shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY! Signing off at #14!!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Please take me off the list! Nick proposed tonight, and there are TONS of flowers in my apartment! Story and many pics to come!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! Congrats! :appl: :appl: Yay, more list movement!!
We need a story, pics, deeeetails! :naughty:

Congrats, again!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES SWEETPEA & NICK!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

I gasped aloud when I saw the thread! I can't wait to hear more!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS SP&BC!!! Congrats!! great news! Can't wait for details but for now... enjoy that proposal! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: Did you get my message from Aud?? :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Please post photos here so I can see and squee!! I'm so happy for you! Please take pics of the flowers, too, and come back and share the whole darn story, pleasepleaseplease.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: so excited...post lots of pictures of the ring and the flowers!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations SP&BC!!! The flowers sound very romantic! Can't wait to hear the rest of the proposal story. :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats sweetpea!!!!! I can't wait to hear the story, and of course, oogle over the pics! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!

:appl:

I am so happy for you two!

Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it. :bigsmile:

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1354075522|3317083 said:
:appl: Did you get my message from Aud?? :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Please post photos here so I can see and squee!! I'm so happy for you! Please take pics of the flowers, too, and come back and share the whole darn story, pleasepleaseplease.
She sure did! I can't wait to see some flower pictures too!! :)

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1354107772|3317268 said:
madelise|1354075522|3317083 said:
She sure did! I can't wait to see some flower pictures too!! :)

Yes I did, you're so sweet Madelise, thank you!!

So here's what happened:

Usually my SO comes over on Tuesdays and we make dinner together, watch New Girl, and catch each other up on our week. He offered to bring groceries and make dinner for us since I've been so stressed out with studying (so sweet!). I am taking a maternal child health elective and had class from 4-7. Since it was just class for a few hours, I left looking literally like crap - college sweatshirt, leggings, hair a hot mess, and winter boots. I got home around 7:45 and as I'm driving up to my building, I see his car and my apartment lights on. I figure he beat me home and has already started dinner. I walk in and it's quiet, no cooking happening. I enter my common space, and see rose petals all over the floor leading up to my sitting area. I look up, and there are flower arrangements EVERYWHERE - 8 total! It hasn't yet hit me that he might be proposing. I had such a rough couple of weeks, I thought he was doing something super sweet since I absolutely love it when he brings me flowers. He comes to meet me and he's dressed in a suit, which I thought was his work attire. He starts telling me that he wanted to do something nice since I've been so stressed out, which partially confirmed my thought that he wasn't proposing.

But then, he started "the speech" and said all these very sweet things like how happy he was to be with me, how I am such an amazing person, how much I mean to him, and how he's so happy and lucky that he found the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. And that's when I knew, and I just burst into tears. He got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife, and I couldn't even say yes because there was too much water works going on. I first told him how lucky I am, and then said yes of course! It was AMAZING.

He then took me to an upscale steak house to celebrate - it was the best steak of my life. He shared with me all the behind the scene details around the proposal - he had known since asking to my mom's blessing how he was going to propose, but just to be thorough, he watched YouTube videos which got him super nervous because he thought I would expect something epic, like that movie theater trailer proposal (def watch it, it's SO sweet!). He realized he couldn't do it alone and talked to his friend who is a farmer that specializes in flowers who told him to support his local florist and ask her for advice as well. So he did that, and the florist was SO excited to have free reign to design all these arrangements. He left work earlier to pick up the arrangements and change into his suit (so cute!), and got to my apartment around 5 to set everything up. I told him everything was perfect and I couldn't be happier, which he was so relieved to hear because he was so scared what he did wasn't enough. Uhm, there are EIGHT gorgeous floral arrangements in my apartment - if he brought me one more, there would be a vase of flowers in my bathroom.

It was amazing and beautiful, and I can't believe how off guard I was about it! I thought he was going to propose after my exam, and around Christmas because he had been begging me to spend Christmas with his family. This proposal was WAY better than what I had in my mind!

After we got home we shared the news with our family who was still up, and went to bed, because we had too much champagne at the restaurant :twirl:

OK, enough with the story - PICTURES! Thanks for your patience reading the proposal, and if you didn't, enjoy the bling!

I'll post more pictures in SMTB! :wavey:

img_1326.jpg

img_1365.jpg

img_1367.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Omg ahhh seriously the most perfect proposal no think that's how I'd like it too, just the two of us alone and sharing our feelings hen going out to celebrate. So cute that he got nervous and thought it wouldn't be enough!! Now you have some good motivation for your exam and some beautiful bling to show his family at Christmas!!!

Ps love your nails!!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
OMG such a sweet proposal!!! Your ring is gorgeous and ditto on loving the nail color!!! That is sooo exciting and you get to wear your new bling to any holiday parties you have to go to!!

Congratulations again and Best Wishes to the two of you! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Enjoy every moment of this time because it goes QUICKLY when you start wedding planning :appl: Gorgeous ring! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old lady popping in - I think the way your fiance proposed was just perfect!!! I teared up a little reading your story, so so sweet - and so cute that he was afraid what he did wasn't enough! What a wonderful memory he created for you both! Congrats! (Oh, and your ring is to die for!)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! love love the story...and i love all the flower pics in SMTB!!!! CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOW PERFECT!!! what a great proposal!! So romantic and special and unique to you --- and it will NEVER be embarrassingly viewed on youtube!

Your ring is gorgeous - I'm going to watch for the thread on SMTB - beautiful!!! Congratulations again! :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
SweetPea! I love your proposal story! It is absolutley perfect an I like that you were totally oblivious to what was going on. He probably was worried the whole time that you knew what was going on and you didn't- he was able to suprise you! I love the new bling too! Gorgeous!

Promise that you will come and visit the LIWs often!

P.S. We know the couple (through friends) that did the iPhone movie theater proposal... totally them. They do parody videos on Youtube so it was totally them. TOOoooOO public for me. (Youtube iphone movie theater proposal).

lkc84

Rough_Rock
Yay!!!! Congrats!! Your proposal sounds absolutely perfect and sweet. Your ring is gorgeous too! :love:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, CONGRATS!!! :love:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Baww, thank you guys, you're all too sweet! It really was such a perfect night, and I have so many reminders in my apartment of his proposal. I made him PROMISE never ever to post that video ANYWHERE. I would be SO humiliated!

We're planning on a spring 2014 wedding, but we were already talking guest list and ceremony over our celebratory dinner! It was nice and casual though, and Nick is feeling great about planning with no time pressure. I seriously cannot wait, I am so over the moon about this. Sadly, my sister was not as supportive because she thinks we haven't been together long enough (about 15 months) but I don't think she'll ever approve of a guy unless he spoils me rotten, just like her husband does for her. She is INCREDIBLY lucky to have him, and sometimes I wish she could realize that. Anyway, another story for another time. If there's a rare warm weather day, I will try to get some pictures outside, and I'm still working on getting those closeups that everyone in SMTB wants. I hope I don't disappoint!

I've been around PS, esp LIW for such a long time that I feel like it's a part of me! I could never not come and visit! I'll be on BWW for a WHILE, and we won't set a wedding date until I schedule my 4th year of school, so I'll be limbo till then :twirl:

I'm sending engaged DUST to everyone on the list, I want to see list movement as well!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you and Nick! Wonderful proposal (I love that you were surprised on an otherwise ordinary day) and beautiful ring.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I loved reading the SMTB thread too. So happy for you sweetpea!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats sweetpea!!! I'm so happy for you! :) Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results