shape
carat
color
clarity

Yippee -- no work today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The wind & rain are fierce in Southern Oregon and power is intermittent so I get to stay home & play today. Maybe I''ll take pics of my birthday sparklie to post
11.gif

How''s the weather where you are?

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
It''s rotten. I''m in Northern CA, so I imagine our weather isn''t too much different.

It''s rainy, windy, fallen branches everywhere...just a mess. I still have power at home (hurrah! Sound like I''m one of the lucky ones!), but there is still power here at work, and I am here.

I ride my bicycle to and from the bus stop, so I''m rockin'' the drowned rat look. 40 minutes later I''m still chilled and drying off, so now I''m wishing I''d just bit the bullet, and parking costs, and just drove my car to work today.

The doggy we''re babysitting refuses to do her business outside in this weather.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a TOASTY 34 degrees out here in Maryland (was 10 degrees this morning when I left for work), cold cold COLD and probably still windy. It''s been windy for days. I hate winter with a deep burning passion.

At least it''s not snowing. *grumble grumble* When''s July? Soon, I hope.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeeks, Aloros, sorry you were hammered by the weather. Definitely should have driven! Sorry the rest of you are in similar straights. Even the poor birds are having a hard time. Here''s a pic of some goldfinches clinging to my fence. Poor things are trying to huddle under the tiny overhang to stay out of the wind & rain.

finches.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata, those poor little birdies.

The rain here is TORRENTIAL and at times approaches horizontal. It is some fierce wind that is rattling the windows. I''m not going to work in this - there''s nothing that can''t wait till tomorrow or Monday. I wish DH didn''t have to go out in this.
40.gif

There are some branches and small trees blown over in the backyard, and I keep hearing sirens wail by. I hope people are driving as carefully as possible. I saw on the news that several big rigs were blown OVER on the San Rafael Bridge. Scary.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel awful posting in this thread because of the dreadful weather elsewhere.

Here in Dallas, it's sunny with a high of 56 today, with highs in the 70s for the weekend! What weird, weird weather!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
N. CA storm:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/01/04/california.storms/index.html

It's kind of crazy outside!! Driving to work was slow going..the winds are strong. I have never been so happy for our underground parking garage at the office and that we have a real garage at home...I didn't have to get out into the rain at all. Brought my lunch and the gym is downstairs so I'll be going straight home later too!! Pretty scary out. I saw some blown over big tree branches in the roads and also on the freeway, a huge metal pole fell almost into the slow lane (good reason to drive in the other lanes!!).

FG, Greg just told me about the big rigs, that is seriously scary!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 12:59:48 PM
Author: Mara
N. CA storm:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/01/04/california.storms/index.html

It''s kind of crazy outside!! Driving to work was slow going..the winds are strong. I have never been so happy for our underground parking garage at the office and that we have a real garage at home...I didn''t have to get out into the rain at all. Brought my lunch and the gym is downstairs so I''ll be going straight home later too!! Pretty scary out. I saw some blown over big tree branches in the roads and also on the freeway, a huge metal pole fell almost into the slow lane (good reason to drive in the other lanes!!).

FG, Greg just told me about the big rigs, that is seriously scary!!
It is scary outside!!! I''m glad I don''t have to go out for long. I just hope my power is back on when I go home after work. It was out this morning as I got ready for work. And we couldn''t drive my car since it''s in our garage and we''d have to manually open and close it. What a pain! Luckily my husband and I carpool so we just drove his car, which is parked outside.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''m in Southern California right up against the burn area so we are on Mudslide and Flash Flood Alerts. I just heard that we might end up under evacuation. Again. Ugh. What a pain! Hopefully they don''t enforce evaucations in our area because the last thing I want is to have to try to pack up two cats and drag them off somewhere.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Matata, love the pussy cat pic!

We have had freaky weather today also. There were 60 reported crashes in our county this morning alone! Major roads closed, black ice etc. Authorities urging folks to stay at home. Not that the weather was particularly bad, just we were unprepared and some didn''t anticipate ice and drove too close and too quick.

So take care, enjoy your snow day if you have one. Matata, is right, snow day = excuse to take new bling pics, tv and hot drinks.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yeah we''re drowning here too (San Francisco) - a tree fell down against the back of our apartment building a couple of hours ago. Its blocking most of our windows and damaged the fence between our patio and our neighbors'' but fortunately it didn''t hurt the windows as far as I can see. Cats are totally freaked.

I''m worried about poor DH who had to go to work today, although he said he was fine driving there, and its supposed to let up a little bit by the time he has to leave tonight.

My mom and I were supposed to meet up today, but she couldn''t make it down from Marin County at all. I decided it wasn''t worth it to try to go to work - I have a long hike from my car to the lab, and its not a very safe area normally, I can only imagine what it is like in this weather.

Hope everyone stays warm and dry and safe and gets their power back soon! (I''m praying we don''t lose ours, but I''m not super-hopeful).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freezing here in PA, brrrrrrrrrrr.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 12:10:10 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 1/4/2008 12:00:10 PM
Author: Matata
Yeeks, Aloros, sorry you were hammered by the weather. Definitely should have driven! Sorry the rest of you are in similar straights. Even the poor birds are having a hard time. Here''s a pic of some goldfinches clinging to my fence. Poor things are trying to huddle under the tiny overhang to stay out of the wind & rain.
AWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Poooor babies!!!!!!!
8.gif
So sad! The pic you posted is a photo??? I saw the picture and thought it was a painting. I feel sorry for the little guys.

It was a chilly -3 this morning as I was driving to work (I''m in northern New England). I don''t think it got much higher than 20 today. Next week we''re supposed to have a heat wave with temps. in the 40s I think.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Here it''s colder than a well-digger''s ......Ahhh, you get the picture. I hope you guys stay warm and dry and that the wind doesn''t damage anything. I feel so bad for those purty little birds too. All you guys in the path of that storm stay safe. SDL, I think you''ve had enough on your plate for a while. My prayers are with all of you.

Matata, enjoy your B-day sparkly since there''s not much else you can do.
9.gif

shay

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say, stay safe everyone!! It sounds horrendous with the weather conditions there. As I type this, the birds are singing and the sky is blue, all my menagerie are enjoying the promise of an early spring type day - although that can change in an instant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results