa, I just might take you up on it!!!

I keep panicking that I am forgetting something important. Just do not know what!!!

Just come that night, have a ball, eat and dance...that is the best thing you can do!

(but I will not hesitate to call on you, as long as you are not too busy yourself!!!)

Linda, come on down!!! or over or lateral! We would show you such great time!
I am planning on it. But will be at the ready for whatever you need.. I gotta hit the hay, hoping I can send you some sweet dreams tonight!! I am pooped. Rob is home, working on his college applications.... Nighty night.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah honey, I am sending you a giant hug and knowing you things will go smooth so sending you good vibes for a wonderful party!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Take a deep breath. Your party(ies) will be wonderful!!! Have your tried Benadryl at night? I know exactly what you mean about not sleeping when there is something going on! I spazz out too.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it doesn''t help you to hear this, but everything will be beautiful! I''m sure you''ve done everything you can do to make the event as perfect as possible!

And remember-you can''t control stuff like the airlines, so let it go! (Easier said than done, of course!)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww DF, from everything I have heard about it I think it will be an AMAZING event! Please make sure you take the time to enjoy your work!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C, it is going to be a wonderful and magnificent occasion - one you can be proud of and that he will so appreciate. Almost there now and it will all come together beautifully - I guarantee it!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
The event is going to be amazing, DF, and no amount of worrying can change that. I know how hard it is to stop the worries, though.

How does your son feel about the service? Is he comfortable with his Torah portion? His speech? I remember those days of learning trope and putting it all together, but to be honest I was more excited about the celebration than anything.

Here''s to your wonderful simcha!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan, I''m sure your celebration will go off wonderfully. It seems like you have put a ton of work into it, and I''m sure all of your guests will realize that. I''m a habitual worrier, though, so I totally understand where the anxiety is coming from. When I can''t sleep, Benadryl is a lifesaver, and chamomile tea and my trusty eye mask (it plays soothing sounds!) helped me immensely in the couple weeks before the bar exam.

Is it too early to say mazel tov?
1.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
DF -- Big celebrations always are tricky because of so many moving parts. Add to that the range of events and emotions and components -- religion, family, milestones, party...it''s a huge deal!

What I''m trying to say is that it sounds like you have everything well in hand and under control!

Mazel tov!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you ALL!

The issue is that I am a perfectionist dealing with something that has gotten very out of control price wise. Hubby has been great but I still feel stress. And, my son is of the "it is okay with me if it is not my best effort" camp, and to me, this requires MORE than that. I have busted my butt, it is NOT about me on one hand of course, but nothing would have occured, from getting the list ready to interfacing with the planner down to the last detail, to following through with people when the mail did not do it''s part...plus you throw in the usual family dramas and crap and it is a headache.

I want to enjoy it, and once we kick it off next Fri night I am sure I will. Having all of our friends and family around to celebrate him is worth it in the end, even if getting there is killing me.

Haven, he is GREAT if he tries. Unfortunately I am like a drill leader right now, having to fight him on everything from getting a hair cut to being fitted for his suits to practicing his stuff so even though I know he knows it he LOOKS like it up there Saturday night.

And fighting with hubby as these horrendous bills have come in, when I am guilty of not having asked for any pricing and had to ADMIT that to my very organized hubby, has been no fun either. I committed to a path, and things became pricier as time passed, but you cannot be sort of pregnant. So, here I am, annoyed with my son for being sort of lax, (though I KNOW he will do well I feel it should not be so tough to get to that night) and worried about all the moving parts as was mentioned....so much can go wrong with an event of this scale.

DEEP BREATHS!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

Everything will be fine honey, just take deep breaths like you said. Next week you can enjoy it all..... and.... you can see your..... mother-in-law
9.gif
. I just had to say that you know!!!!!!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOHH LINDA YOU NAUGHTY GIRL!

You HAD to mention the M word.

Hope the migraine I have NOW will not last till then!

Hubby did buy me some lovely yellow gold paved diamond hoops, large and oval shaped, as a thank you for all my work. That was before the bills came today ha ha, but really, he is very appreciative. And thankfully knew enough not to butt into details and just do his stuff.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

That was so thoughtful of your hubby. He probably knew what you are headed for with his mother too, ha ha ha ha.

Wish you could post pictures of your new earrings. I would love to see them.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might do that, but without Kaleigh and her camera mastery I am stuck til we get together.

They are quite lovely, I am building my yellow gold wardrobe slowly and really like them. The pave is very sparkly and the diamonds pop, and the oval shape is a bit unusual. They also look great with the pave trinity ring too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2008 12:11:49 AM
Author: diamondfan
OOOOHH LINDA YOU NAUGHTY GIRL!

You HAD to mention the M word.

Hope the migraine I have NOW will not last till then!

Hubby did buy me some lovely yellow gold paved diamond hoops, large and oval shaped, as a thank you for all my work. That was before the bills came today ha ha, but really, he is very appreciative. And thankfully knew enough not to butt into details and just do his stuff.
You deserve them dear.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
DF - I am sure every thing will work out and it will be a beautiful event, and your son will shine . All the WORK ,wonderful selections and plans you have made will not be in vain! Try to relax ( have you ever tried relaxation dvd''s ) ? They usually help me. I know this is easier said then done. My wedding is two weeks away and I get a little panic attack and my heart starts beating a bit fast. I try to remember what the day is about, and all my family will be by my side.

Enjoy !

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I know you don''t know me DFan but I live in the Philly area and I LOVE party planning and the execution of the events. I''ve always maintained that if I wasn''t an engineer I would be an event planner.
9.gif

If you need help at all I''d be more than happy to assist you. Running errands, setting stuff up, whatever you need.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Dfan, if you don''t mind me asking, what happens at a Bar Mitzvah? I have a very bare bones understanding, and would love to know more if you have the time to explain.

(All I know/think I know is that it''s a boy''s 13th birthday, when he becomes a man - at least in the eyes of Judaism - but I don''t know any of the actual history or practice of it. Honestly, I kind of thought it was a big party and didn''t even think that there would be something in the Temple, though it seems silly not to have realized that.)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I want to add that if this is against forum policies (it's about religion, but more about the actual ritual) feel free to tell me to Wikipedia it!

ETA: Okay, just to be safe, I'm off to Wiki land.

ETA again and then I promise I'll stop taking up this thread!: Wow. This is so cool! I don't know how I got the impression that I did, but this is such an interesting ritual. I like the idea that a person becomes accountable for following the law while still around their parents for guidance.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG Caroline I am so excited for you. You have put so much time and energy and devotion into this event. I just know that it will all be worth it in the end. Your son has dedicated so much time and energy as well and I think that both you will be so proud of the other when this is over.

I can''t wait to hear about it after it is over.
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hang in there, DFan!!! This party is going to be amazing! I know events like these do tend to bring on a ton of stress unfortunately, but it will all be worth it in the end..Just try to enjoy it!!!!! Good luck!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results