shape
carat
color
clarity

would you swap jewelry with a friend?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have loaned a few smaller pieces to my sisters for their weddings. I gifted one special sister a small antique diamond ring as well.

Beyond that, I've never been asked to lend anything so I haven't. And I've never asked to borrow anyone's jewelry either.

I'm pretty sure my insurance only covers pieces while in my own possession. I would not be comfortable lending out my most expensive items anyways. Not a fan of the risk, for either party.

Anne

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would swap rings with a very close friend to try on another style. Swap would have to be pretty clearly defined so there aren't any misunderstandings. Unfortunately, none of my close friends have any swap-worthy bling. Or wear my size for that matter.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
I’m not sure if this situation fits, but this past Christmas, DH and I bought a mutual gift and are sharing it. We are time sharing a Rolex and we swap it out every month. He gets to wear it on odd months; I wear it on even months. This watch is yellow gold and I wanted to try it out without fully committing.

Looking forward to April :Up_to_something:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will only lend things if I’m okay with never getting them back. My sister has lost three diamond studs to date, and she also had to have a diamond ring cut off her finger because she closed a door on it. That is not someone you lend precious jewels to!

Our mom isn’t a klutz like her, but I stopped giving her jewelry because she never wears anything I give her, even when she asked for it. She doesn’t just want to borrow stuff either.

My friends have never asked to borrow jewelry, just clothes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results