shape
carat
color
clarity

Your instincts are usually right....dress help pls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
I have a wonderful knee length, white dress ....that really doesn''t give me butterflies the closer we get to the wedding, just two weeks away. My girlfriends took me out last night for the bachelorette and I wore a blue/purple wrap dress that made me feel great. It made me think I should go for that strong blue or green I originally intended. Or possibly this is just second-guessing, but in the meantime, who am I to ignore my own instincts on this?

If you''re in the NorthEast area, which stores do you recommend at Woodbury Commons in NY? Our wedding is semi-formal attire, noon on a Sunday. I''m hoping to find a dress that is at or just below the knee in a strong color. Avoiding strapless or spaghetti straps.

Any stores come to mind at Woodbury?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you posted a pic of your existing dress? If not, can you or can you link it here?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the shops that you mentioned. Just to clarify, you're looking for a new dress to replace the white dress for the ceremony or for the reception only?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
FWIW, my dress never gave me butterflies (neither the original dress I loved nor the one I exchanged it for to please my mom and my man). I don''t think a wedding dress really has to have that effect for you to love it. So I''d say this isn''t a reason to change your dress at the last minute. A lot of people second-guess their dress...just remember that you bought it for a reason!

As another option, how about doing the best of both worlds: wear the white dress for the ceremony and a bold colored dress for the reception?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 6:31:54 PM
Author: jstarfireb

As another option, how about doing the best of both worlds: wear the white dress for the ceremony and a bold colored dress for the reception?

I can''t help you out with stores at all, but I think that sounds like an excellent idea!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I live 5 mins from woodbury commons!! I saw a fantastic dress at Carolina Herrera about 2 weeks ago. Also try BCBG Max Azria, MaxMara and Chanel. You can also find some good stuff at Barneys on occasion. Good luck there!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results