shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite face masks

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a favorite face mask? I can’t seem to find one that doesn’t blow air up into my eyes. I saw on tv that if that is happening, I’m not protecting anyone. Do you have any recommendations? I’ve decided I’m going to buy several models until I find one that works. Until then, I will wear a KN95 when I’m out to keep people safe.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Following!

I refuse to use single use masks.. It's just so wasteful.
My friend was kind enough to sew me masks with nose wires.. They're good fit. But the wires need replacement often.

I've recently read up on silk masks. I had different sources, mostly in French and German. This article says the same... I ordered a couple. Will report back how they wear....

inne

Shiny_Rock
I use surgical masks with wire. I have read that they are the most effective .

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I made so many I think it kept me busy while I was freaking out about COVID in the first days.
My favorite was one that I made out of a nice silk and lined with cotton. However, just when I arrived at my personal best mask - the mask market opened up and I bought KN95's. I also use the disposable surgeon's masks, depending on where I am and how long I will be around other people.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I recommend happymasks.com. In full disclosure we have not bought the adult size, just the kid size. They are comfortable, fit very well, have a filter, and are washable. They are expensive!! But in our case, worth it.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Rothys makes really nice masks.. soft stays in place.
Screenshot_20201117-135221_Chrome.jpg
Edited to add a picture of the mask

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just buy whatever disposable masks Costco sells.
They're pretty inexpensive.

I prefer the idea of immediately throwing away a used (possibly-contaminated) mask.
I think laundering a cloth mask provides more opportunity for cross-contamination compared to dropping a disposable mask the trash upon removal.

Last edited:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only concern I have with disposable masks is they aren't as fitted on my face unless they are the more expensive KN95s.

For comfort and fit, I love my Tory Burch masks. Unfortunately, they added a pouch so instead of 5 for $35 shipped, you only get 3.

I recently bought these for my mom on etsy which were only a little over $5/each.

Friends who go to the gym or run seem happy with the Under Armour mask.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks promising. I just got this in my email. Comes in regular size and petite.

LInen icons

Linen is a natural fiber made from flax and considered one of the most high-performance and sustainable materials on the planet. We chose linen because of the many amazing properties that make it ideal for a face mask. It is comfortable, breathable, naturally antimicrobial, durable, and easy to clean. Additionally, linen is naturally highly absorbent, meaning it can absorb a high percentage of its own weight in water without feeling wet, helping to keep your face dry.”

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I make cloth masks and that’s what my boyfriend and I use. We’ve made and distributed 200-300 of these masks at this point (mostly to friends and family, but some were also given to community groups and random strangers). They have a flexible metal “bridge” that makes for a good fit at the top, including with glasses. The masks are flat - basically a folded rectangle - but I add a small pleat to the bottom to “customize” the fit. (Masks sent to others include a small safety pin and instructions for improving the fit.) My masks have a single box pleat for shaping. A recent improvement is the insertion of a piece of “horsehair braid” into this pleat to help keep the fabric off and out of the mouth.

706EA9F6-F4ED-40E9-ADB0-9BDDAEA84202.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My face is smaller than the average adult so I just bought the Costco disposable face masks for children and guess what? It fits perfectly. :lol:

I am thinking to wear it under my KN95 masks to allow them to last longer. I am not sure it will be comfortable but it is worth a try. :wacko:

:lol-2: True dat.
But it is all relative. So basically what mask produces the least discomfort. ::)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got a couple of favorites. If you can find a KF -94 mask, those I find give the best coverage. Even one made of cloth (Apple's mask for employees that they supposidly designs is really just a KF-94)

If you're handy, easy enough to make them

They are very comfortable, don't fog up glasses, decent seal. I make these with 3 layers.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine come from Stark’s vacuum bag company.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got a couple of favorites. If you can find a KF -94 mask, those I find give the best coverage. Even one made of cloth (Apple's mask for employees that they supposidly designs is really just a KF-94)

If you're handy, easy enough to make them

They are very comfortable, don't fog up glasses, decent seal. I make these with 3 layers.

I’ll have to try that design!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll have to try that design!

Do. Its very simple and easy. I don't have an 8 inch plate but I faked it pretty good....lol

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find the most comfortable are the KN95 mask.

My DH likes this one https://www.breathe-happy.com/commuter/. I change the filter for him every week. I also have one but haven’t worn it yet, as we’re hardly going out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha thought this was great. Hope it brings a smile to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results