shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you are getting old when...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:58:04 PM
Author: Upgradable

Date: 9/10/2008 10:32:36 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

When you no longer look like the teenage boy your husband married
41.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
Your husband married a teenage boy? Is that legal in Canada?
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
omg SO FUNNY! i thought the same thing!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:55:13 PM
Author: LAJennifer

Date: 9/10/2008 3:46:14 PM
Author: Elmorton
The one that hits me is that my students (who are in college) were in 6th grade when 9/11 happened. They don't remember Columbine, Waco, the World Trade Center bombings, Oklahoma City, or anything about Bill Clinton's presidency.

Every year Beloit College makes a 'mindset list' to remind faculty about the generation they're working with - here's the link for the class of 2012:

Beloit Mindset
23.gif
OMG!! (Where is the smiley with droopy eyelids and crowsfeet)
15.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
When your 17-year-old students ask if a 15-year-old student is your son.

23.gif
I''m only 27!!!!
23.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went to the orthodontist to check on those braces I never had when I was a kid. Everyone in the entire office was younger than me, including the orthodontist! And I was only 35 at the time.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
You get an AARP card in the mail asking for subscription fees, like I did yesterday.
39.gif
38.gif
39.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 5:41:31 PM
Author: Haven
When your 17-year-old students ask if a 15-year-old student is your son.

23.gif
I''m only 27!!!!
23.gif
No way that is nuts!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You randomly wander into that store "Forever 21" at the mall and you realize you could be not only the mother but the GRANDmother of most of the other patrons...
39.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 10:40:22 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
You randomly wander into that store ''Forever 21'' at the mall and you realize you could be not only the mother but the GRANDmother of most of the other patrons...
39.gif
I know!! Why don''t they have a store "Forever 35"????

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
When you and SO sit down to watch a movie that you just got from the video store (after both of you read the description and okayed it) only to realize about 10 seconds in that you've both seen it. In the last year. Together.

They say memory is the first thing to go...
20.gif

ETA: Yes, this happened to us last night. We both felt very silly.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
When the cashier calls you "mam."

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 10:31:42 AM
Author: elledizzy5
You start complaining about the music and haircuts of 'kids these days'

I'm only 25, and I swear, once I caught myself doing that, I felt so OLD!
20.gif
I do that too!!

i was out the other day and said to boyf "jeeze, where are these girls mothers"

23.gif

i just channeled my mom. hand me my prune juice!

ETA - I DO bring ear plugs to concerts and sip on setzler water. one concert i went to recently - i sat on the couch in the venue. My dad didnt even do that when he took me to concerts, and he was in his 40's-50's
39.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Just watching my siblings grow up everyday makes me feel old more than anything else! My sister was geez, in 3rd grade when I went off to college... and now she is a senior in high school! Ahh! I couldn''t even take it when she started driving. hell, I still can''t take it. My baby brother is about to start graduate school. It''s just innnnsane.

And- I find high school kids I see out SO ANNOYING. I am convinced that I was never that annoying. Therefore, I must be getting reeeally old
14.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
...you go to buy milk at the Wawa and the calendar by the cash register says you have to have born before today in 1990 to buy cigarettes - and that was the year you graduated high school
38.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
. . . when the girls in the tots'' gymnastics class you taught are in college.

. . . when you take your fourteen-year-old brother to the doctor and everyone addresses you as his mother. (Note: I''m only 24!)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You know you''re old when:

The shoes you buy are comfortable first, then kinda cute. The last ''sexy'' pair hurt like hell.
You wonder "what''s so wrong with granny panties, anyway?"
The Clinique or Lancome gal at the counter suggests their super-duper deluxe wrinkle eraser creams and potions.
College kids look like 12 year olds. Drinking 12 year olds.
You make your restaurant food choices while bearing in mind any gastric repurcussions that might occur. And just where you might be afterward, should they occur.
28.gif

And worst of all: you found yourself contemplating a cute little outfit at the dept store, only to realize you were looking at "Alfred Dunner'' separates! Yikes!
32.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 7:57:01 PM
Author: HollyS
You know you''re old when:

The shoes you buy are comfortable first, then kinda cute. The last ''sexy'' pair hurt like hell.
You wonder ''what''s so wrong with granny panties, anyway?''
The Clinique or Lancome gal at the counter suggests their super-duper deluxe wrinkle eraser creams and potions.
You make your restaurant food choices while bearing in mind any gastric repurcussions that might occur. And just where you might be afterward, should they occur.
28.gif

And worst of all: you found yourself contemplating a cute little outfit at the dept store, only to realize you were looking at ''Alfred Dunner'' separates! Yikes!
32.gif
Absolutely hilarious. Love the granny panties one.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know you're old when:

The shoes you buy are comfortable first, then kinda cute. The last 'sexy' pair hurt like hell.
You wonder 'what's so wrong with granny panties, anyway?'
28.gif

And worst of all: you found yourself contemplating a cute little outfit at the dept store, only to realize you were looking at 'Alfred Dunner' separates! Yikes!
32.gif

9.gif
No Way, LOL LOL LOL! Holly please tell me you weren't really looking at Alfred Dunner separates (my mom tries to buy me that stuff and I take it back)
11.gif

LOL, granny panties too!

Date: 9/11/2008 12:49:08 PM
Author: ladypirate
When you and SO sit down to watch a movie that you just got from the video store (after both of you read the description and okayed it) only to realize about 10 seconds in that you've both seen it. In the last year. Together.

20.gif

LOL, that happened to us too! haha

This thread is killing me, too funny! LOL LOL LOL

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 8:02:28 PM
Author: Skippy123

You know you're old when:

The shoes you buy are comfortable first, then kinda cute. The last 'sexy' pair hurt like hell.
You wonder 'what's so wrong with granny panties, anyway?'
28.gif

And worst of all: you found yourself contemplating a cute little outfit at the dept store, only to realize you were looking at 'Alfred Dunner' separates! Yikes!
32.gif

9.gif
No Way, LOL LOL LOL! Holly please tell me you weren't really looking at Alfred Dunner separates (my mom tries to buy me that stuff and I take it back)
11.gif

LOL, granny panties too!

Date: 9/11/2008 12:49:08 PM
Author: ladypirate

20.gif

LOL, that happened to us too! haha

This thread is killing me, too funny! LOL LOL LOL

I have to confess, I've been confused a time or two by a shimmering mirage of 'almost decent' clothing across the aisle at Macy's . . . only to find I'm checking labels on the AD stuff! Stiff polyester and elastic waists, anyone?

Oh, thought of another one: you know the print tent dresses/tops so popular this summer? You know you're old when they look like old lady muu-muus on you! Where's my Pueblo Trading Co. catalog?
9.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ha! I bought my 96 year old granny an Alfred Dunner outfit for Christmas last year and the teenaged sales clerk said "I really like this outfit." Yeah, right!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results