shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellowish Green Chrysoberyls from Tan

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
They came today! They''re 7 x 5.1 x 3.8mm ovals. Not the same color as in the video listing here but they''re still pretty!

Back w/pictures shortly.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, do hurry up.
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Downloading to the computer as we speak. Not sure how they''re going to turn out the-just from what I could see on the little camera screen, they don''t look good. They''re a bright limey spring green IRL tho, so we''ll see. Sparklie suckers.

I took some pics w/my yellow supernova too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting patiently. . . okay, not so patiently!!
39.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
crap, sorry, i thought i could get them posted before lunch was ready!

I resized 4 for now. I *think* this is somewhat true to color..maybe if it was sunny out it would make a difference.

100_08061.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_08071.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Makes my yellow look brown, and it''s not brown at all IRL. Maybe that''s just a reflection or something.

100_08141.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one. What do you guys think?

Are shades of green hard to photograph or is it just me having difficulties? Maybe I''ll try different settings on the camera later. I did the flower w/these since they were close up.

100_08161.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m digging the green ones over the yellow one.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
agree

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The greenish ones are very bright. That sometimes interferes with the camera sensor. I will reserve judgement on the color until later tonight when I get on my good monitor. My current monitor makes everything look dead.. However, I will say that the two new stones appear to have good luster and sparkle, they are also greener than your other chyrsoberyl, which in the photo, apears to be more of a golden yellow, hence the reason you probably see more brown in it in your digital photo.

Do you have your white balance adjusted properly? My new trick with white balance for those using auto white balance, is to photograph the gems on your fingers. If your fingers look corpse colored or some other odd color than normal, then your white balance is probably off.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Im still digging the yellow one. Notice how in one view it still sparkles nearly all the way around the crown. The greens are nice too but they dont perform like the yellow one.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah, I know it, in these pictures, my yellow is not being so pretty as before. I didn''t see any of that when I was taking the pictures tho, all I could see was that I thought the greens didn''t look as pretty-turns out was the other way around. Ugh, I wish you guys could just come here and look at them!

I''ll try your trick on my fingers, TL and see if that works better.

Weird that the yellow didn''t look golden at all until I put it next to the greens to see the color/cut differences. Good thing the white zircons are going on either side of it and not the green chrysos!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought your yellow was always a golden, more canary colored chrysoberyl, even with the white zircons around it. I think it takes putting a gem next to another for some people to discern the color better though. Both colors of chrysoberyl are nice, greenish-yellow or golden-yellow, it''s just a matter of preference and even with both, you want them to be as saturated as possible.
1.gif
Now you have both kinds of chrysoberyl colors that are prevelant in nature, and you can have fun comparing them to each other. They are both nice in their own right, and I think the cutting on Michael''s stone is fab (high crown right?).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes, seeing colour can be tricky and it becomes easier when a different colour is placed next to it for comparison. Of course, you can always send ALL three stones to me to see them in person.
11.gif
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take more photos in sunlight and incandescent light since the green might go more green or yellow. These greenish yellows tend to color shift.
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, the yellow has the high crown-it''s so neat. I was kinda worried that I wouldn''t like the cut on the greens b/c I have such a weak spot for my supernova-I was antsy that they would be 1/2 & 1/2 or bow tied, but I don''t really notice anything other than pretty green!

I''ve not played w/them too much b/c it''s a tish breezy today and Trapper was following me around begging to see what I was doing. I did however spend a lot of time smiling and giggling like a dork b/c I''m so happy w/them. And heck, the price! My word, you can''t beat that w/a stick.

I''m super happy w/all my stones! Whatever color my yellow is, greenish yellow, canary yellow, I love him to bits.

Oh hey, before I forget, the green..is this a green that would look ok w/a little yellow gold? My plan again is a colette e/w bezel in argentium w/a thin bit of yg around the inside of the bezel up next to the stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2010 3:39:43 PM
Author: packrat
Yep, the yellow has the high crown-it''s so neat. I was kinda worried that I wouldn''t like the cut on the greens b/c I have such a weak spot for my supernova-I was antsy that they would be 1/2 & 1/2 or bow tied, but I don''t really notice anything other than pretty green!

I''ve not played w/them too much b/c it''s a tish breezy today and Trapper was following me around begging to see what I was doing. I did however spend a lot of time smiling and giggling like a dork b/c I''m so happy w/them. And heck, the price! My word, you can''t beat that w/a stick.

I''m super happy w/all my stones! Whatever color my yellow is, greenish yellow, canary yellow, I love him to bits.

Oh hey, before I forget, the green..is this a green that would look ok w/a little yellow gold? My plan again is a colette e/w bezel in argentium w/a thin bit of yg around the inside of the bezel up next to the stone.
I would love to see in a low carat yellow gold, 14K or lower. I think it would bring the green out more. I''ve placed my chrysoberyl on top of a yellow gold halo just to see how it would look, and I love how it brings out some of the green. I think white gold would wash the color out. Look for my chrysoberyl threads and you''ll see photos of it in there. It''s my cz halo setting that I test gems with for haloing.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''ll go take a peek around for your pics TL. So would you do all yg then, not just inside the bezel? Or would that be enough to keep it from being washed out? I wonder if the entire colette bezel could be yg and the rest argentium??

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think yellow gold around the stone is a good idea, even if the rest of the ring is white metal. Are you doing a ring with one or the pair?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, my original plan was to use 1 for a ring and either save the other for something down the road or sell it..but here I thought I was being such a smarty buying a pair and now I just want to use them both in 2 separate rings but stack them together b/c I like them so much.

Took some more pictures on my hand just now.

I''ll talk to Daniel more about the setting and see if the whole bezel itself can be yg or just around the inside. I don''t want a tube bezel ring so I''ll see what he can do.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I went a little wild, but here are more pics.

100_08221.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_08231.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_08241.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_08261.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock