shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your colors of the Rainbow! (Including poll)

What rainbow colors do you have (more options possible)

• Red

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • Green

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 66 62.3%
  • Indigo

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Violet

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I have all the colors of the Rainbow in my collection

Votes: 34 32.1%

• Total voters

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More rainbow a la Sparkliesluver

_34440.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you for posting on my behalf, Acinom. It's much appreciated. :)

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
This rainbow isn't mine, but it could be yours. H. Stern, to be sold by Heritage Auctions, est. $10,000-$15,000.
I just love that it is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, almost indigo and violet.

multi-stone-gold-necklace-h.jpg

The necklace features rectangular-shaped amethyst weighing a total of approximately 12.70 carats, blue topaz weighing a total of approximately 16.65 carats, tourmaline weighing a total of approximately 14.90 carats, peridot weighing a total of approximately 23.30 carats, citrine weighing a total of approximately 19.55 carats, and garnets weighing a total of approximately 12.35 carats, set in 18k gold.(I originally posted it in error on the "show your paraiba" thread.)

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have really enjoyed this thread. It has been great seeing everyone’s beautiful gems and jewelry! Thank you for starting it Acinom. :appl:

Here is my rainbow from left to right: rubellite tourmaline, dravite tourmaline, green tourmaline, jade, sapphire, sapphire cab, aquamarine cab, electric blue topaz, amethyst cab, Arizona “Four Peaks” amethyst, and another amethyst.

img_9361.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mtsapphirelovingannie|1442539834|3929054 said:
I have really enjoyed this thread. It has been great seeing everyone’s beautiful gems and jewelry! Thank you for starting it Acinom. :appl:

Here is my rainbow from left to right: rubellite tourmaline, dravite tourmaline, green tourmaline, jade, sapphire, sapphire cab, aquamarine cab, electric blue topaz, amethyst cab, Arizona “Four Peaks” amethyst, and another amethyst.

Agreed. Everyone has such lovely gems and jewlry. Your gemstones are wonderful! Love your aquamarine cab. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for reposting that gorgeous necklace Boerumbiddy
Stunning rainbow colors indeed!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mtsapphirelovingannie: I am amazed by your collection. Such fabulous colors!! Would love to see a lot more pics of your collection and in various lighting.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely rainbows, thanks for sharing!

I *think* I have found my yellow, shan't be certain until this baby is in my hand though, a Mali Garnet heart from JD, 1.75ct, 7.12x6.41x5.03 mm, mostly likely to be set with a green halo:
jdmaligarnetheart1.jpg

Still working on my orange and green.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1442657609|3929442 said:
Lovely rainbows, thanks for sharing!

I *think* I have found my yellow, shan't be certain until this baby is in my hand though, a Mali Garnet heart from JD, 1.75ct, 7.12x6.41x5.03 mm, mostly likely to be set with a green halo:
jdmaligarnetheart1.jpg

Still working on my orange and green.

What a stunning yellow based in this pic. And knowing JD, it will probably not disappoint in real life! Great choice DK.
You wanted to have an Afghan Tourmaline cut by Gene or are you now looking into other greens?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Acinom for the kind words re: the yellow heart garnet. It is difficult to tell from pics and video alone, and the yellow stones I have purchased from JD so far have not met my colour expectation. Good job they are inexpensive!

I shall approach Gene once more when I am in the position to make a significant purchase, hopefully early next year.

In the meantime, I am eyeing a couple of inexpensive ones over at Mastercutgems.

I am also eyeiing one of their orange garnets too, as well as one in TGT.

DK :naughty:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1442197167|3927401 said:
Evangeline, thank you! Your AVR ring is one of my favorite PS rings, too! :D It's gorgeous. could I ask about the amethyst on the far right? It looks almost exactly like the amethyst cushion I have from Barry! =) Do you know which stones you plan to set first? Any setting ideas yet?

Thank you so much Mochiko! That amethyst is from JD. He has had some lovely amethyst in the past months, as evidenced by DK168's fantastic collection! I love the cut of this particular one, and the colour is outstanding- very rich purple without being too dark. This is my sons' birthstone, and my H would like to design a ring for it at some point for me.

I was all set to send the larger of the two rhodolites on the other end off to DK, but some unexpected personal circumstances as well as the falling Canadian dollar have put plans indefinitely on hold. :blackeye: It doesn't show up well in my photo, but it is a lovely stone- cut by Gary Braun, a fantastic deep flashing purplish red that turns brighter magenta in the sunlight.
p1070035.jpg

Setting inspiration was this Maevona ring:
56_1_380x380_c.jpg
With elements of this vintage Tiffany one (not the pave) and double claw prongs.
xxx_303_1333401561_1.jpg

After that I have a copper tourmaline from Mastercut just begging to become a pendant, and a few others not shown clamoring for attention! Patience will be the name of the game for me though...

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Stone Hunter|1442541605|3929067 said:

Agreed. Everyone has such lovely gems and jewlry. Your gemstones are wonderful! Love your aquamarine cab. :appl:

Double agreed. :)

That aqua cab caught my eye too. Is it from Barry?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,
I certainly don't have a rainbow, but I wanted to share pics of my loose stone collection.

20150919_104442.jpg 20150919_.jpg 20150919.jpg

From left to right in the lined up pictures:
pink/red sapphire from eBay, sunstone iolite that is not showing it's colors in this pic from TGT, blue zircon from Roger Dery, Pair of maw sit sit from LT, blue/green apatite from Jim McCormick, Blue spinel from Jim McCormick, Blue tourmaline from Jason Brim, recut by Dan Stair to remove a window.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
evangeline: good luck in handling the challenges you are facing currently :wavey:

lovedogs: thanks for sharing your gorgrous partial rainbow. I especially love ALL your green, blues and green-blues. Would love to see more pics of your iolite.
Any plans to have these stones set?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs: thanks for sharing your gorgrous partial rainbow. I especially love ALL your green, blues and green-blues. Would love to see more pics of your iolite.
Any plans to have these stones set?[/quote]

Thanks, Acinom! The iolite is so gorgeous in hand, but difficult to photograph! The best pics I have are in my thread about choosing between some of Brad's options, but I'll try to get more!

