clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

SB621

Ideal_Rock
love that aqua halo!
9.gif

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
After seeing so many beautiful rings I decided to post one I had made for myself out of an engagement ring setting. The center stone is a Ruby (My birthstone) and the 2 side stones are of course diamonds! :)

oct29 011.JPG

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Lots of stunning additions: TL''s cuprian takes my breath away, Arcadian''s parade of lovely & yummy pieces is such a treat, Freke''s rings are so unique & very pretty
30.gif

More more more!
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I ever posted this on this thread, but I Love this ring. It''s my sassy statement piece since most of my other jewelery is very simple and understated.

It''s two tone gold, diamonds, and pink tourmaline, hand made and hand engraved.
mtgflamering.JPG

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring MTG I hope you won''t mind if I steal some of your design ideas hehehe
11.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Such a lovely piece MTG. It''s so unique & very artistic. Great design.
36.gif

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
Wow such wonderful rings! I love them all!!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 8:51:25 AM
Author: knitwit
Here''s my Aqua E-ring

I know this is from a while back, but
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The many different faces of my green diamond. 1.5ct

TLfacesofsybil.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A horrible terrible fuzzy picture of my new precision cut Nigerian rubellite. Well, at least you get the idea about the color!! More pics to follow at a later time! It has blue in it as a secondary color and is eye clean and sparkles. No color shift on this one - it stays hot pink.

1.5 carats and 7.3mm.

TLprecisioncutrubellite.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 10:50:49 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
The many different faces of my green diamond. 1.5ct
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 12:42:53 AM
Author: peterspixie
After seeing so many beautiful rings I decided to post one I had made for myself out of an engagement ring setting. The center stone is a Ruby (My birthstone) and the 2 side stones are of course diamonds! :)

Lovely ring! You should post this in the rubies thread as well!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m now done for the year ( I think
27.gif
)

At any rate, these are all the rings from 2009. I have to do something else next year, I don''t have a lot of fingers left.

-A

P1000877120309.jpg

seadancer1

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I am a new member and have spent a lot of pleasurable hours browsing through the gorgeous gems and rings posted on the site. I love gemstones, but I am more into antique rings than modern.....and with a champagne taste, but beer pocket dont own a great deal to drool over...lol.
My best ever buy was an antique 22kt gold ring set with a padparadscha sapphire...an all natural stone..... not treated as is many of to-days padparadshas. It was sold to me inexpensivly as a garnet, which I knew immediatly it wasnt, and had it tested to confirm this. Unfortunately, the setting it was in was so tiny that even with sizing it would never fit me, so I had it re-set into a mount I had bought from a friend who had lost the central diamond from it. So here is my contribution to the forum, hope you like it
28.gif
the first photo is the ring as I bought it.

d2_1_s ring3.jpg

seadancer1

Rough_Rock
And this it in its new setting.
1.gif

1161631imguo1.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2009 2:39:41 PM
Author: seadancer1
And this it in its new setting.
1.gif
welcome to PS, this is a beautiful Setting and beautiful Pad, could you share more pictures and info spec, size in its own thread?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taken with indirect natural light pouring in my house on a cloudy day. The many faces of my 1.5 carat spinel

TLspineldaylightcollage.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Under 100% artificial light. The stone isn't extinct, it's just my head shadow. I love the blue sparks.

TLspinelnight.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From further away to get a better perspective on the nighttime indoor color.

TLspinelfarawayindoors.JPG

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 10:31:08 PM
Oh gosh TL, I sooo love this shot. I''m being mesmerized & hynotized by your lavender spinel. It''s a real treasure.
30.gif
Can''t wait to see it on a gorgeous setting. Is that the one you bought from SLM or from another vendor? ebay? ...come on, spill the beans ehe
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2009 9:52:14 PM
Author: blithesome71

Oh gosh TL, I sooo love this shot. I''m being mesmerized & hynotized by your lavender spinel. It''s a real treasure.
30.gif
Can''t wait to see it on a gorgeous setting. Is that the one you bought from SLM or from another vendor? ebay? ...come on, spill the beans ehe
31.gif
I did get it from a reputable ebay seller, but I rather not say where. Once you tell PS your source, there''s nothing left for you to buy!! LOL!!
11.gif
Thanks for the kind words, but I rather keep this seller to myself for the time being. BTW, who is SLM?

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 9:27:18 PM

30.gif
31.gif
I did get it from a reputable ebay seller, but I rather not say where. Once you tell PS your source, there''s nothing left for you to buy!! LOL!!
11.gif
Thanks for the kind words, but I rather keep this seller to myself for the time being. BTW, who is SLM?
hehehe
1.gif
It''s ok, but I honestly admire your ebay finds. They''re gorgeous... Hmmm, is S.L.M the initials from where you bought that spinel?
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2009 10:35:52 PM

Date: 12/19/2009 9:27:18 PM

30.gif
31.gif
11.gif
hehehe
1.gif
It''s ok, but I honestly admire your ebay finds. They''re gorgeous... Hmmm, is S.L.M the initials from where you bought that spinel?
31.gif
Thanks Blithsome, and for understanding!! No, it''s not SLM, but now I want to know who SLM is!!
33.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Ah ok. SLM is Sri Lanka Mall...
1.gif

& I thought you bought it from him. I''m eyeing one spinel from him but still thinking if i should get it or not. By the way, remember the blue spinel that I bought from ebay for $58? I''ve received it. Argh, it''s a bit dark and similar to a dark indicolite. Was planning to send it back but was surprised ''cos my mom loves it. She even asked me if she could have it for herself
5.gif
. So there. Anyways, I''ll hope to find out some nice vendors & items from ebay just like you.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2009 11:19:53 PM
Ah ok. SLM is Sri Lanka Mall...
1.gif

& I thought you bought it from him. I'm eyeing one spinel from him but still thinking if i should get it or not. By the way, remember the blue spinel that I bought from ebay for $58? I've received it. Argh, it's a bit dark and similar to a dark indicolite. Was planning to send it back but was surprised 'cos my mom loves it. She even asked me if she could have it for herself
5.gif
. So there. Anyways, I'll hope to find out some nice vendors & items from ebay just like you.

OOooooh!!! I do buy from him, but he doesn't have this quality, from what I've seen. With SLM, try to find the absolute lightest color you can find in a given spinel, and look at it through the pavillion, and find ones with the least amount of grey when viewing through the pavillion. I like that he shows pavillion shots on many of his stones. I have one very pretty stone from him, and a couple of violet ones that are pretty for what I paid. Sorry about your bad experience. I once returned a stone to him and I had no problems whatsoever, prompt refund too.

Spinels, for some odd reason, always look lighter in photos that IRL, in my experience.

Even though this one has an obvious inclusion, it's well cut, a decent size (over a carat), and the color seems to be better than most of his other ones (less grey).

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-30CT-100-Natural-Amazing-Glow-Pink-Spinel-09041058_W0QQitemZ370306378007QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5637fae917

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Cool, thanks for that useful tips TL. That spinel you posted looks nice despite its inclusion. I''ve added it to my ebay Watch list hehe
1.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Finally, here''s the RL photos of my Metamict Green Zircon (8.5mm from GemLine)
5.gif

M_Zircon_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results