shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you really like to know how other PSers ...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel about you inside their head? :bigsmile:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a people pleaser I’m always conscious of what other people might think of me.
Fortunately age has blunted my sensitivity.
I still hope that other people think well of me, that my actions and words have demonstrated me to be the kind, caring, honest and reasonable person I aim to be.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
sure why not....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. It is none of my business what others think of me.

And for those PSers who are my true friends I already know and for those who are not my friends it is none of my business and I don't care in the slightest. :)

noneofmybusiness.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People can't stand too much of the truth - especially when it comes to themselves.

I honestly think we see ourselves one way - usually in a good light - and have no idea what others really think of us and might be a bit crushed to learn it.

It is also a two way street - hearing what they think of me might prompt me to tell them what I really think of them.

So my vote is no - everyone can just keep their thoughts to themselves - including me! Lol!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bearing in mind there are very few people on here who actually ‘know’ me, what other people think is irrelevant to me.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Why would it be relevant what a stranger feels about you? The perception someone on an Internet forum has of you is going to be based on an incredibly limited and shallow base of interactions - less even than a minor personal acquaintance. Which would mean their view of your personality or how they FEEL is highly likely to be completely erroneous and nothing like how they would feel about you if they were personally intimate with you.

I’d be more interested in whether a poster was considered to be “adding value” in some way to the forum. That could be educational value, entertainment value, intellectual value, emotional value if they post kindly towards others on some of the non-jewellery related threads, just the value of keeping the chat going and driving traffic through the boards. In the context of a forum situation that to me is the only “opinion” that matters, if at all.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you care?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to know but if I am completely honest, I do care to some degree.

I think a lot of problems we have in society is that with social media, people feel free to hide behind their screens - not caring what others say/think. Some have personas different than what they are IRL and get judged (often unfairly) because of it. We are losing our social skills and perspectives. To me, it's one of the scariest aspects as more and more jobs move to 100% remote work.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think the other PSers think about me at all. I think most people are thinking 99% about themselves and how they appear to others most of the time.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Categorically no. I guess I hope I don't say anything ascerbic/critical that makes other people feel negative about themselves or me. Neither of us needs that. But otherwise I really don't want to psychoanalyse what the internet thinks about me -- that would be a whole new level of exhausting.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AB, How you really feel about me?. :lol: I probably know already... :lol:

I really like you, just lately you have become quite the stink. If I didn’t you would be on ignore. We have more in common than disagree.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results