shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 9:01:53 AM
Author: ma re

Date: 7/7/2009 8:17:59 AM
Author: stepcutnut

Date: 7/6/2009 4:46:59 PM
Author: packrat
I love yours D&T!

Nothing much to contribute, other than what''s going thru my mind right now..''We all live in a yellow tourmaline'' Sigh. This is what caffeine does me.
Thanks a lot!!! LOL, now I have that song stuck in my head :)
LOL, me too
9.gif
seriously... I can see my DD singing it now.lol

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Well the BB yellow tourmaline arrived today!

Not sure what I think about it, I really was hoping to find a nice large pastel greenish blue tourmaline for my birthday-but it was not meant to be, so I decided to order this one up to see what I thought of it in person.

It is a big stone(5.31ct, 11mm) which I am completely fine with and bright-but I am wondering if the tilt window will bother me too much-it's almost immediate with any little movement. The color is interesting, greenish yellow to a more pure yellow-no brown. I found a setting for it already, but it is way more than I wanted to spend. So I am on the fence with this one.

Some pics with my cell phone, less golden in person-but what do I expect from a phone camera :) Taken in Natural light and incandescent.

Yellow tourmaline7.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a bright gem! hmm, do you think the tilt window will lessen once set? I have one gem that is immediate with the tilt window too, and I kept it, however, it was very inexpensive so that was not a problem and it was very small. Will this be a ring or a pendant?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 12:46:37 PM
Author: D&T
Looks like a bright gem! hmm, do you think the tilt window will lessen once set? I have one gem that is immediate with the tilt window too, and I kept it, however, it was very inexpensive so that was not a problem and it was very small. Will this be a ring or a pendant?
It is a bright stone :) I really wish I knew if the tilt window will lessen once set! If not, it may drive me nuts!!! Am planning a ring for this stone :)

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
stepcutnut-as to weather there is a change in color depending on light source-yes-a slight change depending on the lights on at the time-mother natures treat to the receipe the has been on the books since times start-a sweet mix...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 2:40:42 PM

It is a bright stone :) I really wish I knew if the tilt window will lessen once set! If not, it may drive me nuts!!! Am planning a ring for this stone :)
Do you have a setting you can put the stone in to get an idea? If seeing any tilt window will drive you nuts I suspect that you''d have to find a pretty miraculous setting to get it to disappear altogether. Now, having said that, do you recall my LOGR Houdini setting? That made a HUGE central window virtually disappear! Not sure if you''re looking for a halo though?

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi,

These are not the beautifully cut custom stones usually featured on Pricescope pages but I think everyone interested in Yellow Tourmalines will enjoy this link: http://www.gggems.com/Yellow_tourmaline.htm

Jeff

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 12:24:02 PM

Not sure what I think about it, I really was hoping to find a nice large pastel greenish blue tourmaline for my birthday-but it was not meant to be, so I decided to order this one up to see what I thought of it in person.

It is a big stone(5.31ct, 11mm) which I am completely fine with and bright-but I am wondering if the tilt window will bother me too much-it's almost immediate with any little movement. The color is interesting, greenish yellow to a more pure yellow-no brown. I found a setting for it already, but it is way more than I wanted to spend. So I am on the fence with this one.

Some pics with my cell phone, less golden in person-but what do I expect from a phone camera :) Taken in Natural light and incandescent.
Sounds like a rare color for a tourmaline!! The description reminds me of Mochi's chrysoberyl

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/7/2009 8:22:48 AM

Date: 7/6/2009 9:18:37 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
How about this:
LD! That is a gorgeous stone!!!
I love that baby! If yellow didn''t look so terrible against my skin tone, I would have bought it a long time ago. I keep hoping some PSer will give it a kind, loving home, but no luck so far...

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 5:06:48 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Date: 7/7/2009 2:40:42 PM

Do you have a setting you can put the stone in to get an idea? If seeing any tilt window will drive you nuts I suspect that you''d have to find a pretty miraculous setting to get it to disappear altogether. Now, having said that, do you recall my LOGR Houdini setting? That made a HUGE central window virtually disappear! Not sure if you''re looking for a halo though?
Hi LD-I don''t have a setting that will fit this stone to see about the tilt window. I have found 2 settings I like-one a halo, one not. Still on the fence with this stone
7.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 5:16:39 PM
Author: Jeffrey Hunt
Hi,

These are not the beautifully cut custom stones usually featured on Pricescope pages but I think everyone interested in Yellow Tourmalines will enjoy this link: http://www.gggems.com/Yellow_tourmaline.htm

Jeff
Thanks Jeff!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 5:23:49 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 7/7/2009 12:24:02 PM

It is a big stone(5.31ct, 11mm) which I am completely fine with and bright-but I am wondering if the tilt window will bother me too much-it''s almost immediate with any little movement. The color is interesting, greenish yellow to a more pure yellow-no brown. I found a setting for it already, but it is way more than I wanted to spend. So I am on the fence with this one.

