shape
carat
color
clarity

your help is needed have prices..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello: thanks to everyone who responded to me yesterday ( please forgive me I am new to this site and still have trouble navigating to thank you individually)
so here are the prices I hope you know how to get the measuments I posted yesterday
1. not gia certified( its resale _ used) is around 18.000 canadian.with taxes in . 2.17c, vvs2 FG color
2.gia ( you guys said not a good cut did not score very good) 1.17c D vs1 is around 17K canadian
I am considering one more and I am wondering what you may think of this one (AGI certified in 2001 ) H, 1.32 car,triple 000
its around 11 canadian... Thanks again to everyone who is helping to sort this out...

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I would NOT buy an uncertified stone - at least, not without serious research and an independent appraisal with a LOT more ino.

As for that D VS, is it 1.17 carats or 1.47 (what you posted before)? Obviously, that makes a huge price difference. But I still would not buy that stone if I remember the numbers you posted correctly, it was not well cut.

Finally, what is the clarity on the H color AGS-0 stone?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Ups... I forgot to put that in ...Its SI 1 , thanks so much, ( is this price wholesale? or retail?) I am told that it is wholesale?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
How is it an SI1 and an AGS 000?

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
AGS-0 has been used to refer to the table-depth-crown-pavillion angles within tolerances for an AGS ideal cut.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Just looked up a currency converter... 11K Canadian is about $9.6K USD. That''s more than $2K over what you would pay for an ideal cut stone with a lot more information about it. Why don''t you buy from a Pricescope vendor? You would have a lot more options too. Right now, you''re all over the map with your options - you went from a D to an H, so is color important to you or not?

I would choose a budget and then get the best stone I can find through a trusted Pricescope vendor for that price, and I guarantee it will blow away any of those three stones you are looking at. Just as an example, you could get this 1.635 carat E SI1 stone from Whiteflash, one of the most recommended vendors on Pricescope, for under $17K CAD. This is a superideal stone.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-3098102

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I know that an AGS 0 refers to the cut of the stone but I thought that a tripple 0 was for cut, color, and clarity. I guess I am wrong! sorry!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
It''s kind of been used both ways by jewelers recently. I think your way was originally right, but a lot of people now say AGS triple zero when they just mean ideal cut.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the info
emotion-15.gif
. the cut is the most important to me.( after educating myself here) I would like to stay around 10k with price (since they do not apprecieate in value again got my education here) I am just a beginner so I asked to see few for comparison.Is it difficult to find triple 0 , AGS certified stone with a better color? How much more would I have to spend to go up in color say to to E F ? Would the incresed cost be worth it anyways? Does it matter the date on certificate? Would one have it rechecked with an independant appraisal to make sure there are no chips etc? Also what if it chipps when beeing set? Who would pay for it? The insurance won''t insure loose stone ( as far as I know ) and I am not sure how that would work? Any ideas ?
Thanks for the links I will check it out.. Like everyone else here I want to get the best stone for the money..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results