shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow! a good looking Sam''s Club ring? !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t even remember what I was searching for, but I ran across this ruby and diamond ring from Sam''s Club. LOVE love love the design
30.gif
I''m saving the photo so that next time I have some mad money - I just spent mine on vintage hand carved gold bands
3.gif
- I can have this beauty made for me
9.gif

Ruby_ring

0040622553689_LG.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That is pretty cool looking. I think sometimes you can find cool stuff in unexpected places!

centrc

Rough_Rock
Sams Club is actually an excellent place to buy mid-range Jewelery - especially diamond. They clearly list the specs on the tags, and most of it is SI/G-H or better for a great price. They also don''t hound you until you buy something like the mall jewelers.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reminds me of Simon G bands. Very pretty band. Did Sam’s disclose any treatment on the rubies?

ETA,
I just checked out the link and there is no mention of treatment on the rubies. I presume it is heated then. As for lead glass filling or BE diffusion, who knows...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say that Sonia Bitton made that original style for one of Shop NBC's show hosts to celebrate something special (I forgot what Kendy was celebrating). It was originally made for Kendy in sapphire & WG and sold for something like $2499.- . Then when Sonia brought it back, she brought it back as a choice of either sapphire or ruby (YG).

Then I looked at the Sam's Club page and saw that it was a Sonia Bitton ring (LOL!)

If you go to either of Sonia's two websites, you can probably find it for less, since she's selling everything directly from her factory in NYC to the consumer now and the Shop NBC markup is gone.

www.soniabdesigns.com
www.soniabcreations.com

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I happened to buy a nice Colombian emerald ring with two diamonds at Filene''s Basement (discount store) in Boston in 1999 for $1200. The emerald is not large, but it has not been clarity-enhanced and there are no cracks and the diamonds are G-H SI1. It cost much more at other stores even at that time. They used to have gold and gem sales from time to time.
Also, Costco has decent deals. A year ago I bought a very nice rhodolite garnet ring from them. I returned it back because I bought something better.
Problem with these places is that you do not buy a special stone that has been selected by you or for you, but they have generous return policies. Costco even provides certificates.
Worst place and time to buy? (Bad personal experience). When a store is going out of business or from consolidators.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly Blonde, it''ll take more than mad money to have that ring made.

Custom jewelry is nuts. Anyone here will tell ya that, you just have to be prepared to rub your neck and write the check.

This is why lots of PSers go LOGR for settings. You can blow more $ on stones if you aren''t regular forking over in 4 digits for a setting.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I have seen some pretty good deals and decent jewelry at our Sams.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 7:57:52 AM
Author: centrc
most of it is SI/G-H or better for a great price.
which laboratory grades those diamonds sold at sam''s club?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2010 9:21:07 PM
Author: haagen_dazs

Date: 1/8/2010 7:57:52 AM
Author: centrc
most of it is SI/G-H or better for a great price.
which laboratory grades those diamonds sold at sam''s club?
I doubt any lab will certify melee diamonds that small. I did read at the end of the description that the ring (?) has certification from IGI.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 4:34:00 PM
Author: StonieGrl
Sparkly Blonde, it''ll take more than mad money to have that ring made.

Custom jewelry is nuts. Anyone here will tell ya that, you just have to be prepared to rub your neck and write the check.

This is why lots of PSers go LOGR for settings. You can blow more $ on stones if you aren''t regular forking over in 4 digits for a setting.

LoL. I know

3.gif
I would buy high quality lab created rubies for it which helps quite a bit with the cost. I''m also lucky to be in a smaller town with a great mom and pop jewelry shop that does excellent custom work and doesn''t charge an arm and a leg for it
1.gif
But really, getting a half sleeve tattoo from Kim Saigh has priority
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results