shape
carat
color
clarity

Yikes--no wonder people have body issues!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Check out this website...I know photoshop has changed photography, but jeez! Its amazing to see the before/after photos in the portfolio section.

It is nice to know that Beyonce has a little belly roll like the rest of us, though!
2.gif

iWanex Studio

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap! Now I don't feel so bad!

Thanks for posting this! I need to send in some photos of myself for retouching! LOL!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, we all know that this goes on, but you know what sucks MORE than seeing the icky before shots and the beautiful after ones? Are before and after shots where the actress looks great both times around. That's EXACTLY why I cannot stand Halley Berry. She is just too perfect!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Boy does that make me feel better!! How amazing are those touchups?? very cool find Amandine!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I really sort of like people better with all their little imperfections. These are like movies with flashy special effects and no storyline - it just doesn''t compare to a good book. A face with all the freckles and lines just glows, and it so much more interesting to look at!

Plus it shows more about the person''s character - the thoughts that may be on their mind and the times they''ve been through.

The retouched photos are just...empty. They''re faces with very little hint of the person beneath.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow..that''s pretty insane! I''m with you about Halle Berry, MC! And Katherine Heigl looked ridiculously gorgeous before and after, too! Some of the others were crazily different, but a few just have really good genes!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why can't I see them???
33.gif
I just see the faces. I don't see Halle either; where is this?

ETA: I see now thanks; you have to roll on the pic and off. It is very subtle in some. Wow, Penelopes body really changes!! I think the lady's look better w/freckles.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting find...I agree that many of the faces w/o freckles just look unnatural, but I am AMAZED at what they can do with the bodies. Just click on then scroll on and off the photos of Kelly Clarkson, Katherine Heigl, or Julia Stiles in particular. Watch their breasts grow and their stomachs shrink before your eyes...

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, go to "Portfolio". After you click on one of the thumbnails at the bottom, the altered version will pop up. Holding your mouse over it will show you the original.

Aloros, I completely agree with you. Especially if you look at the originals before looking at the photoshopped ones, the altered ones look like soul-less dolls. I like "imperfections" because I think they show a lot more character. I love my freckles (it looks like those all got photoshopped out on that page) and I like my scars. I was actually really offended once when an acquaintance mentioned that a plastic surgeon could help me with the scar on my back -- the injury, pain, and surgery shaped part of my life. The scar's a physical reminder of that, and I wouldn't want to get rid of part of who I am.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Very cool find.

I think it''s so lame when companies use retouched photos to advertise things like makeup...it''s NOT going to make you look like that!! I have the same pet peeve with masacara ads that use fake lashes. Seriously deceptive.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I agree with you MC...Halle is such a perfect specimen. Ah lets just pretend to airbrush her.

Love your new avatar. I forgot you had the palm baby. Love it!! §

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thats awesome! you can find some really cool videos of retouching on youtube also...

pelican

Rough_Rock
wow, that''s cool but a little scary at the same time. it''s amazing how much touching-up the most beautiful women in the world "need!"

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I got my graduation photos last week, and they must have retouched them... There's no hint of under-eye darkness (there usually always is some, no matter how I try to cover it up!), my skin is flawless (I often have little acne bumps on my forehead) and my bleeding knuckle (of course I had to rip off a bit of skin just before the photoshoot
20.gif
)... what bleeding knuckle? And no frizz in my hair at all. I'm pretty pleased they retouched them, though, I must say I look darn good.
16.gif

As far as celebrities go, some are undoubtedy gorgeous. Others just look good after the makeup artists and fashion consultants are done with them, so I always take it with a grain of salt.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
This post reminds me of some of my favorite quotes:

Beauty is all very well at first sight; but who looks at it when it has been in the house for three days? - George Bernard Shaw

"Beauty is but a short-lived tyranny." - Socrates

"Show me a bueatiful woman, and I''ll show you a man who is tired of looking at her." - unknown (anyone recall this one? It''s a contemporary writer, I think done in a comedic context...?)

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
When did freckles become ugly....I am doomed....
7.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone check out Eva Longoria''s photo? Her waist is made smaller, but did anyone see that her rear and leg has been made bigger? Possibly it''s my imagination?

It''s hard to keep track of what body parts are in and which are out. Guess it''s time to fork out the dough for rear-end cheek implants!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 3:47:09 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Freckle mission complete
8.gif
Ah, you''re so cute with your freckles!!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 3:48:23 PM
Author: MC
Did anyone check out Eva Longoria''s photo? Her waist is made smaller, but did anyone see that her rear and leg has been made bigger? Possibly it''s my imagination?

It''s hard to keep track of what body parts are in and which are out. Guess it''s time to fork out the dough for rear-end cheek implants!
2.gif

Yup. I saw that too. They seem to make them a bit curvier.

Have a look at Cameron Diaz. They augmented her hips too. I have to admit that they both look better after the mods!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
BTW, I was featured in a national business magazine about a year ago. They sent a photographer who took hundreds of pics [boy was that tiring!]. I was sooo disappointed that they did not retouch them! I looked OK but I was hoping to see how I would look airbrushed - or whatever it is that they do - to be "perfect". LOL!

DB

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 3:52:50 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

Yup. I saw that too. They seem to make them a bit curvier.
Insane hip alterations. My hips are really narrow and it always makes me feel better to see actresses w/narrow builds, but now, wow, I need a holographic machine attached to my head that superimposes the "perfect" body-of-the-month over my bony hipped & flat chested one. Oh yeah, and height enhancement would be a great addition too. Maybe 5" taller. Not too tall though, because that may not be hip in a few years from now.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 3:13:09 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
When did freckles become ugly....I am doomed....
7.gif

Freckles are not ugly! I don''t understand why they have to touch them up so that they are gone completely... why not just even out the skin tone (like the do to all photos) and leave the freckles???

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
10.gif
MUAH! Thanks MC and SDL... The freckles will live to play another day (whether it is vogue or not)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like seeing freckles etc as well, it''s so much more natural looking. i mean whose skin is perfectly pearly translucent like that??

i also noticed that they airbrushed more curves on some of the gals, even penelope''s arms seemed bigger.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Iwanna...I love your freckles too!

I can''t imagine what my self esteem would do if I had to see pictures of myself before and after to see just what each different photographer had a problem with and wanted to "fix."

I can''t believe how much liberty they take...some of these are ridiculous, like Cameron Diaz must have been too "boney" or something because they actually added skin to her stomach!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
In addition to what everyone else has been saying (and I agree) I also thought most of the retouched photos looked way too blown out, like the re-toucher went way overboard with his fill lights and highlights. I think he was trying for a "glow" but they just look overexposed and faded to me. Did anyone else think so?

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
wow. That was mesmerizing...thanks, Amandine.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
So glad everyone has enjoyed it...I found it through a photographers blog. What I really find interesting is how they think wiping away every freckle, wrinkle and smudge under the eyes improves the faces. What a novel concept: Look! Celebrities have long nights and suffer from under eye smudges that make-up doesn''t cover, too! Nice to know that professional make-up artists have a hard time covering up everything, too!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results