carat
color
clarity

Would you do this?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes absolutly
Old people tend to get invited to weddings
Here one of our biggest clusters was from a wedding and the groom's dad caught covid and died
That was at the begining of the pandemic- no one knew any better or rather thought much about it
Now we all know better

We have to keep ourselves and as much as we can each other safe

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would avoid the whole issue by eloping.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The first bride is immunocompromised. Second bride has high-risk family members. Both brides are 100% justified in their request. Don't want the vaccine, don't go, easy as that. Are their unvaccinated "friends" and "family" seriously upset that they want to protect themselves and their loved ones? C'mon, how entitled is that? Do these guests really think their presence is that important?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, This means that they don't believe the vaccination is protecting them from Covid. IOW why bother with taking the vaccination?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
No, This means that they don't believe the vaccination is protecting them from Covid. IOW why bother with taking the vaccination?

Obviously you didn't read the article, lol. There are high risk people there, including the bride herself. Vaccines are not 100%. They want to protect themselves and the people that matter to them. I'm sure grandpa is more important than a random friend, and if rando wants to complain, bye!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously you didn't read the article, lol. There are high risk people there, including the bride herself. Vaccines are not 100%. They want to protect themselves and the people that matter to them. I'm sure grandpa is more important than a random friend, and if rando wants to complain, bye!
Grandpa should be vaccinated by now.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Probably no, even once vaccinated people can still catch and spread the virus (there is quite a lot of this now). A 190 person wedding doesn't sound entirely sensible even if everyone there is vaccinated.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think it's fine. It's their wedding and it's up to them. In the US, if you want to get the vaccine it's freely available. No access issues. There's a small segment of the population that cannot receive it, so it's possible that people that are not able to get the shot cannot go, but I don't think that's the end of the world.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:roll::roll::roll:

Spend 10 minutes with the county clerk.
Done!

521.jpg

Last edited:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Grandpa should be vaccinated by now.

You obviously can't put yourself in other people's shoes, so why am I even responding...

Sure, IF grandpa is vaccinated and healthy. What if grandpa has cancer? Or people who may be vaccinate but are fighting other diseases that lowers their immunity? You do realize that the vaccine isn't 100%, right? Especially for people who may be immunocompromised. Surely you know that, don't you? The bride and groom get to say who is/isn't invited, and if they don't want unvaccinated people there, that's their choice. They're not forcing people to be vaccinated. Those people just aren't invited. This isn't a tax-payer funded event, it's a wedding, and the people paying for it gets 100% say in who they invite.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a timely article. Two of my sisters’ kids are recently engaged (not to each other, obvi lol) and are planning for big weddings for next summer and next fall. Neither of them are at all concerned about Covid anymore! They are planning Indoor weddings with up to 200 people! I sent them this article to get them to consider doing this but they just blew it off.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm attending a wedding this summer with only vaccinated attendees. I support them 5000%. Some of their family members aren't coming because of this, but the event will actually will better without them there.

Just wondering, are they checking vaccine records? Or are they relying on honesty? Because entitled people will lie if they think they are above the bride and groom's wishes.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I support this as someone who got married during the pandemic. It was very scary.

However, I would be very reluctant to have such a large wedding regardless.

We reduced the list to 12 people and had it outdoors and distanced as much as possible. We would've canceled altogether but our parents would have never forgiven us.

I would never spend a lot of time and money planning a large wedding right now. If I learned nothing from the experience, it was that we had to flexible and that everything could change at a moment's notice. Everything we had originally planned fell to pieces, even new plans...fell to pieces. We had 3 weeks to throw it all together after 12 months of planning.

It's stressful enough as it is – but having to give it all up was agonizing, even though we enjoyed our day SO much I still look back with a sense of sadness.

And screw family members who don't understand or pitch a fit. It's not their day, it's about the couple. If they don't like it, decline with grace.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thoughts pretty much amount to "welcome to 2021 and beyond". People are just going to have to come to terms with the freedoms (or lack thereof) that their vaccination choices/circumstances create. Not fair? Life ain't far, and all that.

Last edited:
I would absolutely support this! I plan to wait a bit longer to see how the COVID situation develops before getting married, and in India rn (where my wedding would be) there are major access issues, so if I was to get married today I would probably insist on at least the first vaccine instead of fully vaccinated; of course also requiring people send me a negative COVID test done a max of 48h before the wedding.

