shape
carat
color
clarity

xmas mark-up?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skimmy

Rough_Rock
i''ve been looking for a diamond for a couple of months now and have been told that since september, the prices of diamonds have gone up. is this true? and how much of this price increase is due to a xmas mark-up?

on a slightly different topic, are asschers more expensive than plain emerald cuts? what about asschers compared to cushions?

thanks,
skimmy

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
You could run a search on the home page to compare prices of stones with similar specs. I think generic cushions and generic asschers are similar in price. Royal asschers and some branded cushions will both cost more.

I have not noticed an increase in price in the past few months...

diamond island

Rough_Rock
I do think prices went up maybe about 8-10%. I have been following certain stones for a while and have seen them go up in price. Some vendors will say the prices will stay up even after the holiday season, dont know if this is just something they say to get you to buy now. Maybe the prices will stay up. Dont know. It is economics 101, supply and demand.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If mark ups did not go up before Xmas there could be no post Xmas sales
29.gif

To compare asscher and emc prices, do some searches on the form just above and you can see real time for your self.

Then post and tell all what you found
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results