shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Three Wedding Goals...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been saying the entire time I''ve been planning my wedding that I have three goals for my wedding day, and the rest be damned when it comes down to it. For giggles, I''m interested to see what were the areas that you absolutely HAD to make sure happened...no ifs ands or buts. It can be a certain style of dress, decor, menu, song, guest attendance, whatever. So what are the areas where you would be hard pressed to budge?

My three wedding day goals are:

1. To say something personal before we do our formal wedding vows.
2. To have a first dance with my husband.
3. To eat my wedding meal (sounds stupid, I know, but I know so many gals who said they didn''t have time to eat their wedding meal. I think I just want to have a good time and focus and me and my husband rather than logistics is my point.

Yours?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
in no order in particular

1- to be IN THE MOMENT. i sometimes struggle with this. i know it sounds silly, but i want to be in it. all of it. not worried what people think. just me and him that''s all i want to matter. i hope that i''m not stressed because i stressed before hand with the planning. i don''t want to know if some (hopefully little) things go wrong. i don''t care- or i don''t want to care...

2- not to have the generic wedding. to have a well thought out, it''s in the details wedding. it''s the little things that matter to me. i don''t want to have someone else''s wedding. i want it to be ours and i want to be proud of it.

3- i want people to feel love.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
The things that matter to me the most-

1) That everyone HAS FUN and for me not go nuts at little things that may not be perfect. Of all days to have a wedding, it has to be fun.
2) Help in making sure my mother behaves herself and doesn''t wreck the evening for everyone else.
3) I''m with TravelingGal on this one- to have my meal and my cake! They are reeeeealy good.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
1)On a beautiful beach.. literally on the sand (no grass) just feet away from the waves.

2) Beautiful dress that makes me feel special.

3) Cake. I don't know why, but I won't budge on having a two-tier decorated wedding cake. Sure there'll only be ten people and it'll probably be all of six inches in diameter, but by G I'm having a real wedding cake.
9.gif

ETA: you know, there's something else that's even more important but it is sort of a given.
9.gif
My fi and I have to be full of joy, excitement, and happiness.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
1) To get to spend time with FI and enjoy the day.
2) To have an aisle to walk down.
3) To have people lift us up on chairs during the hora. I''ve always wanted to do that and I didn''t have a bat mitzvah, so this is my one and only shot :)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
They''re not particularly in order, but my three goals are:

1- I want this day to be about us, our love and our pledge to spend the rest of our lives together. I want it to reflect who we are, and not be about the wedding my grandmother (who I adore) never had, or about my FILs'' (whom I don''t like quite so much) failed marriage. That applies to the actual planning too... So far so good, but I''m sooo dreading doing the seating arrangements!
32.gif

2- I want to have fun, not stress over all the details or have run-ins with the aforementioned FILs. I want to have happy memories of this day... And I agree with wanting to eat!

3- I want everyone to have a great time. It''s not so important to me that they say it was the best wedding they''ve ever been at, but I''d like them to say that it was a really nice and personal one, which is how we want it to be.

Oh, and I really really want to have nice pictures! But if the three things I mentioned go well, then I''m not so worried about the pics.
5.gif

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
My wedding goals are:

1) For Steve and I to relax and celebrate the special day with family and friends who will travel a very long distance to be with us...we are so grateful and honored...

2) Ensure that Steve''s children are happy and involved and that we are able to spend quality time together throughout the day...it''s their party too!

3) To savor wonderful Tuscan cuisine and wines in a place that is sooooo enchanting and very special to us...

1.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Great question,
Well, we''re just starting the planning process so these may change/evolve over time (1 year), but right now my priorities are-
1) BALANCE. Making the "day" special and personal while keeping in mind what it is celebrating. I''m sick of hearing "a wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime", like we''re not supposed to plan...or just ''wing'' a party for 100 people? On the opposite end, not letting the celebration planning overshadow that which we are celebrating.

2) Be Present. I want to drink in, feel, and breathe every moment of the ceremony and really focus on my future hubby and I. (i.e. I don''t want to worry about what the photographer, caterer, flower lady are doing)

3) Be Gracious. While yes it is "my" and "his" and "our" day, we have invited our family and friends to be there with us. I want to be a good and gracious hostess.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Oh SDL,
thank you for reminding me, I absolutely love the private message-
I''m sorry your hubby didn''t get it beforehand, but it really meant a lot to him and that''s what is important.

i very much would like to do that for my sweetie. once as a bm, i delivered a bouquet of tootsie pops to my friend''s hubby before the wedding. there was some connection between that and the way that they met, it was so cute.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
1. To have a personal and special ceremony
2. Lots of good music, dancing, and an open bar
3. To really show our friends and family a good time in what they consider "a strange place" (Texas)

And oh yeah, I want to eat cake for days after the ceremony!
2.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Aw this is a great post!

