shape
carat
color
clarity

Yeah!! I got engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jnybrk

Rough_Rock
I just wanted everyone to know that i made it off the list last Friday!!

We had planned to go to Florida last week on vacation but the trip was cancelled because of Dennis! so i went home to see my family. I had no idea that he had planned to do it then because we were going to be with my family all week. Anyway, he came up with a back-up plan that landed us in Atlanta Friday night to "cheer me up because i didn't get to go to the beach." This however was all a set up.

We Checked into the Four Seasons and went to eat at the Buckhead Diner. Of course this was a spur of the moment trip so i didn't expect anything. After dinner, which he didn't eat, we went on a horse and carriage ride through downtown Atl. It was beautiful. At this point i figure something was up because he was being so testy. but we went on the ride and then he took me back to the hotel. We go to the bar to get a drink and desert. Now i think that it will never happen. All of a sudden he says "lets take a walk." So he drags me across the street where we find a secluded park. There is a section with these beautiful lights that look like they belong on an old carousel...there beneath the lights he gets down on one knee and proposes!!!
I was shocked and excited
36.gif
I say yes, we hug and he jumps up and says we gotta go. Now I am completely confused. He pretty much dragged me up the street back to the hotel and up to the room saying, "I have another surprise!"

Inside the room was a beautiful scrapbook that he (with the help of his very crafty mother) made. It went through are entire 4 year courtship. It was wonderful. I cried harder at that than the actual proposal. Everything was perfect!
21.gif

Oh, and the ring it is a 1.14 modified brillant with a a halo of diamonds. I was thrilled. Even after a week i catch myself being completely distracted by it.

I promise to post pics as soon as i can take them! Thanks for everyone's support! Without reading on pricescope that everyone else is in the same boat with me i would have lost my mind.

Thanks again,
Jenny Brooke
37.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That''s sounds so lovely and beautiful.
Can''t wait to see pictures of the ring!

jnybrk

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! I was very surprised at how nervous he was!
37.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! The ring sounds so beautiful!!!

I think it''s funny how many of us ladies have either known about the proposal or at least figures something was up because "he was acting so weird!!!"

Congrats again!!!
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
jnybrk -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Sounds like a great weekend you two had, I can''t wait to see the ring
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful.
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aww, lovely proposal. congrats!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
jnybrk,
What a sweet proposal and love that he and your mother made a scrapbook of your relationship. Can''t wait to see your ring.
36.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
2.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Poor thing being so nervous...it sounds lovely though and Buckhead is a ton of fun! Congrats. I look forward to seeing your ring.
4.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Jenny-
HUGE congrats!! I love the scrapbook idea- can''t wait to see the ring!!!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!
36.gif

what a lovely and sweet proposal..can''t wait to see pictures of the ring ...

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S Jenny!!
36.gif

I love to hear about proposals. I love how he got so nervous he didn''t even eat! That was funny.
9.gif
The scrapbook is such a wonderful touch. I would''ve been wailing too. Can''t wait to see the ring. Post pics of the scrapbook if you can too!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
A late CONGRATS!!!! That ring sounds stunning--when can we see pics!!!??

Hooray for another graduate!!
36.gif
36.gif

jnybrk

Rough_Rock
i will try to post ring pics either today or tommorrow. things are crazy with my moving out of my apt this week and graduating on Friday! Thanks goodness! so sorry it has been so long but i promise to post them soon.

Thanks for all of the wonderful words! Everyone here is so great!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Congratulations on your engagement! That''s such a sweet proposal story! I love how he planned the whole evening for you & the scrapbook is just wonderful! Now you''ll always have a memento of your proposal. (Well, the scrapbook and the ring, which I can''t wait to see pictures of!!)
36.gif

jnybrk

Rough_Rock
I hope this works!!

jennys.jpg

jnybrk

Rough_Rock
i''m sorry i am so bad at posting and taking pictures!

jennys3.jpg

jnybrk

Rough_Rock
one more

jennys5.jpg

jnybrk

Rough_Rock
sorry again for the pics! oh and in the second one you can tell that its to big but i don''t want to be without it while it is being sized!
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooh la la la la-la-la-la laaaaaaahhhhhh
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s perfect
36.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
it looks amazing!!!

congrats!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
so delicate and beautiful. Congratulations on a gorgeous ring and making it off the list

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooh it''s beautiful!! are you still distracted by it?
1.gif
i think when i get my ring i will sit and stare at it for days, which isn''t good, since it seems that my proposal will be coming shortly before i begin my 2nd year of med school!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it''s so beautiful! So delicate and fabulous! Congrats again! I bet you can''t take your eyes off of it.
31.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
OH it''s soooooo beautiful!! Congratulations on graduating as well - what an exciting couple of weeks!!!

jnybrk

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody for your kind words. They mean a lot!!

oh, and i get really distracted by it, Brant laughes at me b/c he catches at me staring at it. it is really bad when i have my glasses on because it reflects and sparkles and it puts almost a spell on me!
emembarrassed.gif

but i love it, and its mine. After 4 years i just can''t believe it finally happened!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
g
30.gif
rge
30.gif
us ring! Many congrats!! I''m so glad your FI was able to come up with such a wonderful back up plan!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results