shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

OTL, great rings. Do you have a thread on the emerald?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

OTL, great rings. Do you have a thread on the emerald?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL those are all amazing!! I especially adore the pave on the halo with the tsav. Such great setting choices :appl: :love:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

OTL. I love love the group shot of green. They are all spectacular as I would expect but that demantoid is really speaking to me. Did you share another photo of that somewhere? If not then please post another!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooh! Gorgeous trio of Greens!!
Please share more pics OTL. Love your taste in jewelry.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Sungura|1453523356|3980088 said:
OTL. I love love the group shot of green. They are all spectacular as I would expect but that demantoid is really speaking to me. Did you share another photo of that somewhere? If not then please post another!!
Thank you! I will try taking more pictures of it, I only snapped a group shot quickly.
Acinom said:
Oooh! Gorgeous trio of Greens!!
Please share more pics OTL. Love your taste in jewelry.
Thank you! Love all your rings too!
woofmama said:
OTL|1453497530|3979883 said:
three green stones, received them last year. Took me so long to share them :)
tsavorite recut by Jerry from 1.6ct to 1.3ct, it is as bright and shiny as tsavorite can be and holds its beauty compare to my Gene tsavy so I set it in PT and a big halo, you have seen the emerald before, small demantoid I obtained a few years ago in custom 18k WG setting. I copied diamondzone's style but didn't purchase from them.

Spectacular rings! That tsav is really beautiful. I love how you've set it. Love the emerald as well :love:
lovedogs said:
OTL those are all amazing!! I especially adore the pave on the halo with the tsav. Such great setting choices :appl: :love:
lilmosun said:
wow...I will be dreaming green from your pictures OTL :love: :love:
Thank you for the nice comments!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow! OTL your three green rings are stunningly beautiful. I would love to have any of them but I especially like the traditional Emerald one with the baguette diamonds. Lovely! How do you choose which one to wear?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Hounddog|1453570125|3980290 said:
Wow! OTL your three green rings are stunningly beautiful. I would love to have any of them but I especially like the traditional Emerald one with the baguette diamonds. Lovely! How do you choose which one to wear?

Actually I'm not wearing any rings lately...I just had a new born baby and with the current hand washing needs/increased finger size, these are getting uncomfortable to wear all the time. :oops:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL|1453579921|3980377 said:

Actually I'm not wearing any rings lately...I just had a new born baby and with the current hand washing needs/increased finger size, these are getting uncomfortable to wear all the time. :oops:

Congratulations! How exciting - a baby is the best project of all! A boy or girl?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1453582949|3980393 said:

Congratulations! How exciting - a baby is the best project of all! A boy or girl?

Congratulations OTL, gorgeous rings and gorgeous baby. All the best to you. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooh!!!
Congrats OTL!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for sharing the wonderful news OTL!! Congratulations

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Congratulations OTL, that's wonderful...I hope you're managing to get some sleep!
At least you can appreciate them for now and look forward to wearing them soon :dance:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you all! It is life changing moment, and I am very happy getting used to no sleeping :D

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations, and thx for the link!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

littlegnome|1453077776|3977314 said:
Here's my sapphire! Absolutely beautiful, I have NO idea how to set it. Maybe an E/W rose gold bezel?
image_347.jpg
image_348.jpg
image_349.jpg

Forgive my photos, I'm new at this!

So lovely!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've just received a couple new tourmalines, from Jason Brim.

One is a 3.03ct light green / minty color. Dimensions: 8.7 x 7.9 x 6
image_4208.jpg

The other is a 2.3ct darker green blue (a bit more green at the edges)
image_4209.jpg

I'm also adding in a shot of them together (along with the teal tourmaline I got recently). Boy, oh boy, was it tough to get a shot that flattered all of them (honestly, my teal tourmaline is a little underwhelming in this picture). :-o
image_4210.jpg

I haven't decided if I want to keep both of the new ones. I really want to start setting some stuff this year so I am trying to be more discerning. I like the minty green but feel like it can wash out a bit in some lighting. The darker green has such fun color (and who doesn't love the shape) but there are some inclusions, in one corner, that I'm not sure about.

arabella

Shiny_Rock

elle_71125 I love your tourmalines!! Did you decide to keep them?