Sounds like a rare color for a tourmaline!! The description reminds me of Mochi''s chrysoberyl
I wish I had Mochi''s chysoberyl-It''s so lovely!!!

I have know idea if the color is rare or not, it is a nice color-just not digging the tilt window!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 6:21:41 PM
Date: 7/7/2009 8:22:48 AM

Date: 7/6/2009 9:18:37 PM

How about this:

LD! That is a gorgeous stone!!!

I love that baby! If yellow didn''t look so terrible against my skin tone, I would have bought it a long time ago. I keep hoping some PSer will give it a kind, loving home, but no luck so far...
It''s a gorgeous color!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The Gem Trader just put up a new drop today, and there is a pretty yellow tourmaline there. Link

No idea about any tilt window.

June-09-YTourm.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would rather not talk about the gem trader''s update... just look at what happened to my signature line below...

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
LoL Lady Disdain :), I noticed that cab earlier when I was checking out the new stuff. It''s really cool looking. Looking forward to pics!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 5:26:35 PM
I would rather not talk about the gem trader''s update... just look at what happened to my signature line below...
Lady D - That is a beautiful blue kyanite cab. But, I think you need to go for the unheated blue sapphire.
9.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty cab LD!
36.gif

I am envious of the person who snagged the cat''s eye alex!
18.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 6:45:51 PM
Author: brandy_z28
Very pretty cab LD!
36.gif

18.gif
It''s sooooo tiny, Brandy. Be glad you didn''t get that one. Hold out for a larger Cat''s Eye Alex.
31.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the Kyanite! I was 2nd in line, hope to see lots of pics :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 6:51:25 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Very pretty cab LD!
36.gif

18.gif
It''s sooooo tiny, Brandy. Be glad you didn''t get that one. Hold out for a larger Cat''s Eye Alex.
31.gif
Hey NOW! I did get that little Alex Cat Eye and am really excited to have it bezeled for a stacker ring!!!
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 9:07:02 PM

Very pretty cab LD!
36.gif

I am envious of the person who snagged the cat's eye alex!
18.gif
It's sooooo tiny, Brandy. Be glad you didn't get that one. Hold out for a larger Cat's Eye Alex.
31.gif
Hey NOW! I did get that little Alex Cat Eye and am really excited to have it bezeled for a stacker ring!!!
9.gif
OOPS! Just trying to make Brandy feel better.
2.gif

It is a darling little stone, with an awesome color change and a great value! (How's that??)
9.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 9:11:37 PM

Very pretty cab LD!
36.gif

18.gif
31.gif
9.gif
OOPS! Just trying to make Brandy feel better.
2.gif

It is a darling little stone, with an awesome color change and a great value! (How''s that??)
9.gif
9.gif
I do feel better, I will hopefully get to see pictures of it!
36.gif
YEAH SCN!!

I have a thing for small stones apparently, which hasn''t helped my list of wants. I buy a small one and the stone ends up staying on my list. The only thing that changes is the size of the stone I''m wanting!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crap! It was YOU!
29.gif
I wanted it so bad...... That''s okay though because I know it''s going to a good home.
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty cab LD!
36.gif

18.gif
31.gif
9.gif
Not you too?
23.gif
I was too late on the cute little Alex cat''s eye. It sure was priced well. I know you are just going to be over the moon with it. Congrats.
1.gif

Oh well, I decided to get the larger Alex cat''s eye on Brad''s page. Gosh, I hope it''s still available.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chrono - we are all in a plot to buy the stones you want before you do
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady D,
You have to start a new thread and post pictures of that gorgeous dreamy blue kyanite when you receive it. I was wondering since it is cabbed, whether it would be possible to set and wear it in a ring; there are no facets to wear down.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Well I decided that the yellow tourmaline wasn''t for me-I was hoping it would begin to speak to me, but it just didn''t-so it is headed back to Barry. A really lovely color and straight on the cut is fabulous, but I just couldn''t get past the immediate tilt window
7.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s my only beef with light coloured tourmalines; how easily it shows a window tilt. I''m sorry you don''t love it 100%.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2009 12:12:39 PM
Well I decided that the yellow tourmaline wasn''t for me-I was hoping it would begin to speak to me, but it just didn''t-so it is headed back to Barry. A really lovely color and straight on the cut is fabulous, but I just couldn''t get past the immediate tilt window
7.gif
ahh bummer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results