shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Gold Wedding set pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty~

Thanks again for your compliments. I am so drooling over your set!
30.gif
30.gif
It is absolutely gorgeous! The center stone is so white and I love the shot that shows the arrows!!!!! Love it, love it, love it!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty thanks for the pics of your gorgeous set.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Everyone has beautiful yellow gold sets. There is a pear here somewhere that is set in a mountin of marquise diamonds. I really like that one, too, and marquise on the side usually would not be my first choice. Her''s is beautiful. Although I love the cleanness and the vintage of white gold, yellow gold still seems very, very rich to me. It reminds me of the pyramids, and all the Egyptian artifacts I studied in school. I don''t think yellow gold will ever be obsolete. It''s just not the current color of choice right now. In 20 years, white gold and platinum may be out of fashion. Who knows. I say get what you like and enjoy it.

Kelly

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 7:01:24 PM
Author: Catmom
Patty~

Thanks again for your compliments. I am so drooling over your set!
30.gif
30.gif
It is absolutely gorgeous! The center stone is so white and I love the shot that shows the arrows!!!!! Love it, love it, love it!
Thank you Michelle! My center stone is actually an I color but it does look pretty white in most lights.

Cflutist, You are welcome. My ring bows down to your pear, lol.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
EVERYONE''s ring bows down to that pear, LOL! OMG. It about knocked my eyes out, LOL!

It''s really fun to see everyone''s rings. They are all pretty, big or small.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not a size competition folks. Everyone''s ring is beautiful in its own way (otherwise you wouldn''t have choosen it). I often compliment other people''s rings because I like the design, the setting, and/or the stone. Beautiful diamonds come in all sizes (even my .04 ct melee is pretty
1.gif
)

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Of course not. They are all special and what is most important is the symbolism behind them. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable. Not my intention at all.

Kelly

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2005 8:17:21 PM
Author: lumpkin
Of course not. They are all special and what is most important is the symbolism behind them. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable. Not my intention at all.

Kelly
No problem at all.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow I just checked this thread and I love how well yellow gold compliments the skin tones of all of our lovely PS ladies. I would post Kaylagee''s lovely set but I have not yet quite mastered this how thing. But hers is lovely too...

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 7:54:43 PM
Author: lumpkin
Everyone has beautiful yellow gold sets. There is a pear here somewhere that is set in a mountin of marquise diamonds. I really like that one, too, and marquise on the side usually would not be my first choice. Her''s is beautiful. Although I love the cleanness and the vintage of white gold, yellow gold still seems very, very rich to me. It reminds me of the pyramids, and all the Egyptian artifacts I studied in school. I don''t think yellow gold will ever be obsolete. It''s just not the current color of choice right now. In 20 years, white gold and platinum may be out of fashion. Who knows. I say get what you like and enjoy it.

Kelly
Kelly, were you talking about my ring? Here''s a link to another yellow gold thread where I posted my set. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-yellow-rose-or-tri-color-gold-rings.26716/page-2

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Yes I was! I think the proportions of the pear to the setting are so harmoneous. Sometimes it is really hard to get just the right size/shape stone in just the right mounting. Yours is lovely. And of course, the pear is really beautiful, too.

Kelly

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...I happen to like yellow gold a lot. Earlier I went looking for photos of my ring among the pictures on my computer and guess what I found? Pictures of Patty''s rings!! Yes...I had saved them because I loved them so much. Now is that crazy or what? It seemed funny to see that Patty had posted photos of her rings here after I had that experience. Heck, *I* could have posted them for her! (Actually not. She posted many more this time. I have to go make copies of the new photos now.)

Deb ;-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some time ago Monsieur Rioux put together a collage of pictures of my solitaire and wraps to post here on Pricescope. Due to his efforts, I *am* able to post photos of my ring. The edge of my solitaire is so thin that one may not see the yellow gold very well from above. A side view would show how yellow it is, but there is no side view in this collage. The head of my ring is platinum; the shank is 18K yellow gold.

