shape
carat
color
clarity

WSJ article - Laptops Hot, Baubles Not

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kareen357

Rough_Rock
Todays WSJ published an article comparing holiday sales from Thanksgiving/Christmas time in ''04 to "05, retails sales are up (home furnishings, consumer electronics, etc) BUT Jewlery down. They did not break it down, but I guess it was a tradeoff between an "diamond upgrade" or a Plasma TV for the family. Consumer electonics up 10.5% in above mentioned period, Jewelry sales down 4.6% in same period. Or maybe the consumer is sick and tired of prices on diamonds going up every other month, and have just had enough.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
LOL, my dad just told me he read somewhere in the newspaper that this year "bling is out." Well, that will NEVER be the case for me!!
31.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
The story has been running all day on Headline News. I haven't been paying too much attention- they're saying something to the effect of that Jewelry was a category that saw a decline in sales this Holiday season.

Another Holiday "miss" category was Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results