shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow, really impressed with Lowes customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Eight weeks ago DH and I bought a new dishwasher from Lowes. We checked all of the local places that carried it, compared their sales and rebates and finally decided to go with Lowes (even though we''ve been huge fans of Home Depot thus far) because it was about $50 cheaper. The rebate was supposed to take 4-8 weeks so I set up a reminder in my google calendar and when it popped up yesterday, I realized that we hadn''t received the rebate yet. I checked online and called the number and was told that they never received any rebate form from me and I''d have to call the store. I figured at this point that I probably wasn''t getting my $100 rebate
8.gif
, but I called and left a message for our sales associate anyway. He called me back this morning and was very apologetic and offered to refund the $100 to the credit card we used to purchase the dishwasher so that we don''t have to wait another 4+ weeks to get a rebate in the mail!
23.gif

Now that''s what I call customer service!

I''m not sure if this is common of all Lowes stores or even all associates, but after this experience, I don''t think I''ll buy from anyone other than this guy.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that was nice of them!

I also must say that I was a Home Depot person, and after one experience at Lowe''s, I greatly prefer it. I just get a better "feeling" when I''m there, and there associates are usually more helpful and more knowledgable.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 10:43:52 AM
Author:robbie3982
Eight weeks ago DH and I bought a new dishwasher from Lowes. We checked all of the local places that carried it, compared their sales and rebates and finally decided to go with Lowes (even though we''ve been huge fans of Home Depot thus far) because it was about $50 cheaper. The rebate was supposed to take 4-8 weeks so I set up a reminder in my google calendar and when it popped up yesterday, I realized that we hadn''t received the rebate yet. I checked online and called the number and was told that they never received any rebate form from me and I''d have to call the store. I figured at this point that I probably wasn''t getting my $100 rebate
8.gif
, but I called and left a message for our sales associate anyway. He called me back this morning and was very apologetic and offered to refund the $100 to the credit card we used to purchase the dishwasher so that we don''t have to wait another 4+ weeks to get a rebate in the mail!
23.gif

Now that''s what I call customer service!

I''m not sure if this is common of all Lowes stores or even all associates, but after this experience, I don''t think I''ll buy from anyone other than this guy.
It''s not. But I live in Miami.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I love good customer service stories. They always make me smile.

Glad everything worked out for you!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Good for you for following up on the rebate, Robbie! Many people don't do that.

I too am a fan of Lowes. I never really had a perference for either Lowes or Home Depot before I bought my home.

After spending countless hours in both, I now shop at Lowes- even if the price is a bit higher than the Home Dumpster, as I like to call it.

Spot-on customer service, and a pleasant shopping expererience go far in my book.

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
We''re in the middle of renovating our new house and for the first month I think we were seriously in Lowes or Home Depot every day. We ended up doing almost all of our business with Lowes (we only bought 2 things at Home Depot) because of the service we received there. We did have 2 issues (paint and flooring) but each time they were dealt with favorably. I think the fact that we had been such loyal customers (they recognize us now when we go in) probably made a difference.

The two stores are only about a mile apart and we probably live an equal distance from each of them (so they''re equally convenient) and the prices are usually close to the same (on the items we''ve purchased) BUT what really made the difference for us was the fact that at Lowes there is always someone willing and able to help you. At our Home Depot you''re lucky if you can even find someone to ask your question and then typically it''s "not their department". You can''t beg someone to sell you something at our Home Depot.
1.gif
Considering that fact I''d be curious to see how they''d respond if there was an issue with a purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results