shape
carat
color
clarity

you know, I should apologize to osirisgems...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently, the stone that I wanted to buy and did not buy was not Songea sapphire but a Tunduru sapphire.

I really liked the Songea sapphire that Soberguy got and expressed my frustration. I said that I wanted to buy it but did not because the color in Uli''s photographs looked too grey. I just found out that the stone I had been eyeing was Tunduru sapphire.

There is another Tunduru on the website now, and it is not "my" stone, and not my color. But I made the wrong assumption that I did not buy the Songea because it looked too dark in Uli''s photographs (implying that photography was not true to color) and it is obviously not so. I just confused the two stones.

Sorry, Uli! I really liked your Songea sapphire and I hope that Soberguy will enjoy it for many years. The fact that I do not like Tunduru sapphires is totally my problem.
19.gif

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
What sapphire???

pocadot

Rough_Rock
Crasru, did you mean Souled In''s songea sapphire?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. If you read that thread, I made some comments implying that Uli''s photography was not true to life. I understand now that I was talking about a totally different stone.

pocadot

Rough_Rock
Thanks for clarifying that crasru. I was considering buying a stone from him, but wasn''t sure about how accurate his photo representations of color were. I also remember another PSer saying their ametrine looked lighter in person than in the photo.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ametrine just does not photograph true to color - it has to do something with the cut, when I photograph mine it looks very much different tnan IRL. Nevertheless, I bought an amethyst from him after that, so it must have been worth while... I am sending both stones to bezel and let us see how they look when set.

pocadot

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 1:55:32 PM
Author: crasru
Yes. If you read that thread, I made some comments implying that Uli's photography was not true to life. I understand now that I was talking about a totally different stone.
oops sorry for the double post
40.gif

pocadot

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 7:12:13 PM
Author: crasru
The ametrine just does not photograph true to color - it has to do something with the cut, when I photograph mine it looks very much different tnan IRL. Nevertheless, I bought an amethyst from him after that, so it must have been worth while... I am sending both stones to bezel and let us see how they look when set.
Ooh! Please do post pics when your stones are set! I always wanted to see the liquid flower design in a piece of jewelry
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results