shape
carat
color
clarity

wow, is this what guys go through?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so, I''m proposing to my GF (I''m a girl) in June and up to now have just been really excited. Today as I was driving I was "practicing" what I was going to say and my heart started pounding! it''s been about 20 min and my hands are STILL shakey. How the HECK do guys do this? Is this what they go through? On the day-of I''m probably going to botch the delivery and then promptly pass out ;-)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! You poor thing! Congratulations to you and your soon-to-be fiancee!

My DH was a *wreck* - I seriously have never seen him act so nervous. He could not focus on ANYTHING. It was absolutely adorable, but it made the moment so special because I could see how much he wanted it to be perfect!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
It’s sweet that you’re so nervous! Your girlfriend will love every second of it.

I’m sure it doesn’t compare to proposing to someone, but I told my boyfriend I love him first. I was a mess. My tongue froze and I couldn’t say anything. I just could not get any words out. We were saying goodbye for the night, and I kept holding him and stuttering, and he couldn’t figure out why I wouldn’t let him go. I finally burst into tears because I was so nervous I didn’t know what else to do. He asked me if I was breaking up with him. “No!” I shouted. “Well what then?” He asked. So I took a huge breath and tried to calm myself down and finally managed to whisper “I love you.”

He didn’t hear me. “What?” he asked. Oh for Pete’s sake, I remember thinking, do I really have to do this again?! Haha. In all, it took me an hour to get the words out. Ridiculous. But he says knows I really meant it because I was so nervous. It’s endearing, somehow. I’m sure proposing is a million times more nerve-wracking. I’m sure you will be nervous, and I’m sure your girlfriend will love it that much more because you are!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Oh blacksand that story is so funny! :) Thanks for sharing!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I proposed to my husband, so I''ve been there! I don''t really recall being nervous, more almost annoyed than anything haha. We were expecting a baby, we had been discussing marriage for months, I was like "Dude, I''d like to not be 8 months pregnant in our wedding pictures..."

He was like "Oh, ok! How''s October?"
20.gif

To be honest, everyone wants a special proposal, but don''t be nervous about messing it up or anything like that. Your girlfriend probably wouldn''t care if you two were sitting in a mud puddle, she will just be overjoyed that you want to spend your life with her. Lots of engagement dust to you!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I were living in Ireland for a semester, but we are from CO. A week after our anniversary, we took a weekend trip to the castle I was named after. We went around and he seemed ok, but really interested in wandering around a lot more than I expected, he was going so fast. Turns out the roses he had ordered were late being delivered and the people who work at the castle had never had a proposal there before, so he was worried they botched it. As we were getting ready to leave, an employee came out, called my name (confusing when the castle has the same name) and when I looked at them, they were carrying this enormous bouquet of roses. When I looked back to my DH, he was on one knee and shaking a little. He spoke well, but was so bad he actually tried to put the ring on the wrong hand! It was really sweet.
He said he was afraid I would get impatient and propose to him instead.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
such cute stories :)
I know your proposal will be lovely and just right regardless of how it comes out HappyNewLife- I''m sure your girlfriend will think it was perfect - you sound like a fantastic woman and partner from the posts I''ve read on PS so far :)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 5:03:29 PM
Author: blacksand

It’s sweet that you’re so nervous! Your girlfriend will love every second of it.

I’m sure it doesn’t compare to proposing to someone, but I told my boyfriend I love him first. I was a mess. My tongue froze and I couldn’t say anything. I just could not get any words out. We were saying goodbye for the night, and I kept holding him and stuttering, and he couldn’t figure out why I wouldn’t let him go. I finally burst into tears because I was so nervous I didn’t know what else to do. He asked me if I was breaking up with him. “No!” I shouted. “Well what then?” He asked. So I took a huge breath and tried to calm myself down and finally managed to whisper “I love you.”

He didn’t hear me. “What?” he asked. Oh for Pete’s sake, I remember thinking, do I really have to do this again?! Haha. In all, it took me an hour to get the words out. Ridiculous. But he says knows I really meant it because I was so nervous. It’s endearing, somehow. I’m sure proposing is a million times more nerve-wracking. I’m sure you will be nervous, and I’m sure your girlfriend will love it that much more because you are!
you''re so cute blacksand. :)

happynewlife: I''m sure you will be fine. :) Good luck!!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, I think the fact that you are so nervous will make it more special for your GF. It''s sweet and sincere.
1.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
My DH was not really nervous, however, we had talked a lot already about our future lives together and there was little question we were in it together!

Plus he had other things to be nervous about at time...he was being admitted into the emergency room when he asked.

He said a little later he asked me as he was getting impatient waiting for me to ask him (he was a mix of serious and teasing). I had actually been planning to ask him though, as I told him then, rather soon - probably after he returned from the trip he was on at the time. He beat me to it...but we asked each other a few times after that...we still ask one another though we are now married!

Do not worry too much about getting it perfect. Just make it personal! Good luck!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 6:26:05 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
I proposed to my husband, so I''ve been there! I don''t really recall being nervous, more almost annoyed than anything haha. We were expecting a baby, we had been discussing marriage for months, I was like ''Dude, I''d like to not be 8 months pregnant in our wedding pictures...''

He was like ''Oh, ok! How''s October?''
20.gif

To be honest, everyone wants a special proposal, but don''t be nervous about messing it up or anything like that. Your girlfriend probably wouldn''t care if you two were sitting in a mud puddle, she will just be overjoyed that you want to spend your life with her. Lots of engagement dust to you!

Haha. I actually laughed out loud about the "8 months pregnant in our wedding pictures" comment.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with the proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results