shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow or White Gold for lavender spinel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 3:45:53 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I vote for white, too. Maybe if you need the yellow gold, keeping the halo white, and the shank yellow. Also, doing the basket in yellow could be gorgeous, with the very top of the halo in white.

Either way, I'm sorry your search has been delayed, dear.
Thanks Hon - I am a big YG fan, but I gotta admit the photoshop of the all WG with the violet really looked awesome.

I don't know if I'm game enough to try 2 tone..but we'll see.

LOGR is actually being really cool about it - even though I've already won it, he's answering all my random questions and said just leave the order until I'm sure on metal colour..
So, nice and cheap - yay!

ETA: I didn't know either, I picked up the hints in Freke's spinel thread..

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 3:54:27 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I really wish I knew who 'no-name' is.
6.gif
He's in my spinel thread. You have to do some creative googling...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 3:47:35 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 8/23/2008 3:37:21 PM
Author: arjunajane
Freke, I have emailed Dan Stair, ''no-name'', ACS gems, (Jeff White in the past)..Any others I should try..?
Thanks!
You should try Peter. His email is in my spinel thread--from MonkeyPie more than 3/4 of the way down: Page 3 He''s super nice.

ACS is a good call because Barbara has a lot of contacts...

I think that pretty much covers it. Let me know what you hear from all of them, and then we''ll figure it out. And if I get any hints from anyone on my end, I''ll let you know.

Do you have a timeline you want it by?
Thanks Freke,
I have already heard back from both CWMNBN and Dan, who both sound lovely. Dan is apparently just about to pick some up, but he did mention someone ahead of me (I''m guessing your lovely self
5.gif
).. Hopefully he can do mine aswell.

Thanks for Peters email, I will try that too. Its a shame about gary, I really do love his faceting style *sigh*..

No particular timeline really - I have already "won" the mount though and need to decide on metal colour/basket size etc to finalize the order there..

Thanks for your help, I''m glad we are looking for slightly different colours, I will also say so if I hear anything else good. (I''ve been putting what I see i your thread).
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''m sad
15.gif

Nobody can find me a spinel for my setting
39.gif

I have emailed every contact and still no love..

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
From what I''ve heard, Spinel rough is getting harder to get a hold of. Have you gotten Barry''s email yet?

I''m thinking about getting a very light purple amethyst cut into a cushion. Have you thought about a different stone?

And do you have a time limit?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 1:19:07 AM
From what I've heard, Spinel rough is getting harder to get a hold of. Have you gotten Barry's email yet?

I'm thinking about getting a very light purple amethyst cut into a cushion. Have you thought about a different stone?

And do you have a time limit?
Hey hon - yeah Barbara gave it to me, but haven't heard anything back yet.

A number of the cutters got rough in, but it just wouldn't work for the size I need..they're going to try again at start of September, so hopefully more luck then.
Not really a time limit, I'm just impatient, ha ha . But thing is I haven't actually ordered the legacy style mount yet. I'm starting to think it may be an idea to "take what I can get" in the size of the stone, and have the mount modified..?

I never knew this kind of thing was so challenging, lol !
40.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear you!!!...believe me....

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 1:41:06 AM
I hear you!!!...believe me....
Are you not getting that Oval..??

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m getting the oval. It should be here around Thursday. I still have other options though...

And I don''t even get to check out Dan''s oval in person really...That is up to FF.

But I heard back from Barry today, about something that could be potentially negative or positive. It''s really a toss up...and I haven''t heard from Peter, but I''m assuming he''s still looking.

I hope to have a reasonable idea about everything by this weekend or maybe early next week. We shall see...

Has anyone presented any options at all? I know what you mean about impatient...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 1:52:00 AM
Oh I''m getting the oval. It should be here around Thursday. I still have other options though...

And I don''t even get to check out Dan''s oval in person really...That is up to FF.

But I heard back from Barry today, about something that could be potentially negative or positive. It''s really a toss up...and I haven''t heard from Peter, but I''m assuming he''s still looking.

I hope to have a reasonable idea about everything by this weekend or maybe early next week. We shall see...

Has anyone presented any options at all? I know what you mean about impatient...
Who''s Peter?

Nope, no actual options
7.gif
I dunno, maybe its the size and shape I need?
33.gif
From the start I''ve also said I''d take a malaya garnet (yum), but no love there either..

It seems a couple of them cannot get any more rough until Sept, but they''ve all been really nice about it.

I think that oval from dan looks fabbo, but of course seeing IRL will be the kicker.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peter Torraca. He''s a cutter too. Google ptorraca to see his flickr page. MonkeyPie let me know about him. He''s really really nice.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Seeing as its close to the colour I''m after, what do you all think about tanzanite for a ring?
Is it too soft?
I''m just not getting anywhere with the spinel is all
7.gif

Any advice?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about a sapphire?

Link Now that one is cut pretty darn wonky, but maybe it''s close-ish to the right color?

Link It''s a scissor cut (?) radiant.

I dunno...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou for the links and ongoing advice Freke..so far, I just haven''t seen the colour I''d like in a sapphire, plus they''re a bit more expensive..

What do you think of tanzanite?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
How often are you planning on wearing the ring? Tanzanite is absolutely beautiful IMHO...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 4:15:03 PM
How often are you planning on wearing the ring? Tanzanite is absolutely beautiful IMHO...
I guess it depends on how much I like the setting - likely not every day though, maybe every other day..?
I was thinking it would be well protected as its in that legacy style LOGR setting, but then again I won''t be covered during the actual setting process - too risky with tanzanite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results