shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally some yellow in my future - the Jeff White saga!!!!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Re: Finally some yellow in my future - the Jeff White saga!!

Acinom, I am thrilled that my zircon inspired you! I am finally having the darn thing set. It has been with my jeweler for about a year, but I keep bumping it for other projects. It is being kite set with a diamond halo in a pendant. Chrono cautioned me about having it set in a ring, but I suspect when I see yours I will wish I had!

I do believe the pics you posted from Jeff are my stone.

In any event, I cannot wait to see your massive stone! You will be thrilled with both Jeff's cutting and customer service. He is a true gentleman.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock

Acinom, you are so fast. By the way I like the 2nd option for the bypass setting.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

I haven't seen my zircon in a while, and I cannot recall the specs, but I think it must be something like the size yours will be Acinom - to give you an idea.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

I just saw the discussion on the gold colour. Initially, I had planned to set mine in yellow gold, but for some reason, my stone just didn't suit it. The yellow sort of clashed to me, so mine is being done in white gold with diamonds. I don't think you can decide on the gold until you see the stone.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Re: Finally some yellow in my future - the Jeff White saga

Acinom|1427713728|3854423 said:
missy|1427713070|3854416 said:
That's a great size!

Apparantly there is more than one option for cutting a cushion according to Jeff so I am looking forward hearing from him again soon. I love love love SapphireStyle's stone. Everything about it!! So this particular cut will probably be my choice.

If you can find my thread on my dark pink tourmaline that Jeff is cutting right now, you will see his pics of the two different cushions he cuts. I am not good at linking threads, but I think you have seen the thread before - it is pretty recent.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Finally some yellow in my future - the Jeff White saga

SapphireStyle|1427735085|3854572 said:
Acinom|1427713728|3854423 said:
missy|1427713070|3854416 said:
That's a great size!

Apparantly there is more than one option for cutting a cushion according to Jeff so I am looking forward hearing from him again soon. I love love love SapphireStyle's stone. Everything about it!! So this particular cut will probably be my choice.

If you can find my thread on my dark pink tourmaline that Jeff is cutting right now, you will see his pics of the two different cushions he cuts. I am not good at linking threads, but I think you have seen the thread before - it is pretty recent.

Here ya go: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-choosing-cut-for-jeff-white-dark-pink-tourmaline.211666/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-choosing-cut-for-jeff-white-dark-pink-tourmaline.211666/[/URL]

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Kitelover!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

shulaibaoma|1427734612|3854565 said:
Acinom, you are so fast. By the way I like the 2nd option for the bypass setting.

Thank you Shulaibaoma! I need to slow down a little now 8-)
Thank you for your vote on the non color matching sapphire ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww, so glad you found this thread SapphireStyle :wavey: I realised it had to be a Zircon when you posted your beautiful stone! Thank you for the inspiration. Yours is perfect in every respect including the size. If mine will be even half as fabulous as yours, I will be thrilled.

I indeed remember your thread now!! I love love love the chunky cut variety :love: :love: :love: :love: Is your yellow Zircon chunky cut as well? Either way, it's gorgeous.

Very wise choice to have yours set in a pendant. I will take my chances again as it will be an occasional wear ring and I am careful when I wear my rings. It's still a risk though. Your stone will look fabulous kite set in a pendant :appl: You have been postponing the project for quite some time indeed. Looking forward seeing it set!

You are right about having to see the stone first before deciding on a metal(color). I guess I will now once I see the additional photo's by DK and he will also give is recommendation.

And yes, Jeff is indeed a very charming person to work with! I can totally recommend working with him.

_28436.jpg

_28437.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for including the link LoversKites :wavey:

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

My zircon is the brilliant cut one, but I chose the chunky cut for my tourmaline.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

I am excited for you Acinom! I love your enthusiasm about your finds. :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Marlow|1427728666|3854517 said:
Danburite...

... maybe an unknown treatment and now they are very expensive ( esp. compared to the colorless material).

Marlow,

The white 17mm+ Danburite that Jeff W will be cutting for me is a lot less when compared with diamonds of the same colour, size and clarity (water-white and very clean according to Jeff)! :bigsmile:

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SapphireStyle|1427740206|3854617 said:
My zircon is the brilliant cut one, but I chose the chunky cut for my tourmaline.