Edit to add: if someone doesn’t want to get vaccinated, please don’t come lol. I would set up a telecast of the wedding for those people who can’t/don’t want to attend. But I don’t want my wedding to become a super spreader event and be responsible for the death of someone I love. Of course if someone is immunocompromised or allergic to the vaccine and is medically advised to not take it, I would accept that prescription in lieu of a vaccination certificate. But there will be kids at my wedding. There will be cancer survivors at my wedding. There will be diabetics and people well over the age of 65 or 70. I want to keep them all safe.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, People whom are vaccinated should act like they are or else why bother with the vaccination? . You don't trust the vaccination will protect you from Covid ? :rolleyes:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, People whom are vaccinated should act like they are or else why bother with the vaccination? . You don't trust the vaccination will protect you from Covid ? :rolleyes:

How does someone "act" like they are vaccinated?

Oh, and you ask, "why bother"?
To protect myself and others from getting and/or passing on the virus.

The vaccines are not 100% effective.
I might be one of the 5 or 10% they don't work on.

That's a good reason to keep wearing a mask even after full vaccination.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How does someone "act" like they are vaccinated?

Oh, and you ask, "why bother"?
To protect myself and others from getting and/or passing on the virus.

So act like it!. Don't avoid interactive with other people after you are fully vaccinated.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
So act like it!. Don't avoid interactive with other people after you are fully vaccinated.

It's like talking to a wall. :rolleyes::wall: Do you think the vaccination is 100%? We know it's not 100% and I will do anything in my power to keep my vaccinated immunocompromised family members from people like you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's like talking to a wall. :rolleyes::wall: Do you think the vaccination is 100%? We know it's not 100% and I will do anything in my power to keep my vaccinated immunocompromised family members from people like you.

You'll be saying the same thing 3 months from now, 6 months from now and 1 yr from now...:wall::rolleyes:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are your thoughts?

Says more about the family than the bride, imo.

The vaccinations appear to be 95% effective. They were in the initial short-term clinical trials and they confer nearly identical (95%) protection in the more recent big epi studies. (Meaning that the COVID attack rate seems to be 20X higher in unvaccinated randos -- although that is also the douchy no-mask subset so there's that confounder.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm an introvert.
All my life I have avoided all unnecessary interaction with people.
"I vant to be alone." :mrgreen:

Covid has been a blessing.
No invitations to turn down.

Oh and "fully" vaccinated isn't fully protected.
As I've posted many times (every time you ignore it :doh::doh::doh:) the best vaccines are only 90 95% effective.

You could see that as 5 to 10% of people who are "fully" vaccinated are effectively not vaccinated at all.

Excellent reasons to keep up with the hand washing, social isolation, and mask wearing when you have to be out among people.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You'll be saying the same thing 3 months from now, 6 months from now and 1 yr from now...:wall::rolleyes:

Don't try to turn this into something it isn't. Avoiding unvaccinated people wouldn't be an issue if more people were fully vaccinated. Grandpa wouldn't risk catching something from people like you while out at dimsum if vaccination rates were higher. It's embarrassing that this is even a discussion. :twirl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
As I've posted many times, every time you ignore it, the best vaccines are only 90 95% effective.

That means 5 to 10% of people "fully" vaccinated are effectively not vaccinated at all.

It's like talking to a wall. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't try to turn this into something it isn't. Avoiding unvaccinated people wouldn't be an issue if more people were fully vaccinated. Grandpa wouldn't risk catching something from people like you while out at dimsum if vaccination rates were higher. It's embarrassing that this is even a discussion. :twirl:
This grandpa (DF) will not take the vaccine b/c he have a heart murmur. I have nothing against the vaccine for the elderly. However, if my daughters were in their teens I will not allow them to take an experimental drug.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I've posted many times (every time you ignore it :doh::doh::doh:) the best vaccines are only 90 95% effective.

So, more of a "mind clean" thinking you are safer than the unvaccinated people.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their wedding, their rules.

The point of the vaccination @Dancing Fire is to protect you from getting a severe case of Covid and avoid hospitalisation. It’s never been claimed that it’s 100%.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results