shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay! I won a spinel!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
For the price that is a real beauty. tiny inclusions and an amazing color. We do of course expect pics once you get it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally do not mind decently cut “native” cut stones but the culet is lopsided in addition to the overly dark tone.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a nice fun stone for less than $10. I picked up a pink spinel a while back for $10. I''ll never set it because it has some brown modifiers, but it gives me something to compare to when I''m looking at pink stones now. You may love yours, but if it turns out to be a learning stone, that is worth it too.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty; it reminds me a little of Freke''s Darth Vader spinel, which I''ve always loved.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Edit

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 8:02:27 AM
Author: Chrono
I generally do not mind decently cut “native” cut stones but the culet is lopsided in addition to the overly dark tone.
Wow. Thanks for killing my happiness. I wasn''t really looking for perfection as it is only $10. I''m aware it is not a truely awesome stone, but I found it to be pretty in it''s own right.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like it! It looks like grape juice!! Congrats on your new spinel!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
jax I think it is great that you won this stone. I have some ebay stones from tan that were cheap as dirt, are windowed and still i like them and they are useful and enjoyable to me. I am quite certain that Chrono has no intention or desire to "kill your happiness". Her observations are objective and valid. The culet is annoyingly off, but then the floaters between the table and the culet sort of get in the way of that. The tone is dark but so what? Chrono is the last person who would rain on someone''s parade. In fact she wields an enviable balance of knowledge, taste and well, a sort of benevolent concern. You are certainly entitled to your happiness, and if you apply some of the things you might learn from Chrono your happiness will be even greater. I hope that doesnt sound ingratiatingly sycophantic, and I do like your spinel despite it''s faults.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Uhh..benevolent concern?

One''s taste in colored stones shouldn''t attract another''s concern.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I know it sounded corny to me too.I was going to say "fealty" which I thought sounded like what I meant, but the dictionary disagreed with me. I wasn''t thinking about this thread particularly just my overall impression over time. So I didn''t mean that in reference to concern over anyone''s taste in stones. Just enjoy your spinel.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
"Benevolent concern" over 10 dollars? Really? I think its cute.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
to be quite honest, I did not bet on this stone because it looked too dark to me as well. But it would be a good way of first time buy from a vendor I do not know, just starting with something inexpensive and nice, if imperfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results