I have two new acquisitions. A 2.57ct tanzanite from Precision Gem, 8.5x6.7 and a 1.8ct seafoam tourmaline from Jeff White, 7x7.
78de2aac4ab73fc31f02e26000bd76f5.jpg
802c1a4dd8e8bd8ec81b8e6860147e40.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing stones Arabella! Fabulous colour and cutting.
Any ideas on how you will set your stones?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

I love the sea foam tourmaline Arabella, the Tanzanite is also beautiful.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arabella, on some serious reflection, I am pretty sure I'll be sending back the green tourmaline (emerald cut). It's really beautiful but I'm not in love with it so back it goes (I'm trying to get some gems set this year otherwise I would be keeping it).

I love both your new gems but that tourmaline...wowza! :love:
The color is gorgeous. Did you have that done as a custom piece?

picante27

Shiny_Rock

Arabella, your new stones are gorgeous!

eos512

Shiny_Rock

arabella|1454125554|3983895 said:
elle_71125 I love your tourmalines!! Did you decide to keep them?

I have two new acquisitions. A 2.57ct tanzanite from Precision Gem, 8.5x6.7 and a 1.8ct seafoam tourmaline from Jeff White, 7x7.
wow so lovley. I have asked Jeff about these seafoam materials before. I decided to pass because I thought they are a bit faint to me. But now after seeing your picture, I am so regretful! I should have taken one of those.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arabella - love the color play on both the tourmaline and tanzi :love:

arabella

Shiny_Rock

Thank you everyone for the nice words!!

Acinom, I'm not sure yet on setting. I'm not in any rush...I'm having fun checking things off my list for the time being. I have plenty of ideas though!!

elle_71125|1454161712|3984075 said:
Arabella, on some serious reflection, I am pretty sure I'll be sending back the green tourmaline (emerald cut). It's really beautiful but I'm not in love with it so back it goes (I'm trying to get some gems set this year otherwise I would be keeping it).

I love both your new gems but that tourmaline...wowza! :love:
The color is gorgeous. Did you have that done as a custom piece?

I understand about thinking a stone is beautiful but not loving it enough to keep it... It's a hard decision! I did custom order the tourmaline. At the time I ordered it I was having a difficult time finding the color I had in mind, and Jeff got back to me with pretty much the exact color I wanted, so obviously I had to say yes :angel:

eos512 said:
wow so lovley. I have asked Jeff about these seafoam materials before. I decided to pass because I thought they are a bit faint to me. But now after seeing your picture, I am so regretful! I should have taken one of those.

I know exactly what you mean. I did have some worry that it was going to be too light/not saturated enough, but I was pleasantly surprised when I got it. Obviously indirect sunlight is where it looks the best, but even in very diffused sunlight it still looks nice. It can wash out a bit sometimes, but it is always very pretty. Maybe he still has some more rough... :angel:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Elle- pretty gems! Your teal makes me swoon.

Arabella, your new gems are lovely. The mint appears to be so lively and bright, the tanzanite is lovely. Great size, and I think, a gorgeous color and cut! I am coveting a tanzanite but it will be a while before I could take the plunge.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the color of the tanzanite in the outside, indirect bright light photo. Wow, just wow. That is one of those colors that's like chocolate to me - no matter how much I already have, I want more every time I see it... :cheeky:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Arabella, those are both lovely stones. Would you consider rose gold for the tanzanite? It would help bring out the blue in it.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

minousbijoux said:
I love the color of the tanzanite in the outside, indirect bright light photo. Wow, just wow. That is one of those colors that's like chocolate to me - no matter how much I already have, I want more every time I see it... :cheeky:

Oh yes-- same here!! I wish it looked like that all of the time, but the color it shifts to inside is very pretty to me too.

b31a8005be2225c3c87179cee407aa1a.jpg

pregcurious, yes, I was thinking rose gold for whenever it comes time to set this one [emoji4]

apacherose, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results