shape
carat
color
clarity

a YELLOW thread

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All yellows are welcome in this thread, be it pale, sunny or any shade in between. Who care about modifiers as long as there is some yellow in it, it counts. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here is a "family shot" and the best I can do right now. This picture was taken several years ago, and is missing two cut by Roger Dery, including my neon one. They were busy at the bank that day :blackeye:

I'll just add that one of the reasons I love chrysos is that they show off excellent cutting.

3-22-13_chryso_family_reunion_preview.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1363886837|3410412 said:
So here is a "family shot" and the best I can do right now. This picture was taken several years ago, and is missing two cut by Roger Dery, including my neon one. They were busy at the bank that day :blackeye:

I'll just add that one of the reasons I love chrysos is that they show off excellent cutting.

Really beautiful collection Minous, and it reminds me that at the Grainger Hall of Gems at the Field Museum of Chicago, they have a Chrysoberyl collection which looks blah and ugly. There are so many people here with gems worthy or better than what a museum has.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet lemon yellow (with a tinge of green) chrysoberyl from Gary Braun. I'm going to set this in yellow gold someday to show off the yellow =)

img_0331a.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I found this at a resale shop. They said it was a chrysoberyl. I bought because, I like the cut of the stone and the pink gold band :) Sorry about photos, all I had was my iPhone.

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1363902716.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1363902731.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1363902744.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1363902759.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmed One,
That is an incredibly sweet ring! :love: If you don't mind, it's going into my inspiration folder for future use.

This thread is over-run by chrysoberyls but I'm not complaining. :halo:

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I love seeing everyone's yellow stones.. I have a 5.98 ct. yellow sapphire from Gary Braun that I bought about two years ago and am finally getting around to setting. It is off in California right now going into an "Alishan" setting. I only have Gary's pictures. Mine are always bad so I didn't even bother taking one. I was happy because it is untreated.The color of his pic is the color I see.

yellowsapphire2onhand.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, Thank You! That means a lot coming from you. I have been second guessing my impulse buy, but just had to have it. So it feels good to hear someone else likes it :). Oh and I don't mind at all.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Cind11|1363905396|3410641 said:
I love seeing everyone's yellow stones.. I have a 5.98 ct. yellow sapphire from Gary Braun that I bought about two years ago and am finally getting around to setting. It is off in California right now going into an "Alishan" setting. I only have Gary's pictures. Mine are always bad so I didn't even bother taking one. I was happy because it is untreated.The color of his pic is the color I see.

Jealous!!!! I "thought" I bought an untreated yellow sapphire..... but no.... :nono:

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
colorluvr|1363908163|3410674 said:
Cind11|1363905396|3410641 said:

Jealous!!!! I "thought" I bought an untreated yellow sapphire..... but no.... :nono:

I was fortunate to get an AGL report with my stone. I don't remember any thread about a sapphire you bought. What happened?

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree, that is a gorgeous ring, charmed one. I love that the center stone isn't, umm, centered!

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love that big square cushion, minou (and wouldn't mind a solo shot of it...). Is it a Roger Dery stone?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such gorgeous stones! Cind11, I know your sapphire well, and have admired it many a time on the Finewater site. I hope you'll post lots of pictures when you set it!

I'll throw my latest chryso in here too, since we're okay with modifiers. :)

img_4819.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
NKOTB|1363912424|3410724 said:
Such gorgeous stones! Cind11, I know your sapphire well, and have admired it many a time on the Finewater site. I hope you'll post lots of pictures when you set it!

Thaaks! I take terrible photos but I will try. Your chrysoberyl is a very happy color. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, where to start?!! Amazing stones! Charmed, that ring is super. You obviously have a well trained eye to have found that because you know rings like that are not just lying around! :lol: It looks like its very well cut too - and that's what I love about them - they really show off when well cut.

NKOTB: you've probably already said, but when and where did you get that lovely? It is neony in its own right!

Cind11: AMAZING sapphire! (oh sorry, forgot to use my inside voice). Really beautiful cutting. Some day I too, will have a gorgeous asscher.

Colorluvr, another lovely chryso - they are so beautiful; its so hard to believe how under the radar they are!

CC: that cushion, along with several decent spinels and sapphires, I got from someone with two stores on ebay - Srilankamall, and colorful_gems or something like that. It was another one of TL's great recommendations (she has never steered me wrong). At the time, they were a great resource for well cut, good quality (if you were discriminating in selecting), and very inexpensive stones. I haven't shopped there in a few years so I don't know what they have now.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much ladies for all your wonderful comments. The gems on this thread are so beautiful. I'm loving all of them. Cind11, that asscher is just delicious. OMG!!!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1363935677|3410932 said:
Wow, where to start?!! Amazing stones! Charmed, that ring is super. You obviously have a well trained eye to have found that because you know rings like that are not just lying around! :lol: It looks like its very well cut too - and that's what I love about them - they really show off when well cut.

NKOTB: you've probably already said, but when and where did you get that lovely? It is neony in its own right!

Cind11: AMAZING sapphire! (oh sorry, forgot to use my inside voice). Really beautiful cutting. Some day I too, will have a gorgeous asscher.

Colorluvr, another lovely chryso - they are so beautiful; its so hard to believe how under the radar they are!

CC: that cushion, along with several decent spinels and sapphires, I got from someone with two stores on ebay - Srilankamall, and colorful_gems or something like that. It was another one of TL's great recommendations (she has never steered me wrong). At the time, they were a great resource for well cut, good quality (if you were discriminating in selecting), and very inexpensive stones. I haven't shopped there in a few years so I don't know what they have now.

Thank you Minous!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
CharmedOne|1363956999|3410984 said:
Thank you so much ladies for all your wonderful comments. The gems on this thread are so beautiful. I'm loving all of them. Cind11, that asscher is just delicious. OMG!!!

Thank you CharmedOne! You were very lucky to pick up that beautiful ring!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Cind11. I think it's a keeper now :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm really loving all the Chrysos! I think I may need to get one or two. :lol: Here's my FLY ring......

cmsflyring047.jpg

globalmujer

Rough_Rock
I am loving this thread!! Keep the pics coming...never considered other gems... These yellow garnets are gorgeous...tourmalines too...who is Gene that cuts these stones?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene is Precision gem. If you refer to the pinned thread at the top of this page where it discusses all the vetted vendors, Gene is on the list, as are many other excellent precision cutters. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
CharmedOne|1363902813|3410594 said:
I found this at a resale shop. They said it was a chrysoberyl. I bought because, I like the cut of the stone and the pink gold band :) Sorry about photos, all I had was my iPhone.
Great setting!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1363804376|3409716 said:
IK: and what is your yellow?

Chrono: I love the dispersion in your chrysoberyl, as it makes it look perfectly two-toned.
Just catching up to the yellow thread! It's a sapphire. It's being set this week.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you IK! Your daughter is adorable :)

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
NKOTB|1363912424|3410724 said:

Yowza! I love this one. Color, cut... everything about it.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
My yellow sapphire. Very large. Not sure exactly. Between 6 & 7 cts.

_27577.jpg

_27578.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1364154220|3412408 said:
Wow, I'm really loving all the Chrysos! I think I may need to get one or two. :lol: Here's my FLY ring......

I never get tired of your FLY Catmom. Pure gorgeousness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results