shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you consider this Solasfera?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aaronx88

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''m looking to buy a Solasfera diamond and would need your expert opinion on this stone.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1264/

I''m also considering some 0.8x ct Solasfera that is going to be available. Once the specifications are up, I would need more opinions as to which one to choose.

Any comments are welcome.

Thank you.

Aaron

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just talking the other day to someone who saw several of them in person, they are high performance diamonds accross a wide variety of light sources some people like traditional super-ideal h&a''s better and some like the looks of the solasfera better.
Its worth while having it sent to you to look at in person if you cant go there to look at it.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I with strmrdr on this one - you need to see them in person and side by side with a traditional ideal before you make up your mind. It is actually quite different.
good luck

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd buy it.
I love my Solasfera.
It is under a carat but several people swore it looks way over a carat.
It is so full of fire!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solasfera.40651/

See it side by side next to a stardard 58 facet well-cut stone.

It is a different look, that I prefered, even over the Eightstar.

aaronx88

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have not seen a solasfera in person and it is not possible for me to do so since I'm located in Australia. After seeing all the Solasfera picture in this forum, I feel that I like the look of the diamond.

With the GOG 0.70ct Solasfera above, what do you guys think of the specs especially the inclusion?

Thank you.

Aaron Chong

p/s Kenny, is there a GOG pricescope discount that you mention in another thread? and how do I send a private message on this forum? cant seems to find it, can only find the inbox
7.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Aaron ~

I''ve purchased Solasfera diamonds from GOG, and they''ve been great to work with. You won''t be disappointed. If you email Tim directly (see the contact page on the GOG website for Tim''s email address), he can send you side-by-side photos of the Solasfera diamond you are considering and a high-performing H&A with comparable specs so you can compare the two. This way, you can see for yourself how much brighter (and generally larger) the Solasfera appears.

Tim can also comment on the inclusions you asked about. There won''t be any "hard sell", and for added protection, GOG offers generous return (and upgrade) policies. You couldn''t ask for a better e-vendor ...

In my humble opinion, a major difference between the Solasfera and H&A diamond is that the Solasfera throws-off smaller flashes of amazing multi-colored light under all lighting conditions, while a traditional H&A throws-off larger chunks of light and color. Both are beautiful but in different ways ...

Some people find the look of the Solasfera to be chaotic but (again in my opinion), the Solasfera diamond is breathtakingly beautiful. PLUS, because of the edge-to-edge brilliance and intense scintillation, the Solasfera tends to appear larger than it actually is.

If you search this Forum under "solasfera" or under my username (BrownEyes), you will find photos of my Solasfera ring, along with others. It is no longer possible to PM on this Forum.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide.
4.gif

W2W

Rough_Rock
When we were looking for RBs I saw the Solasfera in person at David S and went through the whole presentation. I then had an opportunity to compare it side by side with a H & A at GOG. I found that the H & A (ideal cut) was as brilliant but in a differnet way as mentioned above (and cheaper). The solasfera facets were too small and busy for me. Ultimately we went with a cushion cut because when I finally saw one, I realized that larger facets and flashes of light are much more appealing to me. It really is a matter of personal preference and I think it''s a good idea to see as much as you can before deciding. I think that psychologically I initially got caught up with finding the "perfect" stone in terms of cut and solasfera definately claims to be the best. I''ve realized that diamonds each have their own charm and sometimes the differences are not so easy to define.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results