shape
carat
color
clarity

Your bling radar at work...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have this one vendor that I''ve been working with that has the most beautiful oval three stone with half moon sapphire sides. No bowtie on the icy WHITE oval (1.5 carat with nice spread) and a lovely medium to dark blue on the sapphires. And EVERYTIME we meet in person I grab her hand and ogle for a minute. She''s gotten so used to it the minute she sees my radar hone in she gives her hand up-- she thinks it''s sweet how much I love her ring (anniversary upgrade from her husband-- guys got a good eye or a great jeweler), and she''s passed the compliment on to her husband. She never wears any other bling... just that oval I WANT. LOL.

And then there''s meetings with opposing counsel, and I always notice how the younger female lawyers have larger (but usually tasteful) rings (one youngt associate-- mid twenties-- from NY was wearing a huge completely ornate Jack K like setting and it looked like she was trying to hard)... whereas the female GCs (general counsels) and Partners are wearing small solitares.. under a carat usually with simple wedding bands or discreet eternity bands

Internally, our VP females have SERIOUS bling on. Definitely PS worthy. But I can''t really accost them, but well... always want to. But there are some HEADLIGHTS around here man.

How does your thing for bling affect you at work?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, that lady sounds so sweet. You are too cute.
9.gif

People at work KNOW I love diamonds. For me it DOES NOT MATTER BY THE SIZE but Sparkle.

I have this adorable sweet coworker that has the prettiest sparkliest diamond and I love staring at it and it is probably less than 1 carat. Then my cubemate talks to me about diamonds and I go on and on and on and then turn red
emembarrassed.gif
She laughs and says no, I love your enthusiasm so sometimes we find pictures of cool bling for each other.

Even the men I work w/talk to me about Bling. We have the sweetest men and they tell me about bling which is so hilarious to me because they will just chit chat about it w/me which I never imagine they would do.

Actually one girl has a huge princess and when we are in meetings I would stare; I couldn't help myself. hehehe
Then I had a coworker go out to a client who has something like a 6 carat emerald and they were so excited to see it so they told me all about it. That made me laugh becuase they could wait to tell me. They are all so sweet.
12.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nobody here has good jewelry. One coworker friend has a slightly under 1 ct solitaire pendant. I try to oogle it every day without making it seem like I''m staring at her chest.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy that''s so awesome that everyone at work is so excited about your passion! But knowing your sunny personality, I''m not surprised!

FG.... I''ve DONE THAT. A coworker of mine has a pendant just under a carat in this really abstract setting... I was staring at it for DAYS trying to figure out if the design was SUPPOSED to be a high heeled shoe, or if that was a coincidence (coincidence, turns out)... but I KNOW she probably thought I was staring at her chest.

SO embarrasing. Her ring is one I look at sometimes... but just because I don''t like the setting and want to rescue the nice princess (also under a carat or REALLY freaking deep) from it. *sigh*

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
In my case when I go to my office (normally work from home), I''m the only one with an ering even though we are all women (12) between the ages of 22-35. So I always feel everyone looking at my ring which is weird for me because I''m always the one looking at other people''s rings out in public.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t work, but I''ve been trying to get up close and personal with the rings of the women in my broad circle before my ring is done... I have this fear that once mine is done that asking to see other rings will seem like a competition or something and I think the next closest diamond I''ve seen is half the size of mine. *I* know that I love diamonds of all sizes and all shapes and really enjoy the different settings as well as the diamonds... but I do worry that others will think I''m only asking so I can brag or something. I really want to be showing it to people and saying look how it does this how it does that look at this and that and all these details but I know what I''m really going to do is wave it dismissively in the air, "oh this old thing?" just because I don''t want to come off as a show off or something. If anyone were to take genuine interest in it I think I''d be so giddy blabbing all the details LOL

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing to set off my bling radar at my work. There''s only one other diamond around, it looks to be around a 2 carater, but really poorly cut or really dirty, or both. The thing is dead, dead, stick it in the ground cuz it''s dead!

The other wedding sets are really dated (read "gold nugget" style ring
32.gif
and a free form swirly thing, ugh). The rest are very small and not kept clean so they just kind of disappear and aren''t really noticeable.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I notice everyone''s jewelry and frequently comment on it. One of the ladies in my office has a 3/4 ct PC that she says has a flaw. I am tempted to stare at it to see if I can see it from a distance but I know she is sensitive about it so I don''t. Everyone at the office asks me jewelry advice and questions, even guys have asked me to help them pick out erings. Our office has 6 TV''s on and 2 of them are on jewelry shopping channels all the time. I like to have a nice picture to look at when I glance up from my work.

My MIL has some serious jewelry but what is strange she doesn''t seem interested in anyone else''s jewelry. I think she likes to have it but doesn''t really like jewelry. Her ering is a 2 carat and she has 2 carat diamond studs (each earring 2 cts). Her diamond ering is nice but not an ideal cut.

