shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow, our kitchen made it to the HGTV Design Happens Blog!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!! I am jealous, our little apartment kitchen is just plain silly looking.
12.gif
Beautiful kitchen though!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I love the deep cherry color of your cabinets! Congrats!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 12:11:57 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Awesome!! I am jealous, our little apartment kitchen is just plain silly looking.
12.gif
Beautiful kitchen though!
Thanks, Sarah!

To be honest - we just went with a standard backsplash and mid-grade cabinets when we built our house. We always knew we were going to replace the backsplash, and add an island later on (preferably with a trash hole ala Jamie Oliver''s show) - but it''s still pretty cool to be mentioned in the blog.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, Your home is absolutely gorgeous. The outside, inside, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Your did a lovely job decorating!!!!!
36.gif

Linda

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, Lizzy - that was about the only thing in the kitchen we were 100% sold on.

Date: 7/23/2008 12:22:16 PM
Author: Linda W
Lauren, Your home is absolutely gorgeous. The outside, inside, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Your did a lovely job decorating!!!!!
36.gif

Linda
Linda - thank you so much! It''s a never ending job, but I think I have most of it done! I have one bedroom upstairs (the Cats'' room) that looks like a bomb exploded in it, but that room will likely become our guest bedroom and the current guest bedroom will become a nursery. In a few years.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It''s always fun to get recognition for something you''ve planned and worked hard on. It is a very nice look!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Lauren!! That''s so awesome!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well now, how cool is that??! Beautiful Lauren, and congrats!
36.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome Lauren!! Isn''t it nice to see your work out there for the world to see??

The cabinets, and the whole kitchen shot looks fabulous!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely kitchen!!! I love the cabinets! Congratulations on being featured!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome Lauren!!! Congrats!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so awesome Lauren! You have a very lovely house
1.gif

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY...congrats!!!!!!! You are wayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of me. Your house is stunning. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

we too just re-did our backsplash with glass subway tiles and now we''re on to painting!!!!!! We chose DalTile Glass Reflections. If I can find a pic i''ll post one!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
How cool, I bet you were not expecting that! :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I had to check out for a bit . . . MGR, Meresal, Ellen, MiraclesRule, KCourselle, Kaleigh, Skippy, Blondie, and Omieluv - thanks so much for checking it out! I was shocked this morning when I saw it!
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 3:14:58 PM
Author: blondie23
LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY...congrats!!!!!!! You are wayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of me. Your house is stunning. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

we too just re-did our backsplash with glass subway tiles and now we''re on to painting!!!!!! We chose DalTile Glass Reflections. If I can find a pic i''ll post one!
Thank you so much! My backsplash was the stock 6x6 ceramic Ryland offered, just had it installed on the diagonal so it would look somewhat interesting while we were looking for our "forever backsplash"!

I looked up the Glass Reflections mosaic, and it''s GORGEOUS! Love the colours, Urban Camouflage looks like it may work with our kitchen perfectly! I need to figure out how many sq. ft. I would need, because I''m almost ready to click BUY right now! Must remember - must ask DH if he likes it!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!!
36.gif

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
I too LOVE the mosaic but in the end we decided it may look to busy with our granite (we have santa cecila which has ALOT going on)...so we decided to go with the subway tiles in a brick pattern...we chose the color "Whisper Green". We got it through DalTile for $19.59/sq ft. I know that places like The Great Indoors were charging close to $45/sq ft which is insane! Glass is more expensive than tile but I LOVE it and am so glad we went with it. We''re in the process of painting our kitchen Restoration hardware''s silver sage which I also LOVE. Let me know what you decide.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That''s so cool, Lauren! And your kitchen looks fabulous, too. Feel free to share some more photos with us
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
WooHOO Lauren!
36.gif

Lovely kitchen!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is so exciting and cool! It looks like a great space...

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a great space. I love the color of the cabinetry. I have a question, have you thought about adding pulls or knobs to the drawers fronts and doors?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Great kitchen, Lauren! I like how all the colors & textures work well together.

I used to frequent the HGTV and Food Network sites much more often, but I no longer work for them so I''ve been kinda MIA. I like that they now feature user-generated content- it gives the sites a sense of community.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for commenting ladies!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 2:02:40 AM
Author: pennquaker09
That''s a great space. I love the color of the cabinetry. I have a question, have you thought about adding pulls or knobs to the drawers fronts and doors?
Thanks, Penn!

We will eventually, but like most furniture that I have yet to buy, I just haven''t found anything that I just *love*. Of course, I love the modern and sleek straight handles, but I''m so afraid of drilling holes in my cabinets and then inevitably hating them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results