I keep planning to set, but then getting distracted by wanting new loose stones :wall: so many tempting things on PS!!! But theoretically yes, I do!! My blue topaz from Doug is currently with Sally from HoW being set, so that one will have a "home" soon. I'm now coveting a gem silica after seeing Mochikos amazing ring... Must remind myself I don't need more blue stones!!!! :lol:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
lovedogs - Thanks! Yep, the sugarloaf is a blue topaz. I really like your blues and greens, especially that JB tourm!

Sungura - Thank you! The sugarloaf is a blue topaz set in a high carat yg bezel w/ silver band. It's from Etsy seller JanishJewels.

dk168 - I love your new yellow mali heart! What kind of stones are you thinking for the green halo?

Acinom -- Is the pear paraiba (the one in the double halo) yours?? It's gorgeous, like everything else in your collection. ::) I don't think I've seen it posted before. Do you have a thread on it?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs: yes the photo's in your iolite selection thread are much clearer and you can see the true beauty of the stone there!
Gem Silica indeed is truly stunning. I also love Mochiko's new ring. It's really gorgeous.
I am looking forward to see your Electric Blue topaz set!! Which design have you chosen?

blingbunny: the pear ring is gorgeous isn't it! I can only dream about a ring like that. That beauty belongs to Sparkliesluver. Here is her CS thread (she also has one in the SMTB section of this forum. I do have 2 Paraiba rings myself (see below).
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/creating-my-dream-paraiba-ring.214323/page-7']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/creating-my-dream-paraiba-ring.214323/page-7[/URL]

_34506.jpg

_34507.jpg

_34509.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blingbunny10,

I am thinking of Tsavorite melees with the yellow heart garnet.

Oh, and I need to work on finding a medium blue stone, in addition to orange and green.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK I love that heart garnet! It's gorgeous--and I think the Tsavorite melee would be a great combo with it. Can't wait to see what you decide!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1442698982|3929619 said:
lovedogs: yes the photo's in your iolite selection thread are much clearer and you can see the true beauty of the stone there!
Gem Silica indeed is truly stunning. I also love Mochiko's new ring. It's really gorgeous.
I am looking forward to see your Electric Blue topaz set!! Which design have you chosen?

blingbunny: the pear ring is gorgeous isn't it! I can only dream about a ring like that. That beauty belongs to Sparkliesluver. Here is her CS thread (she also has one in the SMTB section of this forum. I do have 2 Paraiba rings myself (see below).
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/creating-my-dream-paraiba-ring.214323/page-7']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/creating-my-dream-paraiba-ring.214323/page-7[/URL]

O.M.G. Acinom! :o

:love: :love: :love:

Your LM paraiba ring is amazing, but I also really love the different glow of the cab. Do you mind sharing whether you think up most of your ring design elements yourself, or rely more on vendor ideas? I ask because you have some big WOW pieces, but they are so elegantly and beautifully done. As a jewelry design dummy, I'm in awe (I'm always at a loss for setting ideas!).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words about my Paraiba's Blingbunny.
With some stones I just know immediately how to set it. I had that notion with the faceted Paraiba. With the cab Paraiba I had no clue and asked PS to the rescue and started a thread to collect design ideas, which is super helpful to sharpen your mind. In other cases, like with the Electric Blue Topaz, I saw an inspiration ring posted on Victor's FB and knew instantly I had to have the Electric Blue cut into a round to bring that ring into reality, instead of the Asscher that I initially planned.

PSers SEEM TO PREFER BLUES AND GREEN AS WELL AS THE RARER RED???
Looking at the poll outcome till sofar we seem to have a preference for blue/indigo as well as green. Looking at the threads, red is popular but more difficult to find as little reds are pure reds but have a hint of brown, orange or pink.
What do you think?

_34519.jpg

_34520.jpg

_34521.jpg

_34522.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink red is my favourite CS colour, and I have these in my collection before I started to dip my toes into CS properly:

My rubies:
rubyrings01.jpg

My Jeff White Rubellite:
tml110.jpg

A little sapphire from Mastercutgems:
mastercutpinksapphire1.jpg

Spinel from JD with Tsavorites:
pinkspinelwithtsavoritemelees.jpg

A garnet from Gem Earth:
gem-earth3_0.jpg

Garnets from JD:
jdrhodolitegarnet1.jpg
jdrhodolitegarnet1.jpg
jdrhodolitegarnet1_0.jpg
jdgarnet_0.jpg
jdnamangagarnet1.jpg jdnamangagarnet1_0.jpg

Ruby Jelly dots from Hong Kong, along with a 7mm amethyst and a EB Topaz:
gemstoneshk2013_01.jpg

I think I should stop collecting pink red gems for a while!

DK :bigsmile:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stonehunter, EvangelineG, and Aconom, thank you for the kind words.

The aquamarine cab is a cat's eye that I bought from Barry. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: oooh... I like!!!
It's great to see your red and red/pink rainbow stones together in one post. I love them all. Huge fan of your JW stone and even more in your own pics where the magenta color is apparant. Gorgeous!!

larryfish

Rough_Rock
The show is over!

76ce4296415fd452ebd29cf2b2bb4169.jpeg

larryfish

Rough_Rock
All naturally-formed crystals, uncut, as is found

20150920_170432.jpg

20150920_170538.jpg

larryfish

Rough_Rock
More colors!