shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion please on necklaces and ageing decolletages :/

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Yes so true. It *is* freeing.

Hope it is OK to share another quote. I love this one too and well, it's full of wisdom and truth.

aging.jpg

It is so much easier to leave any pretense or hiding behind who one really is. It is freeing to just be oneself without concern for judgment or recrimination. We can finally just be. Of course for those advanced individuals who were able to be exactly who they were before getting older kudos to them. But aging allows one to be who they really are so much more easily when one is young.

I love this @missy Bowie sums it up perfectly and you're so right, all the pretence and bs falls away, one can finally breathe and not give two hoots about what anyone else thinks! Here's cheers to ageing however the heck we see fit! :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly ladies, if there's a wrinkle....... hang a diamond on it!:D

AMEN to this.

Here's my mom proudly wearing her bling. Wrinkles and all. Love her.

Last time we saw them during Covid social distancing August 2020.
momsengagementringwithsharedprongband.png

momserandsharedprongband.jpeg.png

momanddadkissingaugust2020.png

My parents are collectively 165 years old.
They don't let anything or any wrinkles stop them. :appl:

Here's a photo pre covid 2019 wearing a necklace despite all her wrinkly skin. You go girl/mom!

momandbethany.jpg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I love this @missy Bowie sums it up perfectly and you're so right, all the pretence and bs falls away, one can finally breathe and not give two hoots about what anyone else thinks! Here's cheers to ageing however the heck we see fit! :dance:

Amen sister!:D

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear what I want and if it disturbs people to look at my nearly 60 year old body, too bad, so sad.. I like my VCA necklaces. But I am a sunscreen person because I'm fair skinned.

647057 784523

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
@missy your Mum is a beauty! I love her style, she's now my new role model!

@doberman your skin is absolutely gorgeous!! I'd be wearing ALL the necklaces if I were you and showing off that stunning decolletage!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMEN to this.

Here's a photo pre covid 2019 wearing a necklace despite all her wrinkly skin. You go girl/mom!

momandbethany.jpg

So beautiful! Love her style! Had she has a scotch/bourbon! (or iced tea)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unwanted perspective from the vantage point of the male gaze here. I’ll probably need to stop posting because I am outing myself as a straight male but this post made me so sad that I need to weigh in.

I have been attracted to all kinds of women and almost all kinds of jewelry over the decades. I’ve seen tons of ordinary jewelry and tons of costume jewelry and even the occasional eye-popper. But I have never once thought someone’s jewelry was inappropriate for or ill-suited to their age or body type. Clothes, sometimes, but never jewelry.

Plus, jewelry is a unique form of expression. You never quite know why someone chose to wear this particular thing on this particular day or occasion. Or even if it was a conscious decision. If it’s Pandora, I think maybe her spouse or kids gave it to her. If it seems too informal or too formal for the wedding or the beach, I assume it’s something she never takes off. If it’s Victorian on a young woman, it feels funky or heirloom. If it’s contemporary on a great-grandma, it feels youthful and fashionable. It is not like yoga pants =)2.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Unwanted perspective from the vantage point of the male gaze here. I’ll probably need to stop posting because I am outing myself as a straight male but this post made me so sad that I need to weigh in.

I have been attracted to all kinds of women and almost all kinds of jewelry over the decades. I’ve seen tons of ordinary jewelry and tons of costume jewelry and even the occasional eye-popper. But I have never once thought someone’s jewelry was inappropriate for or ill-suited to their age or body type. Clothes, sometimes, but never jewelry.

Plus, jewelry is a unique form of expression. You never quite know why someone chose to wear this particular thing on this particular day or occasion. Or even if it was a conscious decision. If it’s Pandora, I think maybe her spouse or kids gave it to her. If it seems too informal or too formal for the wedding or the beach, I assume it’s something she never takes off. If it’s Victorian on a young woman, it feels funky or heirloom. If it’s contemporary on a great-grandma, it feels youthful and fashionable. It is not like yoga pants =)2.

@LilAlex please never stop posting! It's so important to hear everyones opinions and it's so refreshing to hear a male point of view. Your opinion is very much wanted and your thoughtful response was very much appreciated! =)2 And you're totally right, jewellery is soooo not like yoga pants!!! :lol-2:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah I have never looked at anyone and thought 'wow love that top/jewelery etc but their skin looks awful.'. Sole exception is some very very badly burnt europeans holidaying in places like thailand where you just feel a bit queesy looking at the shade of red theyve turned. Jewelery always looks good, so Id just go for it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My serious (but I personally find hard to implement) answer is wear what you want. We all age and there shouldn’t be any shame in it. A gorgeous necklace is a gorgeous necklace regardless of who’s wearing it, and if it gives you pleasure to wear than who cares about anyone else.

My less serious answer would be to up the size of your necklace, ideally to the point where it obscures any skin that troubles you. I sent this picture to some of the pearls girls a week or so ago as my ideal solution to my beginning-to-turn-turkey neck! It’s a bit full on for the local supermarket so I’d still have some situational problems to solve :?:
1617528152162.png 56d113aaa20aed7b95a6efabae23210c.jpg

Channelling your inner Queen Alexandra (she might have had a long swan neck but she had a scare she was self concouse about) queen20alexandra-1.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

If only everyone thought so kind the world would be a nicer place ...and also we would have a lot more fun and eclectic jewlery to admire on each other

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
AMEN to this.

momandbethany.jpg

Hi mom and dad =)2
Pictures of your parents always make me feel happy Missy
Please pass on my warmest regards to them
and best wishes to your gorgouse neice also

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

LilAlex, so well said. I am glad you're here with a male perspective.

Personally, I paid enough to have jewelry worth enjoying, I'm going to do just that.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy your Mum is a beauty! I love her style, she's now my new role model!

@doberman your skin is absolutely gorgeous!! I'd be wearing ALL the necklaces if I were you and showing off that stunning decolletage!

Thank you! You're so kind. (And I wear yoga pants and bikinis too. If people dont like it, they're welcome to avert their eyes!)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maaaaaaate, just wear what you enjoy! Promise you no one is judging, besides bugger the lot of them if they do. :lol:

I agree sunscreen is VITAL and wish I’d used it better when I was younger but I do wear it daily now.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We already knew this about you, and we accept you anyway :lol:

You’re a treat. And you are very appreciated. I hope you feel welcome here ::)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are wearing nice diamonds who notices your actual chest?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results