shape
carat
color
clarity

your advice on two stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chobby100

Rough_Rock
I think I may want to purchase one of these please help. (Include whether you think they are a good deal. $1k difference won't kill me, but do you think the price difference is warranted and overall are they a good deal?). I have not seen either of them in person (but can return). Thanks in advance. This site is so valuable!

1st stone
Report: GIA
Shape: Round
Cut: Very Good
Carat: 1.92
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 59.8
Table: 59.7
Crown Angle: 32.4
Crown %: 12.4
Pavilion Angle: 41
Pavilion %: 43.4
Girdle: Sl. thick
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None (.4 on the Sarin)
Fluorescence: No

Seller says: very faint visible inclusion

(HCA score of 1.4 - Light Return - Excellent, Fire - Excellent, Scintillation - Very Good, Spread - Excellent)

Price: $14.5k

VS.

2nd stone
Report: GIA
Shape: Round
Cut: Ideal
Carat: 1.87
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.5
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 33.5
Crown %: 14.6
Pavilion Angle: 41.1
Pavilion %: 43.3
Girdle: mediium to Sl. thick
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None (.7 on the Sarin)
Fluorescence: No

(HCA score of 1.7 - Light Return - Excellent, Fire - Excellent, Scintillation - Very Good, Spread - Very Good)

Seller says: no visible inclusion

Price $13.5k

plg_cp

Rough_Rock
Hi Chobby,

Did you perhaps make a typo in the specs on Stone 1? I ran it through HCA and got 6.6 (F/P/P/Ex)! If not I would run away from it.
On the second stone I got HCA 1.8 so that seems to pretty much match what you got.

Mark

chobby100

Rough_Rock
Hmm, i just ran the #''s again and got the same thing as I did before. Are you sure you are running the proper #''s? (Note: I used the angle and not the % FWIW).

I did put the angle at 42 orignally but it is in fact 41. This did not effect the HCA in any way.

Are you by any chance mixing up the angle and % numbers?

chobby100

Rough_Rock
I would love to hear what others have to say! Can you please help me?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Since the options are otherwise similar, with the comment on #1 having a slightly visible inclusion, and #2 being measurably less expensive, the latter one seems more attactive to me; supposedly, with SI 1s, the thing to look for is visible inclusions...and you''ve got the message about this one, and an alternative, to boot.

chobby100

Rough_Rock
what do you think about the price given the HCA results? The stone w-out visible inclusions (or so they say) is less than $7200 per carat. That seems pretty darn good given the HCA and the fact that very few if any stone come up at this price when searching pricescope.

any thoughts?

I very well may pull the trigger on Friday based on the thoughts I get.

thanks.

Keep ''em coming

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Chobby,

This is the only other option I see worth peeking at in concert with what you have in hand, and it clocks in at virtually the same dollar per carat. Perhaps you could consider yourself done.

best,

chobby100

Rough_Rock
Thanks Regular Guy! Any other thoughts?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Seems number two makes more sense. Any way to view them both?

chobby100

Rough_Rock
I can only get one as I have to buy them. Anymore thoughts? Please?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that stone number 2 would be more attractive and the stone that Regular guy posted is shown as sold.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I don't love #1...it's a larger tabled stone so it may look slightly larger BUT it is only VG/G and girdle is slightly thick ... it probably won't be a dog..it's most likely just a different type of stone, a different 'look'. Stone #2 is more 'ideal' in the normal sense I guess, the numbers are nice, and the price is less.

If you could only choose one, then I would choose #2 based on the numbers and price....#1 seems like it maybe could be nice but there are enough 'ifs' to make me say don't take a chance if you can't see both.

Good luck!

chobby100

Rough_Rock
I have purchased #2 and am having it looked at by an independant appraiser when it gets delivered. Stay tuned!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Let us know how you like it! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results