Thank you for sharing my excitement and enthusiasm SapphireStyle!

And owww, no I have a huge dilemma. Based on the pics I love the chunky just a tad more but I also love love love your stone, so I am not sure whether I should change the 'golden formula'. What would you recommend for mine :confused:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168|1427741989|3854630 said:
Marlow|1427728666|3854517 said:
Danburite...

... maybe an unknown treatment and now they are very expensive ( esp. compared to the colorless material).

Marlow,

The white 17mm+ Danburite that Jeff W will be cutting for me is a lot less when compared with diamonds of the same colour, size and clarity (water-white and very clean according to Jeff)! :bigsmile:

Ah! This is so exciting DK! You are on a roll creating fabulous pieces :love:
Let's have a splurge in 2015 and go on Big Ban together in 2016. We need to get you in a fabulous tent 8-)
Looking forward to see the end result of the XL Danburite. Do you have a pic of the rough?

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

Acinom|1427742112|3854631 said:
And owww, no I have a huge dilemma. Based on the pics I love the chunky just a tad more but I also love love love your stone, so I am not sure whether I should change the 'golden formula'. What would you recommend for mine :confused:

As others suggested to me when I faced the same dilemma, you could leave it up to Jeff to decide. When I asked Jeff about my tourmaline though he said either cut would be lovely, so I just went with the one that spoke to me. Although I do lovely the chunky cut the most, I will say my zircon is incredibly sparkly, and I'm sure it is mostly because of the brilliant cut. Good luck with your decision!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1427742309|3854633 said:
Ah! This is so exciting DK! You are on a roll creating fabulous pieces :love:
Let's have a splurge in 2015 and go on Big Ban together in 2016. We need to get you in a fabulous tent 8-)
Looking forward to see the end result of the XL Danburite. Do you have a pic of the rough?

Thanks for reminding me to ask Jeff to take a pic of the rough!

If all goes according to plan, 2016 is going to be an expensive year for pearls, as I shall be travelling to LA in July 2016 to attend the annual Pearl Ruckus that usually includes a visit to PP, and I have a few things in mind already!!! :Up_to_something:

DK :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SapphireStyle|1427742653|3854636 said:

As others suggested to me when I faced the same dilemma, you could leave it up to Jeff to decide. When I asked Jeff about my tourmaline though he said either cut would be lovely, so I just went with the one that spoke to me. Although I do lovely the chunky cut the most, I will say my zircon is incredibly sparkly, and I'm sure it is mostly because of the brilliant cut. Good luck with your decision!

I was going to suggest the same, by asking Jeff for his advice, as he really knows his stuff!

Good luck with your choice of cut - whatever it may be, you can be certain it is going to be excellent!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SapphireStyle|1427742653|3854636 said:

Aww, thank you for your moral support as I am having a hard time here...
I already went through the Asscher vs cushion dilemma :roll:

_28439.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="dk168

I was going to suggest the same, by asking Jeff for his advice, as he really knows his stuff!

Good luck with your choice of cut - whatever it may be, you can be certain it is going to be excellent!

DK :))[/quote]

Thank you for the suggestion DK and SapphireStyle. I am afraid it's primarily a matter of taste and that Jeff will therefore leave it up to me to decide. Well, at least it is a fun and harmless dilemma. And I feel blessed to face such a "problem".
I wish I had more CS experience as I find it difficult to predict how this will affect the look. In regard with diamonds I definitely prefer a chunky faceting. With CS it so depends on the stone, the color, the required look...

But at least I am convinced that every outcome will indeed be fabulous :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="dk168|

Thanks for reminding me to ask Jeff to take a pic of the rough!

