shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you do a mini upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AH. Ok. Will wait for Vid (you will share right?). It''s on hold for you pending that though, right?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in the process of doing a mini-upgrade and a stone shape switch, so I would have to say yes!!! I am only going about .3 carats larger, but I think it will be enough of a change to notice. Since my setting was damamged and needed to be replaced I thought it was a good opportunity to change the stone out. Since your old setting will fit the new stone and you can upgrade again later, I say why not?! If you had to buy a new setting than I would wait until you hit the size you really want since it takes so much extra $$ to get a new setting too!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that if you fancy a change, go for it!! I would do it if I loved a new stone!!

9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,
Yes, the stone is reserved.
2.gif

Kcoursolle,
Gosh, my mini-upgrade is also 0.3 ct larger. The shape is slightly different (clipped vs rounded corners) but the biggest change is the facet pattern. I'm so excited. I recall reading your post about changing out your stone and setting too. How's that going?

Maisie,
Didn't you get an upgrade fairly recently? Do you mind reminding me what's the original size and the new size? I think it was from 0.5 ct to 0.75 ct and then 1.25 ct right?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love that cushion! Go for it! It''s 100% upgradeable and you wouldn''t lose anything financially right? Do you have to pay taxes on the stone? That''s something to consider if you do.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 4:57:09 PM
Author: Chrono
Gypsy,
2.gif

Kcoursolle,
Gosh, my mini-upgrade is also 0.3 ct larger. The shape is slightly different (clipped vs rounded corners) but the biggest change is the facet pattern. I''m so excited. I recall reading your post about changing out your stone and setting too. How''s that going?

Maisie,
Didn''t you get an upgrade fairly recently? Do you mind reminding me what''s the original size and the new size? I think it was from 0.5 ct to 0.75 ct and then 1.25 ct right?
It''s going pretty well. The setting had to be re-casted because of some minor issues, but JA has been great about the whole thing. I did get to view the ring before it was sent back to get re-casted and I have to say I am excited about the jump in size, it was definitely noticeable to me!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds great Chrono, I look forward to either seeing the video, or if not, hearing your thoughts on the new cushion!!
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to Jon, he was going to do the video last evening. I''m guessing he''s editing it today, so maybe I''ll see it later today or over the weekend.

susi

Shiny_Rock
Chrono, I love the differences between this cushion and your Jubilee. For one, the larger culet.....love pronounced culets!! And the rounded cushion corners as opposed to the cut corners ( beautiful in themselves, but the rounded corners "do it" for me!)

Size is important but not the only thing
2.gif
and even if this cushion were smaller, to me, it still incorporates what you seem to love in a stone.

I'd get it in a heartbeat!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh Chrono if you haven''t already I say do it!
cheerleader1.gif

Can''t wait to see the video! I loved the first one he did for you!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 4:57:09 PM
Author: Chrono
Gypsy,
2.gif

Kcoursolle,
Gosh, my mini-upgrade is also 0.3 ct larger. The shape is slightly different (clipped vs rounded corners) but the biggest change is the facet pattern. I'm so excited. I recall reading your post about changing out your stone and setting too. How's that going?

Maisie,
Didn't you get an upgrade fairly recently? Do you mind reminding me what's the original size and the new size? I think it was from 0.5 ct to 0.75 ct and then 1.25 ct right?
I started off with .55, then went to .72 then finished on 1.03. I adore my new stone and won't be upgrading it. Its really weird, once you find your forever stone, you just know!!
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I really love the looks of that cushion. I don''t think that you will regret this one at all.

shay

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cheerleader1.gif
Heehee, I am so '' cited for you Chrono!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering if you did decide to get the cushion. I think this cushion looks very pretty.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, what''s the scoop Miss Chrono?
tapping.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2008 8:40:20 AM
Author: Ellen
Yeah, what''s the scoop Miss Chrono?
tapping.gif
Thritto on the scoop thing!
28.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - what is the scoop? I am so excited for you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The scoop is that GOG was closed on Monday, then Jon was down to 1 person at the store on Tuesday, and was too busy yesterday. I got the video today and wanted to post it but Jon used my real name... I'd really like additional "eyes" but am reluctant to post the vid since he mentioned my name twice.
38.gif

Jon put a 5.2 mm PoH (to simulate my current Jubilee) next to the 5.7 mm cushion. I CAN see the difference in size right away. Both are lovely stones and both sparkle a lot. I can also tell difference in faceting pattern right away too. It's like trying to pick between a top ruby and a top blue sapphire. 2 gorgeous stones that are so different.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
So what did you think of that cushion? Did you like it? Are you going for it? I''m so excited for you right now. I think you''ll love the cushion, if you should choose to get it. We''re all waiting to hear the verdict!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results