I could probably tell you what jewelry our waitress had in a resturant.

A thing I really notice in my college students and younger workers at work; is they sure start out with larger diamonds than those of us did even 10 years ago. I don''t know how they can afford such pricey diamonds just starting out. But since that''s thier business I just admire their bling from afar.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I am working part time in a higher-end retail boutique for the summer- we get a big variety of rings coming through the door.

Unlike many of you it seems a lot of the younger women here don''t have big honkers- I would say good-sized- 1-1.5 ct, but I haven''t seen anyone below her mid-30''s w/ 2 cts.

We did have one woman come in with her husband and adorable family- she had a 6 month old and looked fantastic and she had a gorgeous emerald cut in an LMish micropave setting w/ the whole undercarriage pave''d out, etc w/ matching band- I complimented her on her rings and asked if they were by Leon and she didn''t know.

We also get a fair share of older women w/ some terribly gaudy rings (some of which I think must be fake) and some w/ great old antique-y looking ones.

Today we had a woman come probably in a mid-40''s who had a 3-stone w/ what looked like 2ct plus round w/ double claw prongs (or maybe 8 prongs?) and then round emeralds on the sides also w/ either 8 or double claw prongs. It looked like an estate piece and I really wanted to check it out, but she didn''t seem open to it.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, not much *bling* going on in my office, either. Two co-workers have marquise diamonds (under .50 carat) from the mall, and one just wears a plain, gold wedding band.

The biggest diamond I've seen around (in other areas of the hospital) is a 3+er (?) worn by a visiting nurse. I hope it's just dirty, but I've known her for years and it ALWAYS looks flat, dead, and milky white.
23.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
There is a speech therapist at the school where I''m working this summer who has a ring I''d love to eyeball, but she''s shy and I don''t want to be too forward so I''ve never gotten close enough to see details. Otherwise there are no jewels that cause me to pause and do a double take.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I don''t work and am a stay at home mom I guess I could consider my place of employment the kids school since I am there so often! The bling coming from some of the moms is out of control. I get dizzy at school functions! Lots of three stones! Halos! Huge solitaires! Ahhhhhhh, it''s bling heaven! DH has to bump me and tell me to stop hunting!

Date: 7/19/2007 7:45:12 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Nobody here has good jewelry. One coworker friend has a slightly under 1 ct solitaire pendant. I try to oogle it every day without making it seem like I'm staring at her chest.
9.gif

Oh god have I had this problem alot recently.

You can just imagine me leaning over a desk and casting my eyes down past her body to the ring resting under her bosom. Its a serious problem.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is where the SI US comes in really handy...when I was working at my last job I brought mine in once and cleaned everyone''s bling, I plugged my US into the ladies'' room outlet for maximum privacy as it is a onesie. Surpisingly there were some very nice stones, and I even cleaned my nasty boss'' wedding band (he was such a jerk) and I don''t have anything nice to say about it so I will follow the rule of Bambi and not say anything at all, LOL!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 of us are collectors where I work. We''re good friends and don''t compete with each other - they like modern designs and I like estate things oan solitaires. We see each other every day and always ask "What do you have on today?". They know I''m waiting for my Royal Asscher to be set and I think they''re nearly as excited as I am.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t see much jewellery at work because we all take it off to scrub, but at social functions when the surgeons and their wives come out in all their blingy glory.... ahhhhhhh
3.gif
One anesthetist bought his wife a 2 carat RB with 1ct either side (not only big but BEAUTIFUL diamonds... YUMMO) for her birthday last year, and she wore it to our hospital Christmas party, diviiiiine.

He quipped that paying for it felt like passing a kidney stone
37.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I am a bling girl at work! There are a number of ladies in the office who are into bling and it helps (or maybe doesn''t for our wallets) that there is a jeweler whom many of my colleagues are regulars of just a short walk away from the office!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I work in two schools and definitely have bling radar. In one school, the psychologist has a gorgeous 3-sided pave e-ring with matching band. Stone is about 1.5-2ct range. I always stare at it during faculty meetings. In the other school, lots of the younger teachers have modest solitaires (around 1ct). However, some of the older teachers have some impressive upgrades. So again, I usually have no idea what is being said at meetings!
30.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had too shut my bling radar off cuz it was freaking people out LOL
one thing that sux about being a guy....
The good/bad part is that once they know im into them they always want an opinion on them.
I have found broken prongs for people 3 or 4 times and once a cracked shank.
Most of the time I just tell em pretty but it needs cleaning.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I work in an office with about 40 women, and my 1ct oval is just about the biggest here. One of the guys bought a 2ct Tiffany for his GF though.

Even the owner of the company who makes like $250,000 a year has a 1-1.5ct ring!

Before this job I worked at a couple country clubs, now that''s where you see alot of bling! One member got a 10ct round for her 40th birthday, and it was in a halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results