shape
carat
color
clarity

wow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I''m engaged. I''m actually engaged. I am still staring at my left hand in disbelief.

Many of you have no idea who I am, because I predominantly lurk. I have read this board often, however, as I worked through my own LIW issues.
35.gif

To sum up who we are quickly... We are both in our mid-twenties. We have been together for over six years. We dated through college and grad school, and have basically become adults with each other. The main hardship is that we have been long-distance for the past several years.
7.gif
Above all, he is my best friend. I was simply ready for marriage before he was - hence my LIW board lurking!

But, he proposed this past Saturday.
36.gif
I can''t stop smiling. I know this post isn''t overly coherent, because my brain still feels fuzzy!

It was wonderful. It was so "us." We were at one of my favorite places on this earth. After dinner, he told me he had a game for me to play. It turned out to be a series of puzzles/riddles for me to complete. I would complete one and then move forward. (I LOVE puzzles, games, trivia, brain teasers - you name it! So I was loving it!) After the last puzzle I opened a box which had the ring, roses and a quote that is especially meaningful to us. After he asked, he showed me a DVD he had put together of photos of us from childhood through adulthood. (We didn''t grow up together. He juxtaposed similar stages of our lives through pictures he had gotten from my mom when he asked for my parents'' blessing.) The DVD was set to one of my favorite songs. Then we took a walk on the beach as the sun was setting.

I started crying as soon as I opened the last box, and cried even harder when watching the DVD. I just kept saying "I never thought I''d cry!"

So, the proposal was perfect, and I LOVE the ring! It has so much life! People at work kept saying "Why does it sparkle so much?" and "How did you get such a sparkly one?" I kept staring at it while driving today (I wouldn''t recommend that
20.gif
) I keep moving from light source to light source to see what it looks like.

I am just so, so happy and had to share with perfect strangers who would be genuinely excited for me. Thank you for giving me a forum to gush and babble! Sorry for any and all run-on sentences.

I''m off to stare at my hand and sigh for the 900th time today.
9.gif

Munchkin

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful proposal! I wish you the best!
Blu

PS did I miss the ring or have you yet to post a pic?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t own a digital camera.
7.gif
I didn''t think to borrow my boyfriend''s before he returned home- two states away!
I can''t even call myself a proper member of pricescope with this behavior!
2.gif

Thank you for the good wishes.

Munchkin

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Shame, shame [yeah, coming from me - the queen of (ETA crappy) cell phone pics!]. Wanna borrow my cell phone? ;-)

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Munchkin! Reading your story made my heart feel all warm and fuzzy! I am so happy for you!
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats on the engagement. Do any of your friends or family own a digital camera? Please describe the ring to us while you try to locate a camera. And don''t forget the specs!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Munchkin!! congratulations!!! the proposal sounds wonderful and one can just sense ur happiness just by reading your post!!! of course, that doesn''t mean that we are not waiting on you to figure out a way to post that ring coz im dying to see it!
31.gif

Oh, and i love your nick..''munchkin'' is what my husband calls me all the time ;-)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Munchkin, what a great engagement story! You came to the right place. At least describe your ring for us vampires! Your guy sounds sooo creative and seems like he wanted this to be so special for you both. I am thrilled for you two...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
awwww, that was such a wonderful proposal! I''m with Milly, feeling all warm and fuzzy. So sweet, and so happy for you! Congrats and best wishes
36.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS MUNCHKIN!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Great story!! That is so fabulous that he went out of his way to mkae so heart-felt and special. When you least expect it, men can pour on the romance! HE''S CERTAINLY A KEEPER!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Double post...sorry
7.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a perfect proposal story! The games are so fun and the DVD is so romantic and thoughtful, bonus points for your soon to be hubby. Congrats Munchkin!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Munchkin, what a wonderful, perfect proposal! That''s so sweet that he made a video, a trivia game, everything for you. What a thoughtful gesture! No wonder you cried!

You sound so happy--I''m just thrilled for you! Enjoy your engagement & your new ring! (please post pics for us when you can!) Congratulations!
36.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Munchkin!

Congratulations!! That is such a fantastic proposal & we can''t wait to hear about the ring (if we can''t have pics we must get a description!!). Hang on to that fuzzy feeling - it''s so much fun!!! OH, and the ring gazing while driving? I still do it - although I try to contain the obsession to red lights...
2.gif

Congrats!!!!!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yea!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations to you and your new fiance!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! How wonderful! Congratulations! Too bad we won''t be able to see your sparkler, but its always exciting to hear that another LIW has been crossed off the list. Congrats again, and don''t get too distracted while driving!
1.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

congrats Munchkin !! that is SOOO great and such a lovely proposal - so sweet and romantic and ''you'' as you said. It''s wonderful !

just as teebee said, you''ll be admiring your ring for a long time ! and to think that this is only the beginning !!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a romantic husband-to-be you have! Be careful driving, the obsession doesn''t stop, it actually gets worse when you''ve added a wedding band!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Can''t wait to see pics. :)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes please describe!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh and silly me- CONGRATS!! It''s a great story!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Too cute!!! Love the proposal story
1.gif
Many congrats!!!!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all of your replies!
I just keep smiling like an absolute goofball.

I should have access to a digital camera this weekend. But, in the meantime... the ring is from the 1950s. It is a 1.61 RB set in platinum and flanked by two tiny RBs (set north and south of each other), then a baguette, then another tiny RB. There are some touches of milgraining around the melee sized RBs.

It came from Leigh at antiqueengagementrings.com. Unfortunately, the pics that were on his sight of the ring were taken down this past weekend - although they SO didn't do it justice. I love it so much. My FI made a great final decision!

Rough stats include G color and I1 clarity. I NEVER thought I would want a ring so low in clarity! But, I can only see one cloud when I look for it, and it is totally masked by sparkle if light hits the stone. It was a great deal!

I am still giddy!

Munchkin
PS I have discovered that it really is difficult to drive while staring incessantly at my left hand. Maybe I'll just find a carpool.
2.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds amazing Munchkin!! I''ll look forward to the pictures! In the meantime, let us know how the carpooling works out!
2.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Munchkin,

It sounds like such a beautiful ring!
36.gif
I can''t wait to see the pics! You must show us dozens of pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results