Deb

JoshCollage.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
patty

your set it''s so beautiful.
30.gif
10.gif
i know white metal is in style now but,deep inside i still love yg. oh btw;how wide is your e-ring shank? i love fat shank.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Can never have too many YG topics for me!
18.gif

Here''s my roval set. Thanks for the compliment Mat!
1.gif

3yelset.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Upper right photo is my first diamond e-ring w/wrap.

lower pic is Sep with diamond and my orig. wedding band

upper left is Sepkus mounting with garnet(after changing diamond back to first style)

20.gif
37.gif

yelsets.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
another of roval set minus the short digits.

onputer.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a lady on Ultimate Wedding . com who has just got married and has the user name UFBrooke. She posted pictures of your rings AGBF and has copied your idea to make her two diamond bands which she has since posted a photo off now she is married. I don''t know if she has been in contact with you so thought you may like to know that your set has been complimented in this way.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2005 4:58:11 AM
Author: pyramid
There is a lady on Ultimate Wedding . com who has just got married and has the user name UFBrooke. She posted pictures of your rings AGBF and has copied your idea to make her two diamond bands which she has since posted a photo off now she is married. I don''t know if she has been in contact with you so thought you may like to know that your set has been complimented in this way.

Wow! Thank you for telling me! I would love to see the photo. Are you able to locate it and copy it or tell me where exactly to go on that site to find it? I have never visited that site and have no idea how hard it is to navigate!

Deb

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Deb and DF. Deb, I have a whole folder of "other people''s rings." Nothing strange about that at all. :)

DF, my shank is 8mms wide and it tapers just a little bit. I also love a wide shank.
9.gif

Cflutist, I know it''s not a size competition here and I was just joking about my ring bowing to yours. I do adore your pear though and that is what I wanted to convey.

I had my three stone anniversary ring done in white gold because I love white gold with sapphires but I must say that nothing makes my heart soar like yellow gold. I guess I''ll always remember getting engaged and seeing all the beautiful yellow gold rings that were so popular then. If I saw something in white gold, I automatically thought "old lady ring" b/c that is what my mom''s generation wore. See? Everything that goes around, comes around eventually.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty, thanks for the compliment. Sometimes I am a little dense and can''t tell when someone is joking or not. Just ask websailor, he teases me all the time.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Patty, love the wide shank, too! What a pretty setting for your rb! You must have lovely fingers -- mine would look like little snausages in a shank that wide, but I admire them so much.

KGBF, I''ve never seen a set like that. That is so pretty! Did you have the wedding band custom made?

Kaylagee, you have a really nice collection. I love the engraving on your round solitaire. Your roval is very stunning as well.

Kelly

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2005 9:34:40 AM
Author: Patty

I had my three stone anniversary ring done in white gold because I love white gold with sapphires but I must say that nothing makes my heart soar like yellow gold. I guess I''ll always remember getting engaged and seeing all the beautiful yellow gold rings that were so popular then. If I saw something in white gold, I automatically thought ''old lady ring'' b/c that is what my mom''s generation wore. See? Everything that goes around, comes around eventually.
yep....when i got marry in 86,YG was in style.i told my wife,by the time the rhodium plate comes off on her 14k wg rings,YG will be back in style.
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kaylagee,Deb

beautiful rings.
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lildarlin,

I love your set! I really like the combination of rounds and baguettes and of course the yellow gold.
30.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Patty, I have to tell you that your ring is my favorite ring on PS! I just love it when you post pictures.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It won''t show the links unless you sign in as a member of the site so here is a quote:

"This is the inspiration for my wedding band (thanks to the PSer that I borrowed this from)...these are 3 seperate rings but the jeweler we went to said it would be better if we made mine as a jacket or an insert. We are using the diamonds from a ring that belonged to James'' grandmother."

This is what she wrote above your picture with your rings.

I will try to attach the photos she posted in the above links.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photo she posted beneath the quote I put above is the exact same one you have just posted of the composition.

I have tried to attach the two photos of her rings but it says file is either too large or too small and I do not know how to change this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results