shape
carat
color
clarity

WWYD (in-law question)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
yes tacori, a large family photo of everyone (our wedding) in the formal living room (both sides of family including all kids and the new SIL who was GF at the time). There are no additional photos of either set of parents other than that. Wedding photos of just us are in our bedroom. I didn't overthink this at the time I displayed them-- just paying attention now that you ask...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Janine, I have a feeling this isn''t the case - but are you absolutely certain that you haven''t overlooked a photo? I was ticked that my ILs just had one photo - I think it was of everyone minus me or something displayed after our wedding.

So, for Christmas, DH and I ordered a photo and framed it.

On Christmas morning, my SMIL opened it and said, "OMG, another wedding photo?" and pointed to the COLLAGE - yes, collage - that she had put together and put on the wall of the formal living room. I''d looked on the TABLE in the living room that had all the family photos and didn''t see a wedding photo, but never dreamed we''d take up wall space.

I was totally mortified.

Anyway, I guess the bottom line is that even if your MIL is doing this on purpose, after you''ve given her photos, I can''t imagine that anything you do will make a difference. So - in terms of "wwyd" - I guess I''d do absolutely nothing
20.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i''m positive elmorton. I''ve actually been keeping my eye on photos since before we were engaged! (since there was one of DH''s ex-gf in an old family photo back then). After our wedding I just watched like a hawk for one to go up (since they couldn''t say they didn''t have any!). Then I just let it go thinking they''re busy, distracted--plus so was I! Now that the newest family addition''s photo went up asap..well it brought it all to the surface again.

This theme goes way back but always subtle so I was never sure if I was just being ridiculous and hypersensitive. But once the LO came along and no gifts, visits..well then it turned into something deeper for me. The photos are just another reminder.

You''re probably right, not much I can do other than be a masochist and keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results