If all goes according to plan, 2016 is going to be an expensive year for pearls, as I shall be travelling to LA in July 2016 to attend the annual Pearl Ruckus that usually includes a visit to PP, and I have a few things in mind already!!! :Up_to_something:

DK :bigsmile:[/quote]

Yes please do and don't forget to post it here!
Oh my, you will be in pearl-trouble in 2016! Your future tent is patiently awaiting you... Until 2018 probably :lol:
Oh well, I will live a sober and wise life all by myself in 2016 then. Seems like you will not join me :twisted:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1427743336|3854643 said:
Thank you for the suggestion DK and SapphireStyle. I am afraid it's primarily a matter of taste and that Jeff will therefore leave it up to me to decide. Well, at least it is a fun and harmless dilemma. And I feel blessed to face such a "problem".
I wish I had more CS experience as I find it difficult to predict how this will affect the look. In regard with diamonds I definitely prefer a chunky faceting. With CS it so depends on the stone, the color, the required look...

But at least I am convinced that every outcome will indeed be fabulous :love:

I went through his sold gemstone galleries again, and concentrated on different cushion cuts, and came to the same conclusion as my post in SapphireStyle's thread, in that I prefer the brilliant cuts to the chunkier ones.

At the end of the day, it is down to your personal taste and preference, of course.

Flip a coin perhaps? :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1427743673|3854648 said:
Yes please do and don't forget to post it here!
Oh my, you will be in pearl-trouble in 2016! Your future tent is patiently awaiting you... Until 2018 probably :lol:
Oh well, I will live a sober and wise life all by myself in 2016 then. Seems like you will not join me :twisted:

I promise to post a pic of the rough if Jeff takes a pic for me (e-mail sent).

Fingers crossed for the job hunt for me, otherwise, all plans will go out of the window! :-o

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi DK :wavey:
That's a great idea and I just followed your footsteps. I seem to prefer the chunky cut in the cushions shown, although the brilliant cut isn't too shabby either :love:. I will let it rest for now and perhaps Jeff has some convincing arguments for one or the other 8-)

Hugs to you for finding an inspiring job soon :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1427744964|3854663 said:
Hugs to you for finding an inspiring job soon :wavey:

Thank you for your good wishes. Otherwise I'd be surviving on air alone, let alone finding spare pennies for jewellery!

DK :bigsmile:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

sap173__2_.jpg yellowmambilla_3.jpg

Acinom - Jeff cut this yellow sapphire for me a few months ago. I still don't know how I am setting it. I love it.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Caf, that is gorgeous!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:) Yaaay Acinom!! I'm so glad I can follow your journey in acquiring a magnificent collection of CS jewelry :appl: , especially since I am on a ban and trying to resist temptation by not posting/checking PS as much, sigh... :roll:

Jeff White is an amazing cutter, I would love to own an Asscher cut by him or Doug Menadue some day :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DK: some extra hugs for you. If you as passionate for your job-field as you are for camping and jewelry, I am sure the right job comes along for you. Happy and active search :wavey:

Caf: what a beautiful sapphire! It has a mesmerizing color and the cut is just amazing. What are the dimensions? This is why an Asscher from JW is on my dreamlist. How would you describe the color in real life? On my screen it looks a beautiful yellowish light green? Enjoy your lovely stone :love:

Pregcurious: I completely agree :appl:

Mochiko: thank you for chiming in!!! I need to go on a ban (a BIG ban) as well; I will follow your footsteps eventually :twisted:
You have acquired some beautiful pieces so at least you can enjoy wearing them.
I was thinking about your amazing collection yesterday. I was thiking about creating a thread for fabulous CS jewelry for 1250 dollar or less and was again inspired by your Bling on a Budget thread!!!
Thank you for following my journey towards yellow :wavey:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DK, wishing you lots of PS dust in your job hunt!! :)

Acinom, I like that idea.. There's a show me your ring under $5k in the SMTB forum, it would be nice to have a similar thread in CS to inspire those of us who love colour but are on tight budgets! :) I am soo glad I can live vicariously through you on PS, otherwise I'd be in trouble for sure!! As it is I am only considering setting my current loose stones, and perhaps looking into acquiring a few cabs this year (gem silica, black opal) unless I find my dream Paraiba!

Caf, that sapphire is gorgeous!! Jeff cuts a mean Asscher. Is the color in the photo accurate? It's showing up as an interesting, almost lemon with a bit of green on my computer, almost like a chryso! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results