shape
carat
color
clarity

SS Big Blue ring has arrived

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on a lovely setting for a lovely stone!

mz

ps and not a single halo in your lovely collection! nicely done all around!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, that colour is unbelievable!!!! Congrats on that lovely find!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow! That is a great color!

C

celine

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

I love Big Blue!!!! And also the spinel!!!!!
30.gif

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Um... WOW! Can I have it? LOL!!!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you have an awesome collection in terms of quality and quantity. Every single piece of jewellery looks so beautiful!
30.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 9:16:47 PM
Author: sleepyspinel
Here is a group picture of the collection to date... I feel something orange is in order next
11.gif

Your collection is gorgeous! And your photography is really awesome as well. The yellow stone in the wrap setting, could you tell me the mm size of that stone? I was thinking about a similar setting for a 7mm stone and the only pictures I''ve seen have been for 3-4 mm stones.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Laila619, chiquitapet, Maevie, oddoneout, MAC-W, Lovinggems, Bella_mezzo, Movie Zombie, LaurenThePartier, blackberry16, celine, soberguy... my sapphire and spinel thank you very much for all the nice compliments you''ve sent their way, hopefully it doesn''t go to their heads heheh

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I will try to see if I can''t dig up some pics of the pendent otherwise I''ll have to crack out my new camera to see if I can get better shots
31.gif
Gotta love the weekends!

Date: 5/8/2010 9:17:59 PM
Author: StonieGrl
That color is truly amazing, so beautiful and unique. I think the settings look great, nice work between you and Michael E. Cool pendant, if you have the chance a few more of the pendant?

Great looking jools, you have three really fantastic pieces there.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
TL, are you kidding me?!? Your picture taking ability has grown so much since we first "met"! I know certain colors like Chromium rich emeralds have been giving you some trouble, but it seems to be a problem for everyone. In some sense everytime you take a new better photo of all your beautiful rings, its like I and others on PS get to see them again for the "first" time :) Thanks for your kind words
12.gif

Date: 5/8/2010 10:54:00 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Sleepy,
What an awesome collection you have and such nice crisp clear photos (unline mine
emembarrassed.gif
)

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I was debating between these two...

DSCF1344.jpg

DSCF1466v.jpg

You can read more about them here if you have the time :)

Date: 5/9/2010 6:21:24 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 5/8/2010 9:16:47 PM
Here is a group picture of the collection to date... I feel something orange is in order next
11.gif
Orange? :)

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Well comparing my spinel to a ruby is one of the highest compliments I could imagine! Thanks so much!

Date: 5/9/2010 8:33:06 AM
Author: Pink Tower
Your ring is spectacular. I just love the first photo.
I don't know if I like your spinel or sapphire more. I know it is a spinel, but I think it looks more rubylike than many rubies from the photos.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MtG :) I love the mints but I was hoping to snag something a bit...*BIGGER* and more intense
11.gif

Date: 5/9/2010 9:22:07 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Amazing collection!!

Orange eh? So you aren''t setting the mint garnets any time soon? Sniffle...

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Chrono, you are too kind! It would be a real blast to do a combined collection photoshoot, as I admire your jewels a great deal as well!

Date: 5/10/2010 11:28:02 AM
Author: Chrono
Wow, you have an awesome collection in terms of quality and quantity. Every single piece of jewellery looks so beautiful!
30.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kismet, thanks for the nice words about my pictures. It takes quite a bit of time to get everything just right, the light, focus, a steady hand(s), and even then its a bit of a crap shoot!

As far as the semi-bezel setting, it is a Richard Krementz piece that was designed to hold a 1ct RB diamond and therefore it holds a stone with a 6.5mm diameter. For your reference, its 18kt yellow and plat, euroshanked, size 6 3/4. Most of the other rings in the group photo are size 7, if that helps you visualize what you are looking for!

Date: 5/10/2010 11:34:01 AM
Author: Kismet

Your collection is gorgeous! And your photography is really awesome as well. The yellow stone in the wrap setting, could you tell me the mm size of that stone? I was thinking about a similar setting for a 7mm stone and the only pictures I''ve seen have been for 3-4 mm stones.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2010 6:57:44 PM
Aww thanks. For me part of the fun of this hobby is sharing pictures and information and general good times with other gemstone fans and I am only too happy to do so!

Date: 5/8/2010 5:48:26 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
I just LOVE that color!!
36.gif

Great photos...

and I really appreciate you telling us where your bought the stone and what jeweler you used. That really helps all of us alot.

What color did Simply Sapphires call this stone??
When I asked John from Simply Sapphires about the color he described it as ''descibe the color as medium light violet blue with a moderate saturation of color (kind of like a medium colored tanzanite)''. And I tend to agree with his description.
THANKS. I really like the color of Tanzanite, just not the delicate nature of it, so that makes sense. GREAT stone you got.
9.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O.M.GEEEEEEEEE
23.gif
oooo that trillion! That round! I''m in orange heaven!!
30.gif

-A

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I am leaning towards the trillion but the round is also hard to pass up as to which to set first! Choices, choices
12.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful sapphire! I am sure you get remarks all the time. Love your sleepy spinel as well - it just glows!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Your sapphire and spinel are breathtaking.... you could easily spend hours gazing into their beautiful intense colour...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d do the trillion first; the shape, colour and facet design is going to lend itself into an awesome ring if you chose to go that route.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I know that more people seem to like the round but yes deep down, the trillion is the lead contender for my next project... also likely a ring... I am thinking white and rose gold.

I am open for suggestions!

Date: 5/12/2010 8:02:09 AM
Author: Chrono
I’d do the trillion first; the shape, colour and facet design is going to lend itself into an awesome ring if you chose to go that route.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do believe that Platinum Rock did a spess with rose gold. I don''t know if it was 14 or 18K but the ring was really gorgeous!

-A

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
This is just such a fabulous, tropical, dreamy, drool worthy blue SS!
I really like your originality on the setting too - enjoy your wonderful ring!
36.gif
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the photo of all your rings on your hand. Out of all of those lovely rings I still prefer the new blue. The Richard K ring is cool though.
9.gif

Now if you go and buy an ORANGE, well that may be another amazing stone.
21.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Yingh! My friends and family seem to notice it no problem heheh. I think that the spinel is still one of my most favored stones in the collection... though I am having a bit of orange envy with your excellent Concave spessie
18.gif

Date: 5/12/2010 12:05:24 AM
Author: yingh
What a beautiful sapphire! I am sure you get remarks all the time. Love your sleepy spinel as well - it just glows!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks arjunajane! The setting really took some work since the stone is soooo deep... 7.5mm, quite the challenge but I was determined and so was Michael E :)

Date: 5/15/2010 2:54:06 AM
Author: arjunajane
This is just such a fabulous, tropical, dreamy, drool worthy blue SS!
I really like your originality on the setting too - enjoy your wonderful ring!
36.gif
30.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Well I 3 orange stones, with the trillion probably being the first at bat... I just have to figure out a clear design and save up the pennies to have to brought into being
11.gif

Date: 5/15/2010 9:47:28 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Thanks for posting the photo of all your rings on your hand. Out of all of those lovely rings I still prefer the new blue. The Richard K ring is cool though.
9.gif

Now if you go and buy an ORANGE, well that may be another amazing stone.
21.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
For those of you working with Michael E, I thought it might be helpful to share the CAD and compare it to the final product... I think the finishing touches he put on the the actual ring made it even better!

First off here is the final CAD

squared_pierced.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
a side view photograph provided by Michael

SSblueside.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results