shape
carat
color
clarity

X-Mas Shopping. Help me I need Your Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ms_claudia

Rough_Rock
I need some help with my X-Mas shopping list.... I don''t kno what to get for the following people...

Cousin Jeremy: no clue... probably something electronic from sharper image, but what?
Cousin Jeremy''s GF soon to be Fiance: Should I even get her anything at all? They are supposed to get engaged and all but I''m not sure if I should get her anything. Truth be told, I don''t really like the girl, which makes me feel inclined not to get her anything. I just don''t want her to feel left out, or make my cousin jeremy feel bad.

Cousin Cindy''s new fiance: Again, should I even get him anything at all? The thing about him is, I LOVE HIM! He is a great great guy and I''m soooooooo happy my cousin married him, he''s not only good to her but he''s good to the rest of my family (esp. my little brother which equals huge brownie points with me). Their wedding was in october, and I bought them a digital camera. I''d really like to get him something I just don''t know what. I''m considering a joint gift for him and my cousin Cindy. SUGGESTIONS PLEEASSEE!

Mom: a HUGE dilemma... she hates for me to spend a lot of money on her but I still want to get her something really special since I only see her once a year at x-mas time (I live in NJ, she lives in CA) . She likes very original funky things, loves interior design/home decor, but is a very very very practical person...

For the rest of the gang, so far I''ve got...

Brother: A Gucci wallet that matches all his other gucci gear

Aunt: Swarovski Crystal trinket boxes (she collects them)

Uncle: A bottle of wine or sake.

Cousin Cindy: A coach wallet/wristlet/or coin purse to go with the coach bag i gave her last year.

Dad: I''ll send him a card or give him a call on x-mas day. (we don''t have a good relationship)

BF: iPhone.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Cousin Jeremy: what are his interests/hobbies? Is he a music person? Is he a gamer? Is he a huge fan of a certain sports team? Etc.

Cousin Jeremy's GF: Maybe a gift card to her local mall or a store you know she likely frequents (i.e.Sephora, Gap, Nordstrom, Bed Bath & Beyond...)

Cousin Cindy's FI (or is he a new hubby?): Maybe a digital picture frame, accessories for the camera, a Home Depot gift card, or maybe a tool set or drill if he's a "Mr. Fix It" kinda guy

Your Mom: are there any local craft fairs going on near you? She might like something cool like a blown glass bowl or hand-painted wine glasses (just two random thoughts that popped into my head) made by local artist. If not, try browsing www.etsy.com.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 12:31:35 PM
Author:ms_claudia

I need some help with my X-Mas shopping list.... I don''t kno what to get for the following people...

Cousin Jeremy: no clue... probably something electronic from sharper image, but what?

Cousin Jeremy''s GF soon to be Fiance: Should I even get her anything at all? They are supposed to get engaged and all but I''m not sure if I should get her anything. Truth be told, I don''t really like the girl, which makes me feel inclined not to get her anything. I just don''t want her to feel left out, or make my cousin jeremy feel bad.

Cousin Cindy''s new fiance: Again, should I even get him anything at all? The thing about him is, I LOVE HIM! He is a great great guy and I''m soooooooo happy my cousin married him, he''s not only good to her but he''s good to the rest of my family (esp. my little brother which equals huge brownie points with me). Their wedding was in october, and I bought them a digital camera. I''d really like to get him something I just don''t know what. I''m considering a joint gift for him and my cousin Cindy. SUGGESTIONS PLEEASSEE!

Mom: a HUGE dilemma... she hates for me to spend a lot of money on her but I still want to get her something really special since I only see her once a year at x-mas time (I live in NJ, she lives in CA) . She likes very original funky things, loves interior design/home decor, but is a very very very practical person...

For the rest of the gang, so far I''ve got...

Brother: A Gucci wallet that matches all his other gucci gear

Aunt: Swarovski Crystal trinket boxes (she collects them)

Uncle: A bottle of wine or sake.

Cousin Cindy: A coach wallet/wristlet/or coin purse to go with the coach bag i gave her last year.

Dad: I''ll send him a card or give him a call on x-mas day. (we don''t have a good relationship)

BF: iPhone.

I just finished wrapping gifts, so I''ll give you my 2 cents. I''ve bought gifts for kiddos in their 20''s. It''s tough for me because I am far removed from that age!

Jeremy - iPod ear phones, iPod speakers...outdoor maybe... car detailing bucket full of expensive waxes and such, Think Geek catalog for electronic/computer gadgets,
Fossil brand watch (requested from one of my nephews) clothing, I also bought one nephew a washed corded sportcoat from the Gap (on sale)
gift card to Best Buy (is Sharper Image still in business?)

His GF - if she is going to be around during gift giving, then I would include her as well. Maybe a nice basket from Bath & Body Works, Sephora or Victorias Secret.
makeup bags....basket full of manicure/pedicure stuff

Cousin Cindy and H - did they get everything on their wedding registry? Maybe a joint gift, restaurant card ? and then something personal.

My daughters BF loved the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo I had in the shower when he visited. I bought him a very large bottle and also bought a tea tree
shave foam and a body bar. I will get him some other things, but I know he likes this stuff, it smells so good. I''m thinking of an air compressor for his garage
and some car stuff (loves his car and takes great care of it)

Your mom, a funky decorative box include a restaurant card, artsy martini glasses, a book of interior design - there are some great ones out this year

One of my relatives asked for a bedside clock that projects the time on the ceiling. It also displays the outside temp.
I thought it was a cool gift - lots of them on the web.
Good luck! I know it''s hard. I have a tough time every year, but somehow I get it done.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Since your mom is into interior design, I would get her a subscription to an interior design magazine.One of my personal faves is House Beautiful. It''s the one that I look forward to every month. And then other than that, someone mentioned interior design books, go into a book store and take a look as there are some awesome ones out now.

For cousin Cindy and her new hubby, I would find out if they go everything from their registry and go from there.

For the girl you don''t like, a gift card.

And maybe cousin Jeremy would like a new wallet or something like that. What does he do for a living?

msclaudia

Rough_Rock
thank you so much for the ideas guys, they are greatly appreciated!

the digital picture frame is definitely on my list, I''m gonna give it as a joint gift to my cousin Cindy and her hubby.

the funky box is also on my list. I was recently looking for jewelry boxes and found a really cool wooden, pearl inlaid box but I didn''t buy it because I''m looking for something vintage, filigree, glass. But I think my mom would adore it. I think I''ll buy her some jewelry and put it in the box. What do you think about that?

My BF insists that I don''t get my cousin Jeremy''s gf a gift, he says "She''s no relation to you", but I know her family is overseas so she''ll probably be with us on x-mas and I want to be nice, I''m gonna take your advice and get her a bath & body works / body shop gift basket... one of the small cheaper ones... I don''t wanna drop a lot of coin on her, I enjoy spoiling my loved ones... she''s just not one of them... not yet anyway.

my cousin jeremy... he has all the ipod stuff already. and he''s definitely a techie, very into his electronics. I would buy him cologne but I know he has a ton already... I''m probably gonna have to wander around sharper image and brookstone and find something really neat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results