shape
carat
color
clarity

would YOU solder a Tacori wedding set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!

Well I''ve been reading the threads on e-rings eating wedding bands and to solder or not to solder and now I am worried about my new set and what I should do. I definitely don''t want my rings to get hungry and chomp on each other!
18.gif

My set looks just like Carolynw''s and laney''s Tacori set. each ring has the signature Tacori scalloping and pave set diamonds on all 3 sides and are full eternity bands. I do plan on wearing the rings together at all times \because I am getting a seperate plain platinum band to wear on the occasions that I don''t want to or can''t wear my set (work, workout, travel, etc.)

In your opinion, do you think it would be a good idea for me to solder the rings together after I am married to prevent the rings from wearing each other down over the years?

I''ve heard that soldering will reduce the value of the rings. but does that really matter since its not like I will be selling them (hopefully)

My jeweler doesn''t recommend soldering unless the bands are specifically made for each other or would look funny seperately. He thinks it may ruin the milgrain or be noticeable but is not sure since he has never soldered a Tacori set.

How and where would they solder a 3 sided pave ring? Would I be risking too much if I did this?

any advice or opinions you can give me would be great!!!

thanks
35.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Feydakin--
Thanks for your reply. What does laser welding involve? How does it avoid ruining the milgrain or pave? is it reversible?

Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a good question, one that seems to be coming up quite frequently. I wonder what Tacori has to say about this. They design the rings to be worn together, now all this worry about them rubbing up against eachother would have me concerned as well. Is there a way to have your jeweler contact a represntative of Tacori to see what their opions are about soldering these rings? Just curious to see what they had to say on this matter.
34.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I sent Tacori an email regarding this yesterday so it will be interesting to see what they say. I think my jeweler is going to ask them this week their opinion and if doing so will void any warranties with the rings. I truly would hate to see these rings get worn down over time or the pave stones get bruised since they are so pretty. I''ll let you know what they say.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
From a preservationist point of view, altered items are not looked favorably on. Original condition is very important in the long run.

....just a different perspective from a vintage jeweler dealer and collector - so, no, I wouldn''t. But, you are the one who must wear them.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, Im pretty much anti-soldering, for all rings. I just think that if you wanted one ring, you shoulda gone for just one big ring.

But thats my opinion.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, I am not into soldering or welding or anything..two rings are two rings and I would not be able to wear w-ring without e-ring (which I do sometimes) if I did that. Also I think alot of times you can tell and it looks kind of ''off''...it''s a personal preference so whatever you do, ensure you will like that look!

This definitely speaks to doing all the research before purchasing or falling in love with a setting that doesn''t have a matching w-ring or has one that will eat the other...this was very important to me from the very beginning as I knew I wanted 2 rings and I wanted them to sit flush etc. So if you know all your requirements up front, you can hopefully ensure that you aren''t caught later with an issue like this.

Good luck!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I have never been a big fan of the whole soldering thing either, just wanted to see what everyone else thought or experienced. I contacted the jeweler who sold me my diamond and he also agrees not to solder tacori rings because they are so intricate and he doesnt feel that it will really serve any purpose. My boss' wedding set wasn't matched up when it was soldered and every time I see it I notice it! My rings fit pretty snug on my finger so they really don't do that much twisting and really, I will only probably wear them for a few hours a day as I mentioned I will have a seperate ring for work so hopefully that will preserve them for longer. Eh, rings are made to be worn. We should all stop worrying so much huh!!!
thanks for the advice!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results