1.) To have the most memorable/fun/sweet experience that me and my husband-to-be will remember for the rest of our lives.

2.) For FI and I to take dance lessons before the wedding for our *first dance* as husband and wife. I think it will be a fun way for us to do before the wedding!

3.) Have wonderful pictures & video coverage so we can show our children and grandchildren one day.

Of course there''s a list of others, but these were the first that popped into my mind.
28.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
1. To remember that no matter what happened it was about us getting married (goof ups, silliness, etc. all being part of the fun)
2. That our ceremony and reception represent who we are and what we love (good loving people who love and admire one another and the people that we chose to surround ourselves with...oh and good food and music too!!!)
3. That my MIL (who is 86 has Alzheimer''s and was in under hospice care due to a broken back at the time) be in attendance
4. That my dress be beautiful and make me feel beautiful\

Everything else was for the birds as far as I was concerned. It turned out to be an amazing day because my attitude about anything that wasn''t quite as planned was "if that''s the worst thing that happens, we''re doing GREAT!"

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
My 3 are:

1. To have a truley memorable and romantic ceremony...and to get through it without dripping mascara onto my wonderful Maggie dress
28.gif

2. To enjoy every moment and not have it just pass by quickly--I want to dance, I want to eat and I want to HAVE FUN!

3. To make sure that I get to speak with every guest at every table and thank them for coming, so that they know that they are special to us, even if I'm just meeting them that night

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
oh,
fun to remeber that wonderful day.

A long time ago someone posted a question about seeing your FI on the day of your wedding, and whether or not people would do it. It really made me think about that tradition. My (now husband) and I originally planned on not seeing each other on our wedding day, but I read someone''s post about how she and her FI went somewhere special and ate bagels together and it really made a light go off for me. The one person who could make me feel cool, calm and happy on the morning of our wedding was my husband, so one of my goals was to have wonderful breakfast with the man I love.
It was awesome!

So, goals were

1. share our favorite breakfast together (which we did, and afterwards went snorkeling and saw THREE beautiful sea turtles!
must say, I wouldn''t trade those hours together for ANYTHING!)
2. make our ceremony really our own, something special that we could laugh and enjoy.
(We laughed, we cried, it was better than Cats...)
3. make sure to enjoy each and every one of our guests who traveled so far to see us get married.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm what were ours. Here's a few:

1) To really make sure to give the photographer whatever he wanted or needed to get a really spectacular set of photos from the event, because for me photos are a great way to bring back the memories from that day even after years have passed. I have them framed all over the house, even the ones that are not obviously from our wedding, aka a view of the ocean and a lone palm tree in the background, because they bring back those memories whenever we see them.
2) To be relaxed the day of, and not stress about all the 'little things'. In the end it all just works out and comes together. I almost did this goal 1000%, except for my mini-breakdown at the altar when I forgot my vows! hehee.
3) To live it up, eat the food, eat the cake, drink the wine, and for us both to have a great time with all the wonderful guests who had given time and money to come and celebrate with us in Kauai....one of the most wonderful memories I have is looking out at the tables from the dance floor at one point and noticing that all of the guests were on the dance floor!!! Every guest, even Grandma! Now when does that happen at a wedding?
5.gif
Then we all did the Conga line!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. don''t drink toooo much (a sloshed bride is never a pretty sight)
2. be sure to say hello and big thanks to out of town guests
3. have fun!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Mine were:

1) for my husband to be as comfortable as possible (he''s not a center-of-attention, social butterfly type).

2) to be conscious of taking it all in.....not letting the day become a blur. To revel in the feelings of the day and to pay attention to all the little things, so I''d have the memories later.

3) to capture as much of the day as we could in really nice pictures.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
1) To have it at my family summer house where generations of my family have gotten married (small sample: my grandparents, my parents, my brother) [This was my only straight-up deal breaker.]

2) Have the overall atmosphere reflect the location in that it feels more like a big dinner party than a "wedding" party. I want to talk to everyone and use some of the old house decorations, and have all our friends and family really get a feel for what the place is like.

3) NO RAIN!!!!!! It rained almost every day for a month leading up to my brother''s wedding this year, everyone got stuck (cars & shoes) in the mud, they had to move the ceremony inside, and it was cold and drizzly under the tent. I know I have no control over this but that''s my big thing I keep worrying about - I WANT IT ALL OUTSIDE AND PRETTY!!!!!

And of course staying in the moment, and sharing it all with my by-that-point-husband!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results