shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you wear a dress watch on a regular/daily basis?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you mean Serpenti, in the first sentence?

No, I meant Submariner for maximal legibility! Was mostly kidding...

The darker-face Serpenti looks very legible. The pave less so, imo.

My (quartz, non-Rolex) dive watch could be used to teach pre-schoolers how to tell time. Arabic numerals (12 of them, go figure), lots of lume, fat hands, etc. My dress watch -- not so much. But even that has lume. I will not buy a watch without lume. Certainly not relevant to women's watches.

No, I meant Submariner for maximal legibility! Was mostly kidding...

The darker-face Serpenti looks very legible. The pave less so, imo.

My (quartz, non-Rolex) dive watch could be used to teach pre-schoolers how to tell time. Arabic numerals (12 of them, go figure), lots of lume, fat hands, etc. My dress watch -- not so much. But even that has lume. I will not buy a watch without lume. Certainly not relevant to women's watches.

I think I’ll take my mom with me when I go try on the watches to address legibility concerns, because I figure if she can handle it I should be fine too. I’m going to be honest, I’m pretty sold on the pave serpenti just from pics, but if it’s impossible to tell time for her I may do the dark faced serpenti if the guilloche is also impossible for her to tell time.

I wish I lived in a place with a VCA! I’m going to have to wait a year just to do try-ons!! :cry:

More than a year later I’m here to update on my journey - I finally got to try on the VCA watch and… it’s not for me. It’s a stunning piece - but it was loose on my wrist and the only way to make it fit was to remove a motif. Plus, it didn’t have as much of a wow factor as I expected - it looked like a bracelet, not a watch. It also kept moving around and flipping. It’s definitely a no-go for the amount of money I’d spend on it!

Unfortunately the serpenti I love is out of production now! :( So I am back to the drawing board.

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
So my answer might seem corny but wear what you love.

To answer your question about wearing a dress watch daily... Yes. I used to wear my Rolex watch daily. I haven't worn any watches since 2014 now but then I wore it every single day. Only occasionally switching to my Cartier tank which was more casual. I dressed according to my mood...whatever I wanted to wear that day I wore.

There is no right or wrong IMO regarding the jewelry (or clothing) we wear. It's what we enjoy wearing that makes it work. Meaning if you feel it you will rock it and it will look great. So go for what your heart desires and don't worry about what others would do.

secretofgreatstyle.jpg

I love this post, excellent advice!!

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
So my answer might seem corny but wear what you love.

To answer your question about wearing a dress watch daily... Yes. I used to wear my Rolex watch daily. I haven't worn any watches since 2014 now but then I wore it every single day. Only occasionally switching to my Cartier tank which was more casual. I dressed according to my mood...whatever I wanted to wear that day I wore.

There is no right or wrong IMO regarding the jewelry (or clothing) we wear. It's what we enjoy wearing that makes it work. Meaning if you feel it you will rock it and it will look great. So go for what your heart desires and don't worry about what others would do.

secretofgreatstyle.jpg

O
You know, now that I’m older I truly believe there’s no such thing as wrong when it comes to bling. Wear what your heart desires. And to that end I don’t believe one can be overblinged if you are confident and rock it. More power to you. I mean that sincerely. Maybe my old age has brought some wisdom to me at least. But if you’re not comfortable that’s your answer. Wear what you love and feel comfortable in…sorry to repeat myself but I think it bears repeating. No matter what you decide you’re going to look gorgeous and rock it. ♥️

The only thing keeping me from jumping up and down with wild applause is that it's 2a.m. and I don't want to wake everyone up!

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
More than a year later I’m here to update on my journey - I finally got to try on the VCA watch and… it’s not for me. It’s a stunning piece - but it was loose on my wrist and the only way to make it fit was to remove a motif. Plus, it didn’t have as much of a wow factor as I expected - it looked like a bracelet, not a watch. It also kept moving around and flipping. It’s definitely a no-go for the amount of money I’d spend on it!

Unfortunately the serpenti I love is out of production now! :( So I am back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the update! Only halfway through reading this thread did I realize you posted just over a year ago, and I love updates on jewelry/watch dreams! Sorry the other watch is out of production. Is a preloved one an option? Glad you got to VCA so you now know without a doubt that watch is not the one. Good luck as you continue looking!

Thanks for the update! Only halfway through reading this thread did I realize you posted just over a year ago, and I love updates on jewelry/watch dreams! Sorry the other watch is out of production. Is a preloved one an option? Glad you got to VCA so you now know without a doubt that watch is not the one. Good luck as you continue looking!

I haven’t given up hope yet because it was discontinued only a few months ago. So while my home boutique doesn’t have it, perhaps one in a different country might. I got a very unhelpful SA when I went in the first time but I’m hopeful when I travel next I might get lucky.

Ahhhhh I’m so upset. This just solidifies that that one was “the one” and it got away :cry2: the two loop tubogas also looks really nice so I might do that one if I can’t get my hands on this.

Preloved would be an option but this watch is nearly impossible to find! Either it didn’t sell well or the ones who bought it don’t want to sell it.

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
I haven’t given up hope yet because it was discontinued only a few months ago. So while my home boutique doesn’t have it, perhaps one in a different country might. I got a very unhelpful SA when I went in the first time but I’m hopeful when I travel next I might get lucky.

Ahhhhh I’m so upset. This just solidifies that that one was “the one” and it got away :cry2: the two loop tubogas also looks really nice so I might do that one if I can’t get my hands on this.

Preloved would be an option but this watch is nearly impossible to find! Either it didn’t sell well or the ones who bought it don’t want to sell it.

Crossing my fingers you find the one at another boutique, and with a more helpful SA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results